PES6 Vs FIFA07

Nick Cave said:
By the sounds of it 07 on the 360 is a completely different animal.

Playing on 07 on the PS2 and Xbox does make you think your playing on a five a side pitch when you go back to P06, I really hope I can get to love F07 because I love having all the leagues in there even if the menu set up is an arse, but it's just the damn delay from pressing to doing... some times it does up to three little animations before anything happens even when the guys just at walking speed.

FIFA 07 on the 360 doesnt have lower leagues - its this great rule that next gen should be watered down!!!!

Happened with PS2 at first too - its as if these compainies want to drag out the life of previous consoles!!!!:lmao:

Jack Bauer said:
*Falls over backwards*

That's one won over, 1,623,678 to go...

Although, with PES6 being the most successful 360 game to date, I doubt the number of converts will reach double-figures.
:(
Nothing done at present will stop the sales/success pes6 has already made on both current gen and especially next-gen, but my only hope is that both companies will go all out next year, this year was dissapointing CONTENT wise and in general to be brutally honest, especially with the over-over-inflated prices for the 360 versions, i cant in the vaguest thought expect anything close to what was offered this year (in dissapiointing sense), FIFA i think is going to be a force to recon with next year(after they tweak the A.I, and hopefully overall player responsiveness, more teams etc,) pressure in seabass's pipes imo :)

El Diego said:
Guys, listen to Jack he speaks sense. I bought PES6 3 days early for the 360 and loved it at first. Then by the weekend I was bored senseless with it. Swapped it for FIFA07 today and I have to say that it's a FANTASTIC game. It is not limited like PES6.
JB, have you considered a career in sales?! I'll be even more impressed if you can get ThomasGOAL to cancel his PS3 preorder to buy a XBox 360 + FIFA07 ;)

But honestly, I think this love for FIFA has arised due to the underwealming nature of PES6. Although it is good, I've played way better football games than FIFA07 in the past. It has changed a lot, but there is an ever so slight stench of FIFA to it that is putting me off unfortunately.

I'm actually (well...probably) not going to buy any football game this year unless they go for real cheap down in bargain bucket somewhere. It's kinda sad - but I'm not willing to spend 40-50 big ones on a rerelease (PES6) or a game which I might not enjoy fully (FIFA07).

I hate the idea of a megalomaniac company like EA. I guess Seabass + co, with their ISS, were the underdogs or the Rocky Balboa of the football gaming scene. As soon as they developed a large consumer base and signed up major footy players to front their game covers, Seabass had become as bad as EA with their shocker of a release in PES6 (and arguably PES4 & PES5)

Things are not helping with PES6 becoming the fastest selling 360 title so far, but I seriously hope that Konami get their head straightened for PES7 :( :(

Last edited:
Jack Bauer said:
True. As much as I'm loving FIFA online, it is staggering that so much is missing from both games. I know programming is hard work but surely an extra month (or even three months) could have added e.g. an edit mode to PES6 and a World Cup to FIFA 07, which would have added a lot to the lifespan and the sellability (I'm tired, I forget the actual word for sellability). Anyone who will only play PES if they can add all the team names and sponsors, for example, will be considering a refund, and anyone who's bought FIFA 07 to play with their real-life mates will be considering the same (I was seriously looking forward to playing the game with my nephew, who loves it almost as much as I do, only to have to say to him "well, if we get a pen and paper, we can do a little league ourselves" - it's been said a fair few times but come on, SWOS is ten years old now and you didn't have to resort to a pen and paper back then, "next-gen" my arse).

To me, PES6 is a very minor step forward in gameplay (although saying that I can't play it, there's something that makes it unplayable - but the mass opinion is that it's been tweaked), FIFA 07 is a huge step forward in gameplay, but then both games limit what you can do with it (I have an open NAT, I have a brother-in-law who is a network engineer, and even he can't get PES6 working online - and as I've mentioned, in FIFA, offline-multiplayer-wise, you're limited to friendlies), which is ten steps back.

I don't get why people rave about the gameplay in PES and say it doesn't matter about the limited game modes (or no extra teams every year). To me, this (and the above shortcomings) is like having a Ferrari limited to 30mph. It's great but why don't you want more out of it, when it would only take the removal of the limiter - Konami spending a few extra grand and no extra development time to employ a few extra researchers and data inputters (PES6 is the top-selling XBOX 360 game already so it's not like it's going to kill them)?

Well I've now played both games a fair bit and agree that in many ways these games are more like both companies testing the water on a new format.It's a bit like Konami saying.Oh you wanted a demo?Ok here it is.The proper game will be out next year.Fifa!Well Fifa is a tempter for us all.Again its like the company are using this first effort as a sweetener for the future.Now thats ok.Can see the logic in that.Problem is,we don't have decent game to play this year.
I don't play on-line but do play against mates and I can honestly say that last night playing Pro-Evo on a HD projector was superb.Best football session we have ever played.So there is some crumb of satisfaction in this new game.
Fifa was less of an emotional experience.The game was good but the learning curve is high for anyone who has never touched 360 controllers.
I can see me playing single player Fifa this year but when mates come round Pro-Evo will be the game.

I must admit, I actually managed to have a cheat-free game of PES online this morning, and it was absolutely fantastic. The freedom in FIFA is fantastic but there's at least one bug a game (usually forced by someone who knows what they're doing) that ruins the experience (e.g. an opposition player crashing into you, both of you then stopping dead, then running like a maniac for the ball and crashing and stopping dead again, only for the referee to do nothing - not exactly realistic).

The last game I played on FIFA, the guy must have known about a 30-yard-shot bug, because he would just put the ball onto the strikers foot and then WHACK it - he wasn't trying, he wasn't playing a decent game of football, he was just getting 30 yards out, and then whacking it, hoping the keeper would fall over. Not fun.

The last game I played on PES it was a good, tight passing game. Not without it's fault; there seemed to be NO midfield sometimes, four players running to the goal like there's an attack going on before you've barely touched the ball. The worst thing though (this is what made me stop playing and go back to FIFA), EVERY TIME I was through on goal (over TWENTY TIMES in the previous match - I swear on my mother's life), I would literally press the shoot button for as short a time AS POSSIBLE (just a tiny little light tap), and the shot would go MILES over the bar - how are you supposed to win?

But even so, that's one problem (seeing as I'm presuming you could fix the attacking problem via tactics) as opposed to FIFA's collision problem and FIFA's goalkeeper problems (both missing the ball when they could just stand still, and too many spills leading to goals).

Still, I can't see myself regularly playing either game, unfortunately. I still find PES boring, and online it seems like you only get a cheat or an incredible player who you suspect is a cheat. And FIFA, while I prefer this, is a waste of time online because there's more cheats than in any previous game I've played, who are all out to exploit the flaws rather than play football.

But worse, the single-player experience in both isn't good enough; I would rather lick a pensioner's head than play the Master League EVER again, you can only play mates on FIFA in friendles and the career mode uses "points" rather than money, as well as having ridiculous "facility" stats just so that you have something to spend your "points" on.

I'm losing patience with both games, now. I think this is a year for Battlefield 2142 and Splinter Cell\Rainbow Six.

Bored of FIFA already. PES6 has me going back to it. Bought it (again) pre-owned for £20. Happy with this after more plays, having a storming league campaign with Real Madrid.

FIFA is on ebay - it's not worth keeping it.

El Diego said:
Bored of FIFA already. PES6 has me going back to it. Bought it (again) pre-owned for £20. Happy with this after more plays, having a storming league campaign with Real Madrid.

FIFA is on ebay - it's not worth keeping it.

I can't help but say, you've changed your opinion so many times....:-)

mathewsss said:
I can't help but say, you've changed your opinion so many times....:-)

I totally agree mate! :)

But I have given both long, in-depth plays now and I keep going back to PES6. FIFA is great at first, but then all the annoying glithes become apparent when playing 'manager mode'. It's a shame because FIFA 07 has the structure to be an excellent title.

Both games are only fit to play online, unfortunately (unless you can put up with playing the "master league" - personally I would rather eat my own underpants than play in the master league ever ever again).

I disagree Jack. I am having an awesome time playing La Liga with Real Madrid on 'Top Player' mode. Had a STORMING match against Barcelona two nights ago. Really loving this game now, it's coming to life (like all PES games in the past, playing them and getting used to them is the key).

FIFA is already gathering dust. Poop game.

FIFA is crap! I rented the game last night and it is not worth a penny in my humble opinion. EA should have kept the current Gen engine and implemented it to the 360 version. Instead, they tampered with it and screwed everything up. Way to go EA!!! The game feels slugish and unresponsive at times..especially when switching players. The collision is crap just as IGN stated in their review. The shooting is not to my liking and the gameplay feels very Fifaish as all other past year's versions..The only thing that feels somewhat right in this game is the ball. Other than that, the game stinks and all WE versions shit all over it.

Peace!

Last edited:
i have been playing pro evo since the dawn of time and it has always always pissed all over fifa... BUt i have bought both xbox and pc versions of pro evo this year and feel that i have been taking for a fool.. The 360 version is a shambles with the well dodge control system and pathetic shooting etc etc etc.. It feels like a good version of this is football to me and i am soooo upset about this...As for the pc version well dont even get me started... Dont get me wrong the game on the pc is cracking but WTF is going on with the servers FFS... Also hate the way you open a room for a 1v1 and 3 other people join and dont leave lol.. then if you dont click on ready to play first you lose the host.. Its complete fucking madness... Konami better sort it out next year or i will not be wasting my money on such drivel again... As for fifa well it looks pretty and i must admit i am sitting here with my pes 360 style in my hand seriously thinking about trading it in for fifa.. But i will hold that thought for now.. But only because Call of Duty 3 is out next week so i will trade pro evo in then... :(

I just went to game with fifa(360)

They said they would give me £5 for it.

I asked if they were taking the piss...

...You'd give me that much for fifa???

Regarding your sig Jack,

Do you seriously think PES 7 will not be an improvement on PES 6 on the 360?

Yes it is obvious that PES6 was rushed for the 360, but ofcourse they will spend a lot of time changing things for the next version. I mean it will be on both PS3 and the 360 and by then Konami will have gotten a lot more used to developing on next gen consoles.

If however you are right and the features present on the current gen versions are not there I will gladly boycott any PES games until they start to change.

@ butters,

well they have been doing it since pes4 (as pes3 was a "new" engine or atleast very different from the previous game, imo) So they need to make a new nextgen engine otherwise its will be more of the same but then for pes7 they will, like they have on currentgen, say things like NEW master league, NEW edit functions and such bullshit. i hope they really do make a brand new ML like pondtrout has said, they need to!

PES or fifa 07?

Well current gen wise it's hands down fifa 07. I have not played PES6 yet on 360 though and won't until january so i don't care until then pretty mucvh will be occupied with fifa until then anyway and once i get bored with fifa i';ll have pes6 to pop in here.

jflores said:
FIFA is crap! I rented the game last night and it is not worth a penny in my humble opinion. EA should have kept the current Gen engine and implemented it to the 360 version. Instead, they tampered with it and screwed everything up. Way to go EA!!! The game feels slugish and unresponsive at times..especially when switching players. The collision is crap just as IGN stated in their review. The shooting is not to my liking and the gameplay feels very Fifaish as all other past year's versions..The only thing that feels somewhat right in this game is the ball. Other than that, the game stinks and all WE versions shit all over it.

Peace!

360 is tops in my book except for it's collisions very bad

My 2 cents on both PES6 and FIFA07. Both have annoying Flaws but both have good strong points. I wont go on about PES's lack of editing as this has got old and boring now!

PES6 for example still has the same issues that other PES's have including Slow Defenders catching fast strikers and pulling them back and fouling them and getting away with it which has been around since the old ISS games (mostly on the hardest level!) Also weak players being able to out-muscle strong players e.g. Rooney and win the ball straight off of them.... Players go all stiff and robotic at the worst possible times and the CPU benefits usually by scoring a goal. CPU controls your defenders stupidly and Ive even have the CPU slide one of my defenders stupidly and giving away a Penalty in the International Cup Final!!! Other than those gripes and the annoying Manual passing system of Right Stick direction plus Click its ok.

now FIFA07. Players go stiff and dont move when you play passes to them and sometimes react in a stupid way when a ball comes in their direction E.G they let the ball bounce off of them instead of controlling the damn ball! Freekicks are erratic at times one min the perfect shot next a piss poor awful attempt. It doesnt feel as rewarding to score a goal as it does on PES, The commentary seems to change tone at the wrong moments and is late (like old PSX games). Players bouncing off each other? WTF is with that?

Other than that good game. I think both PES and FIFA are almost as good as each other and im pleased I bought both.

DJ

tiktiktiktik said:
@ butters,

well they have been doing it since pes4 (as pes3 was a "new" engine or atleast very different from the previous game, imo) So they need to make a new nextgen engine otherwise its will be more of the same but then for pes7 they will, like they have on currentgen, say things like NEW master league, NEW edit functions and such bullshit. i hope they really do make a brand new ML like pondtrout has said, they need to!

Point taken about the master league. TBH I really only play multiplayer, I tried master league on PES 5 and got sick of winning 1-0 or drawing 1-1 and sometimes losing 2-1 in every match I played. Would prefer to see a simulate match option too. In regard to editing I am not really into that stuff, it takes me too long and the results are usually poor so I usually stay away from it. But yes I suppose it would be nice if Konami tried to rebuild their engine for the next gen consoles but only if they have a clear guide on what they want to improve on from the current gen version.

Well, that's it for me....
in the end WE10 has the better gameplay and more fun when
scoring goals. I'm talking about PS2 WE10....

I tried, but FIFA does'nt do it for me....I play mostly
offline and after almost a month now, it just does not cut
it next to WE.....
FIFA is about 80% there, they have everything except the
basic element of football,....the thrill of scoring goals,
1-2s, great passing moves, headers, all of which are there
in WE-10.

i sugguest that whoever made up this topic should switch on his 360, play one or two seasons in pes6 master league on the highest level and if you know how real football is played, you will see that actually there's no competition at all.

i'm sick and tired of all those nike-cristiano ronaldo-blue mercurial vapor-boot-fans complaining about the lack of editing shoes and hairstyles and the fact that raul's testicle size isn't accurate.

it's the same procedure as every year when pes comes out: it's different to the last version (this time surely due to nextgen) and you need a few weeks of playing to adapt to that new style. but after that the reward is great combinations and beautiful football that makes you happy having bought the game in the end.
and as always, some people play 3 or 4 games, can't cope with the new controls, see that some things (that we had in pes5/that they expected to be in) are missing and switch to fifa.

man those people deserve to play a game like fifa.

for me pes is still by far the best footie game around and fifa is still everything else (aka presentation, menues, graphics...)
-> but people like me who still enjoy a good game of tetris now or then know that it's everything about gameplay in the end ;)

btw, another thing i detest is being called a "pes fanboy" on a pes fanforum (!) just because i don't agree to the moaning and whining in here. that makes no sense

:)

lol.

I dont see, after playing pes and WE for years, how people can say the next gen fifa isnt like real football.

I played pes6 on the 360 and laughed. Its nothing like "real" football. Im not saying FIFA is, but in my opinion, it feels, looks and plays for more like the real game than PES ever has.

yep. pro on 360 has ZERO fluidity. pass turn pass turn pass stop shoot. spill shoot goal. rinse repeat. very robotic.

thats not true pes6 on xbox360 plays well for me & i am really enjoyng this version playing against cpu,& for the first time sins pes3, feels that cpu dosn't cheat in order to scoore like it did on pes4&5 which forced me to stop playng the ML in the last two versions. i have to addmit i didn't like it much at first, but like with every pes more u play it more u like it, for me the gameplay its much better then pes5 overall which i am happy with, ofcourse its not a true next-gen football game yet & we all can see that, its clearly a rashed game on 360, but what do u aspect from they first attempt on the next-gen & it will only get better & better like it did on ps2.

about fifa on 360 its a good game if u play it for les then a week, after that u ll see someny things wrong with the game it will get repititiv & boring like every fifa did for me, & i still haven't learn my lessen yet, as i still keep buying them hoping to see improvments, but no ea is ea, they are good only advartising they game thats what they good at. like julien said & i agree, the ball physic feels and moves great but thats it, for me compared to the pc version the fifa07 its worst in xbox360version in terms of gameplay but thats my opinion

I'm really glad I decided to stick with WE10, the more I play it there is so much fun and variety in the goals...and the most important....satisfaction and pleasure when scoring goals...
something which I could not get in FIFA

Back
Top Bottom