PES6 Vs FIFA07

I was a PES mark! I enjoyed it until the summer when I had tons of free time and got so good and I couldn't even raise the difficulty level so I just played a world cup over and over and a champions league over and over. I couldn't wait for PES6 to come out until I saw the FIFA 07 preview video! It looked cool but I thought it was going to suck since that was typical of EA. Even so, I still wanted the game! I got the game the Friday morning it came out but couldn't install it till after school! All I could think about was FIFA that day and I even brought 2 friends home to play it with me! When the game started the intro looked hot and when we played the first game I fell in love! I rocked! It's been over a month and I still love the game! Forza EA!

I have got both games and I have to say and I wish i wasnt saying this but FIFA is miles better than pes6, pes6 has even less in terms of options and balls then pes5, Im pissed that i cant put myself in the game either, it still has some good points, the faces are good, especially scholes and carrick, but i find myself playing FIFA most of the time,

Question for FIFA 07 360 players, how do i set up a Premiership season? I can only see the Manager Mode, can i just play 1 Premiership season or Cup Season or is it just manager mode?

FIFA 07 on the 360 barely has any single-player modes, unfortunately. Apart from friendlies and the "lobby", manager mode is the only thing you can do.

OK, I have hammered both games (been playing FIFA at my mate's flat quite a bit):

PES 6 is a better solo game. FIFA is too easy, the CPU AI is terrible and it plays TOO fast at times.

FIFA07 is far better online by the sound's of things which is an important factor in a game these days.

So I'm getting FIFA too and will give it a good hammering online.

is it just me that thinks the graphics on FIFA whilst looking glossy and flash, there something about it that dont look right, PES6 is much better.

been playing fifa most of the day at my mates house, came back, put on pes and it seems like a breath of fresh air, theres just too many things that annoy me in fifa still, ahh well. I still honestly beleive if pes6 was amazing this year noone would be giving fifa a second look. I cant see what the (offline) problem is with the pes6 gameplay.

The more I play FIFA the more i'm put off it. I'm actually starting to find FIFA less responsive to controls than PES, the lack of proper heading is awful, the fact players can whizz past other players so easily, the ball pinging around while players just stand and stare at it wondering what to do with it, online mode where everyone races to be Barcelona before the other person, the defenders who don't seem to be able to mark half-decently and the keepers who are rubbish up close but are superman from anywhere more than 10ft away pulling off saves which they never catch and always parry. Anyway, rant over. FIFA isn't as good as I initially thought and I'm starting to sway back to PES now.

I still honestly beleive if pes6 was amazing this year noone would be giving fifa a second look.

Correct, however pes 360 is a pile of cack for single players who look for the slightes bit of realism with regard to leagues/teams/tournaments etc. Im still really enjoying it, fifa that is.

Was reading the back of the pes6 cover earlier and found to my amusement the follewing statement:
"Masterleague lets you play realistic leagues and tournaments" or something to that effect, :lol: . What a load of bollocks, but wouldnt expect anything less from konami who have a record of misleading/lying about the game/features.

RAISH said:
is it just me that thinks the graphics on FIFA whilst looking glossy and flash, there something about it that dont look right, PES6 is much better.
Nah,I think that as well mate,I have both games,played fifa for about 3 hours yesterday,then put pes6 on,And I have to say...

Pes 6 is still the daddy.

Imo.

:)

Been talking to Jack via PM's 'cause I been thinking about buying FIFA (that way I've got the worst of both worlds!). I think both games have their own advantages. Shame, this was supposed to be 'the year' for footy titles. Not to be I'm afraid . . .

It's terrible really, PES6 has the features of a demo and FIFA 07 has next to NO offline multiplayer modes. Not everybody has their consoles online, it's disgusting. If my nephew asked me for a football game for his 360 this Christmas, he'd have a crap Christmas, basically. "Wow, thanks Uncle Jack, I can play friendlies\the same ML I've been playing for years... It's the best football game ever."

I can't believe what you told me earlier, Jack! WHY is there no option to play a career mode in FIFA07!? What is manager mode then?

managermode is careermode diego, you can play matches or choose to simulate them as a manageronly game. Its up to you, so you could also just manage games first and if its going down the pan get hands on and play some matches aswell. Fifa also has challenge mode which i think is great, anybody who can remember the iss series with challenges will know what im talking about.

So if I chose, lets say, Real Madrid as my team in Manager Mode, do I play league/cup games and have to qualify for Europe (a bit like a Master League)?

Jack Bauer said:
It's terrible really, PES6 has the features of a demo and FIFA 07 has next to NO offline multiplayer modes.

That say's it all really mate.

:roll:

I think I'm actually one of the few who likes BOTH games Jack,but I just prefer the pace of pes6.

Online Fifa is a damn good game of footy.

But Pes6 is now working great for me,so I've fell back in love.

The first few games I played of pes6,I felt like killing myself,it was that bloody frustrating and sluggish,but once you get to grips with things,Its a bloody good game.

Sometimes we may all contradict ourselves on this forum,but one thing you can be sure off,Is that all we want is the perfect game of Soccer/Football.

Not too much to ask for,is it?

That sounds good enough, why ain't Jack impressed with that?

El Diego said:
That sounds good enough, why ain't Jack impressed with that?
Christ, did you skim-read the PMs? ;)

I said the manager mode was all well and good (apart from the "points" system - why not pounds like it is in the current-gen game?) but MULTIPLAYER-wise there's nothing to do offline, bar friendlies and the awful "lobby" mode (from what I can tell, you pick two teams and you're stuck with them without being able to change them - unless you choose "random teams" in which case you might get stuck with Real Madrid v Scotland).

You can't play the manager mode with a friend - unless you're both on the same team (which isn't multiplayer in the true sense of the word really, two humans versus the CPU).

jambotommy said:
Sometimes we may all contradict ourselves on this forum,but one thing you can be sure off,Is that all we want is the perfect game of Soccer/Football.
Precisely. You'd think I was Hitler reincarnated for wanting PES to have FIFA's passing and FIFA to have PES's offline modes.

Last edited:
Well folks,I bought a 360 bundled with Pro-Evo6 togeather with Fifa 07 on Friday and to be honest,after reading the forums,I really can't be bothered to connect the damn thing up.So this is next generation football heaven is it.What a complete and utter farce.
It appears the next 12 months is going to be very long indeed without a decent football game in sight.Yeah I know I've not played either yet but the negativity coming from some of the respected members of the forums just depresses someone like myself.
I thought the days of patching games were fun and despite its failings the WE series always slowly evolved.Now it appears we have a half assed version of 2 next generation games at inflated prices.On top of this,it appears if enough pressure is placed on Konami, they just may put a patch on Marketplace to download!Hang on.What about the vast majority of people who dont have access, or the wish to connect to the internet.Tough luck I suppose.
No its just crap.Thank god I bought Call of Duty 2 as well.If and when I connect up the damn console I think I'll be in the mood to kill someone.

kgulls said:
Thank god I bought Call of Duty 2 as well.If and when I connect up the damn console I think I'll be in the mood to kill someone.
THAT'S WHY I'VE BEEN PLAYING BATTLEFIELD SO MUCH LATELY!! Seriously, it just clicked when I read that, I think that is why!

I totally agree with everything you've put; I know we've only had the 360s for a relatively short while, but come on. Apparently (it's been said in another thread, so admittedly it could be BS), Seabass has said that the 360 and PS3 games will (gameplay-wise) be ports of the PC version - a format he has already said they have "reached their limits" on.

In which case, I'm glad I've started getting into FIFA again.

been playing both on PS2... still can't bring myself to buy a 360 given the stuff people have been posting... and I'm still not sure about FO7 even though P06 still has all the script and annoying crap that I loathe.. F07 just wont respond quick enough,I agree it plays freely and I love the content, I could even handle the shooting which seems a lot of the time to go where it wants, or the lack of headers but the fact it seems to take an age to do what I ask.. makes me switch after a few hours.

In all honesty, I don't think either game is worth £50. The lack of modes in both games is really bad of both companies. Like I say, if you're a kid and it's Christmas, you spent all your money on a 360, you don't have the internet and you want a football game, so auntie Mabel gets you FIFA 07 - what can you do against your mates? Friendlies. I think it's actually a little bit sick of both companies; I know the market now is 20 to 30 year olds, but they're in the same boat as well. "Hey John, come round, I've just got the new PES\FIFA... What can we do? Well, erm... We can play Man Utd v Man City a few times in FIFA, or we can do the Master League that we've been playing for the last ten years, all over again... What's that, you can't come round?"

Saying that, the online game in FIFA is the most enjoyable football experience I've ever had, since you're free to do your exact style of football, so I shouldn't be moaning really.

Nick Cave said:
been playing both on PS2... still can't bring myself to buy a 360 given the stuff people have been posting... and I'm still not sure about FO7 even though P06 still has all the script and annoying crap that I loathe.. F07 just wont respond quick enough,I agree it plays freely and I love the content, I could even handle the shooting which seems a lot of the time to go where it wants, or the lack of headers but the fact it seems to take an age to do what I ask.. makes me switch after a few hours.

Yep pretty much what I said in a nutshell.

The joke of it is,I've stood on the terraces and watched my beloved Torquay scrape a 0-0 draw with Shrewsbury today and that was nothing like proper football either.If the game had been on the 360 I,d have taken it back and come on the forums saying how the passing was crap, shots ballooned over the bar,unrealistically,players refusing to make runs,dodgy defending.Hey,does this sound familiar.Lol.
Seriously though Jack.It worries and frustrates me how we,the gaming public, are now so in the pocket of the only two real players in the football gaming industry.Between them, Konami and EA can drip feed us for the forseeable life of the 360 and PS3.There is no viable monetry value in making a great game in the first years of a new format.If you do; what then?So we have to put up with what is offered.No choice.
Then,of course, they also have the clever ploy of enhancement via the marketplace.Lets keep some of the things back that we could have put in the game and release them later,making us seem jolly good fellows.Again,no choice.
Seems like its not only the AI thats being tweaked by the game makers.Joe public is being tweaked for sure.
Sorry folks.Very cynical post

Very, very good post kgulls.

I remember the days when it was all so simple; you bought a certain nameless Amiga game, it had leagues upon leagues, your favourite team was sure to be in there so you had no reason to control a team you had no interest in, you could play your mates in a league or a cup, you could make your OWN leagues or cups (with NO restrictions)... The only thing missing was the online play and the "Stanley Matthews feint".

If games developers had such "revolutionary" ideas now, they'd hold them back and charge you £5 for a patch with them in.

I'd love a 2007 update of that "certain nameless game", quality :D

Back
Top Bottom