PES6 on PS2 - First Impressions! Scans Inside!

A

Adonis

Hey people!

Just opened up a copy of PSW and they have a huge feature on PES6.

Its apparently a first play of the UK version. Rather than explain what they said, I thought I'd show you:

Out of all the info given Im pleased to hear its not as dribble heavy as WE10. Expect some more info at Leipzig.

btw, whats with all the PlayStation mags keeping showing Xbox 360 pics of PES?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet.
Although they don't mention anything about the Goalies having rubber gloves on and a deep desire to save the ball into the middle of the penalty area!!!

Sounds damn good though. Roll on October.........

Last edited:
Haven't looked at all the pics yet as I'm short on time. Will do later though but just wanted to say thanks for sharing dude.

Great scans Adonis... though it looks like nothing is going to change again few tweaks aside the guy doing the write up could just as well have been playing WE10.. I'm getting pretty p+$$*d at Konami's lazy tweak and ship attitude.. The title needs an overhaul and I know it's the best on the market and that's why they are reaping in the bucks and putting very little in.. but hey come on who apart from "Sea-no-evil-bass" is happy with the laughable ML and non game play side!! Sorry I know how some fans on this site hate the Konami bashing but I'm getting really miffed that such a fantastic game engine has to sit in such a crappy chassis to use a crap car related analogy!! :roll: Ohh well back to work!! :(

Adonis said:
btw, whats with all the PlayStation mags keeping showing Xbox 360 pics of PES?
Nice scans Adonis! But why do you think these are Xbox 360 screenshots?

have to agree nick, really pisses me off that they continue this trend, sometimes makes you feel like giving fifa a try, but then you come to your senses and just make do. Hopefully they will change it for the nextgen, but im not holding my breath.

Thx for the share adonis

Just read the article. I find it amazing that the mag writes a 7-pages preview and still fails to go into things people like to read.
Nothing about on-line; is there nothing to say about that? Why spending two pages and just talking about player animations? Tell us about the defending/attacking balance, which was quite a topic for those who played WE10 on these boards.
The remark from Konami about the PS3 ( "the development is going nicely with the vast majority of work going into improving the intelligence of your CPU-controlled teammates"- page 7) hints that these kind of things will also not be made for the Xbox 360 next october, else that work was already done (I think PES 6 is now in the testing or even the production phase ). So that's bad news for the 360 fans :(

Han said:
Just read the article. I find it amazing that the mag writes a 7-pages preview and still fails to go into things people like to read.
Nothing about on-line; is there nothing to say about that? Why spending two pages and just talking about player animations? Tell us about the defending/attacking balance, which was quite a topic for those who played WE10 on these boards.
The remark from Konami about the PS3 ( "the development is going nicely with the vast majority of work going into improving the intelligence of your CPU-controlled teammates"- page 7) hints that these kind of things will also not be made for the Xbox 360 next october, else that work was already done (I think PES 6 is now in the testing or even the production phase ). So that's bad news for the 360 fans :(

Yes, I was thinking the same thing as I read the article, its looking like another tweaked version. When will Konami address the things that are letting the best soccer game down like goal keepers, more balanced ref and so on.
Didnt like the part about the shooting, it needed improving not made harder and disappointingly, the 360 version looks like being visually better but underneath the same game

Han said:
Pretty sure it's a Playstation magazine Han, they're not going to mention the 360 version and more than probably took artistic license when they mentioned a PS3 version, which might actually have been 'next-generation' in terms of what Konami were talking about.

I noticed the bit about how it's different from WE10 but they say they've only had that for a month, that doesn't fill me with confidence as to how different it will be.

The only version I'll be buying is for the 360, as even if it's just WE10 with a shiny graphical overhaul it's a more appealling option than playing on the old machines. Thanks for the scans Adonis.

P.S. agree totally with Nick Cave.

I am really pleased to hear that the game is "radically" different from WE10 & that the defensive game has been improved! I am also glad that "running down the wing and squarings a ball to the edge of the box is no longer an option." My mate scores most of his goals doing that so I am glad its less frequent!

It's still an option, it's just that the player in posession of the ball will have more of a speed disadvantage, which is how it is in real life.

Thanks a lot Adonis, new improvements in gameplay is something we see every year. Tbh, if they just improve the Master League, and give the same gameplay from WE9, or with slight tweaks ill be really happy

cheers for the thankyou's guys ;)

I did it last year with PES5, so I'll try and keep everyone posted about PES6 as often as I can. ThomasGoal owns on import info, I'll do the easy work with the PES series :lol:

Han said:
Nice scans Adonis! But why do you think these are Xbox 360 screenshots?

Im on about the pics involving Adriano and Terry. They are nextgen, but I cant see how they can be PS3 when its coming out next year for it. Maybe an earlier release?

I thought those pics were only from the Intro scene?

Back
Top Bottom