PES6 Vs FIFA07

T

trudgiano

Without even playing the game first, I went out and bought PES6 for my 360 because 4 and 5 were quality games and I thought god this just has to be better than fifa. This was despite me being highly impressed by the demo of FIFA07.

Oh my how I was wrong, PES6 on the 360 is a con. The shoddy AI hasn't been fixed, the animations are still wooden and the graphics are shameful for a next gen title. Whereas FIFA07 on the 360 marks a significant improvement over last gen football games, PES is stuck in the past. The gameplay is slow and disjointed with the ai players seemingly ignorant of what is going on around them.The fluid gameplay and superior passing in FIFA07 are a far bigger draw than anything in PES6.

It's not all bad though, at least Rangers are included in PES which is one of the main reasons i chose it over FIFA. Alas this is not enough to redeem a game that is no further along than PES4 and I shall be trading it in for FIFA as soon as I go back into town.

I just hope PES7 takes the series to the next level.

trudgiano said:
Without even playing the game first, I went out and bought PES6 for my 360 because 4 and 5 were quality games and I thought god this just has to be better than fifa. This was despite me being highly impressed by the demo of FIFA07.

Oh my how I was wrong, PES6 on the 360 is a con. The shoddy AI hasn't been fixed, the animations are still wooden and the graphics are shameful for a next gen title. Whereas FIFA07 on the 360 marks a significant improvement over last gen football games, PES is stuck in the past. The gameplay is slow and disjointed with the ai players seemingly ignorant of what is going on around them.The fluid gameplay and superior passing in FIFA07 are a far bigger draw than anything in PES6.

It's not all bad though, at least Rangers are included in PES which is one of the main reasons i chose it over FIFA. Alas this is not enough to redeem a game that is no further along than PES4 and I shall be trading it in for FIFA as soon as I go back into town.

I just hope PES7 takes the series to the next level.
man i have heard people say the exact opposite of what your saying...

To be honest, FIFA is alot better this year, so much so that I wouldn't laugh at someone for owning it anymore. That said, it's still no PES, at work yesterday we sold a good 20 copies of 360 PES6 compared to a single FIFA07 on 360.

Just played PES6 on XBOX360 in my local GAME store and i have to say i am not impressed. The gameplay is slow compared to WE10 on the PS2 and the graphics are poor. Fifa on the XBOX is a great improvement to previous releases. Waiting to play the XBOX360 Fifa. I feel Fifa has taken several steps forward this year whereas PES has had little improvement.

It's true FIFA has progressed more, but it was so much worse in the first place that it's still behind PES.

PES on 360 is a waste of money, it's more expensive and inferior, definately go with PS2 PES over any other football game.

I really like the Xbox360 version of PES6 cause it got nice graphics (compared with ps2 version), better AI and superior gameplay... it's just a beautiful game to look at and to play (I own both ps2 and 360 versions, and only play the 360 one).

Next-gen FIFA07 is a major improvement over the past FIFA games!! but, like some of you said, FIFA was soooo behind PES that even with this new engine, they are still behind PES6... but not much!

The engine of Xbox360 version of FIFA07 really surprised me, it looks superb and has good gameplay (specially with the pass-assistance off, making free passes), but still lacks the fluidity and A.I. of PES6.

One advice: get the next-gen versions of both, like I did.
Cheers!

Aye, I'm really liking PES6 on the 360. Plays a very realistic game of football. I'm surprised at how different it is to PES5 though - feels like a completely different game. Ok, the graphics aren't amazing - but they are a big improvement over PES5 on the PS2. The AI is much, much tougher too - they aren't a pushover anymore! I'm struggling to win by more than one or two goals each match.

nSkuL said:
I really like the Xbox360 version of PES6 cause it got nice graphics (compared with ps2 version), better AI and superior gameplay... it's just a beautiful game to look at and to play (I own both ps2 and 360 versions, and only play the 360 one).

Next-gen FIFA07 is a major improvement over the past FIFA games!! but, like some of you said, FIFA was soooo behind PES that even with this new engine, they are still behind PES6... but not much!

The engine of Xbox360 version of FIFA07 really surprised me, it looks superb and has good gameplay (specially with the pass-assistance off, making free passes), but still lacks the fluidity and A.I. of PES6.

One advice: get the next-gen versions of both, like I did.
Cheers!
Nail on the head mate!!
Good year for footy games on all consoles.

i'm playing pro evo now on the 360 and although its smooth as HELL its missing so much. i mean so many little things that i would have loved like edit mode and man of the match etc.

great gameplay still. takes getting used to. you can pull together amazing pass moves and my crossing is getting better :)

worth the cash imo. especially as i get 1/3 off :D

You like what you like and no amount of reviews or "it does this crap but this brilliantly" can tell you how you'll feel about it.

I've been a member here for years, I've never really even THOUGHT about the possibility of PES not being the best football game out there, but my personal view is that this year's is a shambles, and that FIFA 07 is the first truly "next-gen" football game with the massive amount of control that it gives you (even with half the content ripped out).

But I know people who feel that PES6 is an improvement and that's all that they want. So nobody can tell you and no game can ever win the "PES vs FIFA" fight. It all depends on how you percieve it.

go to training and smack the ball in the net in pro evo 360. jesus the nets are SICK!

i was really impressed with fifa demo, but still bought PES6. TBH im pretty happy with PES actually, theres a LOT that they couldve done to this years game.

the animations i think are amazing on PES and i'll probably stick with it. The kit editor i actually dont miss as much as i thought i would, without it i've realized, except for the premiership, the game is practically fully liscenced anyway.

gameklip said:
go to training and smack the ball in the net in pro evo 360. jesus the nets are SICK!

oh and oh god, tell me about it, how beautiful is it seeing it go in. in addition to this beauty are:

ball landing on top of the net
smacking the bar/post

Jack Bauer said:
You like what you like and no amount of reviews or "it does this crap but this brilliantly" can tell you how you'll feel about it.

I've been a member here for years, I've never really even THOUGHT about the possibility of PES not being the best football game out there, but my personal view is that this year's is a shambles, and that FIFA 07 is the first truly "next-gen" football game with the massive amount of control that it gives you (even with half the content ripped out).

But I know people who feel that PES6 is an improvement and that's all that they want. So nobody can tell you and no game can ever win the "PES vs FIFA" fight. It all depends on how you percieve it.

I'm with you Jack, I think it's an abhorration, and a smerch on the reputation of Seabass.

It's the PSP release, with HD graphics. It's not finished, it's buggy (given offside despite being behind the ball, players passing without moving their feet, and the flick screen for a throw in).

I really hope Seabass is as pissed off as some of us that the marketing people went over his head and told the MS people that they would have one out for Xmas - it's surely the only reason he let this go out with his name on it......

that said, i'll still play it.....

I am going with FIFA 07 for the 360 this year, I will not wait until January when konami is finally going to release the already dated World Soccer Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 (Why does Konami call association football soccer?) In the United States

I may get it only if it is an improvement over the crappy PES6 (Talking about PC and Ps2 version) and has updated transfers

by the way why doesn't Konami add the MLS, since they had the license back in 1998-2001

I have to admit after playing it all night Pro Evo is still a class above.

yeah at first it felt weird especially with the controller but after playing WE10 for months and months, this is deffo a slight step up, especially AI which i noticed has gone up a notch.

Although only a dissapointing 8 stadiums, they look fab, the rain looks great too. And online i had a lot of fun, its a cracking game.

Dissapointments are, no editing features, no mix kit selection, and no selection of kit in league mode(why?) and no shop.

But its deffo a top game, as fifa will be too.

PES6, feels new in some ways, still to stiff and CPU assisted in others and still has the usual bullshit when it comes to deflections going convienantly back to the CPU players all the time! fucking thing! Other than that not bad at all I still stand by what I say, FIFA 07 IS better than PES6 as it flows nicer, you can play your own passes and no longer does it feel 100% CPU assisted and scripted. Plus the new ball physics work well in my opinion.

DJ

I hate saying this, I REALLY REALLY, hate saying this, but I prefer FIFA 07 (360). I've literally just got off playing Fifa for the first time, before looking at the control's properly etc, and it played an excellent game. For me it's got the perfect game speed. PES 6 360 is just a little slow to be honest. The more I've played it, the more it gets frustratingly apparent that you won't leave a trail of fire behind you even with the quickest players.

Now I'm basing this on a few dozen games on Pro Evo and one match on FIFA. FIFA I did find on occasion something happened I didn't want to happen, but it is in my first game while I'm getting used to the control's. I was going to come on and really complain hard about the awful player changing on FIFA, and how it didn't work, until I relaised they've switched the player change button to left trigger, rather than the pass button as has always been on EA. Some have complained about FIFA's passing and Shooting, but I didn't see any problem's with it. It's a feels like your doing it not the computer, and you can nicely control the weight on your passes with the analogue button's. I've not yet looked up any of the deeper moves like skill moves, 1-2's etc but I'm assuming FIFA has at least put some depth into those things and given us a wealth of moves.

Whether this has the depth of PES remains to be seen. Lastability has always been a failing with FIFA, but the presentation, the options, the extras, make this the next gen footy game I'll be playing mostly. It's got all the bells and whistles missing from other next gen footy games so far. Graphically it's glorious to look at, completely pummelling the pretty nice Evo. Licenses etc also add to this. It's great to have the PremierLeague, and my Villa boys, at my disposal.

This is a sad day for me. I didn't think EA could do it, but it's possible they have. I hate myself for liking FIFA more.

Ive gone for fifa this year, havent even been bothered to give pes 360 a go as its a demo/50% complete game imo. And am enjoying fifa alot, it has some faults as does pes, but generally i feel like i am playing a footie match in a nextgen enviroment. And i cant really ask for more atm, when comparing it to other nextgen efforts. Passing and shooting, tempo and tactics feel like i am controlling them, and that it effects the game. Something ive lost along the way with pes, maybe ive just gotton too good after years of playing it non stop combined with little or no development other then gameplay.

I might get pes when it goes cheap just to give it a go when/if i get bored of fifa. Atm though its looking like it will be a long wait till i reach that moment as mastering the game (passing and shooting) is gonna take me awhile, which feels great.

I played the demo of Fifa onn 360 and thought it was 'ok' wasn't that impressed, got pro evo on wednesday, plays really well and everything but its just doesn't feel 'right'. all the way down to the stadiums and no editing just feels like a demo...

...anyway, went into currys today and saw they had fifa 07 running so thought I'd have a go and OH MY GOD! it's improved so much, it was running on a HD tv and just looked and played fantastic, it just made me want to buyt it....so i did!been playing it for the last 2 hours, I think I may give pro evo a miss this year, as much as I dont really want to because I've been playing them since day one and its a bit weird owning fifa but as far as fun goes and the whole experience, EA have got it right because pro evo just feels like a cheap attempt

supertom said:
I hate saying this, I REALLY REALLY, hate saying this, but I prefer FIFA 07 (360). I've literally just got off playing Fifa for the first time, before looking at the control's properly etc, and it played an excellent game. For me it's got the perfect game speed. PES 6 360 is just a little slow to be honest. The more I've played it, the more it gets frustratingly apparent that you won't leave a trail of fire behind you even with the quickest players.

Now I'm basing this on a few dozen games on Pro Evo and one match on FIFA. FIFA I did find on occasion something happened I didn't want to happen, but it is in my first game while I'm getting used to the control's. I was going to come on and really complain hard about the awful player changing on FIFA, and how it didn't work, until I relaised they've switched the player change button to left trigger, rather than the pass button as has always been on EA. Some have complained about FIFA's passing and Shooting, but I didn't see any problem's with it. It's a feels like your doing it not the computer, and you can nicely control the weight on your passes with the analogue button's. I've not yet looked up any of the deeper moves like skill moves, 1-2's etc but I'm assuming FIFA has at least put some depth into those things and given us a wealth of moves.

Whether this has the depth of PES remains to be seen. Lastability has always been a failing with FIFA, but the presentation, the options, the extras, make this the next gen footy game I'll be playing mostly. It's got all the bells and whistles missing from other next gen footy games so far. Graphically it's glorious to look at, completely pummelling the pretty nice Evo. Licenses etc also add to this. It's great to have the PremierLeague, and my Villa boys, at my disposal.

This is a sad day for me. I didn't think EA could do it, but it's possible they have. I hate myself for liking FIFA more.

It's coming up to the end of the day and my mind is now changing on the basis of one revisit to PES. Truth is, the more I've played FIFA, the more the cracks show. Now this is still a damn good fifa and of course has all the added bonuses of licences etc, but after a near solid day of FIFA playing, I popped Pro Evo back in and was amazed to find my game has improved because it's easier to pull off slick passing moves etc etc. I was struggling in ML adjusting from PS2, but amazingly my first game back, everything felt easier, quicker, slicker and I won 3-0. The intuitive control's and the AI of PES is still of course superior. Similarly when I first revisited PRO for the first time today, I was expecting to see some sluggish, snail paced game, but it felt a good pace. FIFA is slightly faster, but PRO isn't slow. In comparison to PES5 on PS2, yes it's slow, but it's actually just about the right speed.

Realling PES is more challenging, while at the same time being far easier in the controlling sense. It's certainly got more depth in gameplay. It still may lack the ability to have a real frantic multiplayer match as you can on PS2, but it plays a damn good game. FIFA is a good game though and you can also have a real bustling match, Premier League style, however defending, and quick passing is still too wayward, while of course the AI is often lacking in attack. Pro Evo is so nice when you don't have to hold the left trigger if you want an intelligent run from one of your boys.

I've had an amazing change of heart on one game, and it looks as if PES wins the day for me, on footballing reality alone.

Fifa is always good at first, its usually just past the 10 day return period when you go "aww ffs" and put pes back in :)

I might get it anyway... still torn, got much overtime this month anyway... got taxed to buggery tho :(

Wow supertom, that after a day?! And how long till the ML bores the pants off of you as its always the same shit? Fifa has some niggles, but having played it for most of the week (managed to get the game on tuesday) its only getting better and better for me. If i would go back to pes i know the passing would feel slicker, however i also know its because im still adjusting to fifa's analog free control system. Ive had moments today where its clicked for me and have been able to have some truely great passing moments, times when ive thought "this is what ive always wanted to do on pes but the scripting has never let me". They have only been brief moments, but they have happend because of my skill, and the rest of the time they havent happend because of my lack of skill atm. Its not been down to scripting, poor through balls have been because ive not timed it correct, not because the comp just wont let you no matter what you try. Ive been playing pes since it was first released and master 6* without to much hassle, so ive played the game enough to be able to know its not been down to my skill that passes havent been possible, it just wont let me. Fifa on the other hand does let me play the way and passes that i want.

Its quite an eye opener actually, but you really do need to give it a chance. And unless you have the time to relearn a game, a lot of people dont and just want to play some decent footie after work/school for an hour, youll probably stick to pes which is a valid reason.

ripkord said:
how do you do the skill moves leek?

EA said:
Skill moves

In FIFA 07 on XBOX 360, dribbling will enable you to trigger skill moves and beat defending players.

Brutal Stop: [View Quicktime Video] By pressing the RT or RB button without giving any direction with the left stick, the player abruptly stops. This helps keep control of the ball and unbalance the defender by abruptly changing the pace. RT makes the player stop and maintain the direction they were originally travelling. RB makes the player stop automatically face the opponent goal. [View Quicktime Video]

Change Lane: [View Quicktime Video] Release the direction control and turn 90 degree left or right as the player is slowing down. This is best employed when a defending player is approaching the player in possession from directly ahead at pace and with a little bit of space between the two players.

Knock On: [View Quicktime Video] Tapping the right analog stick while dribbling the gamer will be able to knock the ball into space. This move is best used on the Counter Attack or when a defending player is about to tackle to either unbalance the opponent and beat them or draw a foul.

Stop and Go: [View Quicktime Video] Hold the sprint button and release the left stick while dribbling and the player will briefly stop. Move in the original direction again with the left analog stick and the player will perform a Stop and Go as he will move on sprinting again.

Feint: [View Quicktime Video] In the middle of a 45 degree turn, use the right analog stick to flick the ball in another 45 degree direction [View Quicktime Video]. This is difficult to perform but is very effective to dribble past an opponent.

Context Skill Moves: In FIFA 07 on XBOX 360, the fact that the ball is completely independent enables the gamer to perform a myriad of unique and unscripted skill moves based on context (the player attributes, the position of the ball and the gamer input) of any given situation.

For example, the ball could be chipped over the head of the receiving player or he could juggle the ball several times after performing a successful trap. The more you play the more you will be able to see and reproduce those unique and exciting moves.

Click HERE for the original link - you will need to register, log-in and then click the link again (great forums EA)

I played WE10 to death, fantastic game. Few months ago me and my friends set up a league website just for us for when PES 6 for 360 came.We was so excited.

Sadly after playing my mates, the game online is a shambles. Button lag ruins the game, in the end it isnt about who is better at PES its who is better at guessing the lag delay on the buttons. It feels a struggle to play unlike previous PES games where you start a game and it feels amazing each time.

Ive played the FIFA demo and i dont like it so im left with nothing but to either try the PC version (Had PES5 enjoyed) or just go back to WE10....

Is a sad day, i tried my hardest to believe this would be great online and forget about all the missing content.

ripkord said:
Fifa is always good at first, its usually just past the 10 day return period when you go "aww ffs" and put pes back in :)

Usually yes, not this time though, I'm still playing PS2 Fifa07 every night for hours after having it for a few weeks, as a complete package it pisses on PES6 from a great height IMO :)

Back
Top Bottom