PES6/WE10

KJK1LL3R

League 2
1 April 2005
I am one of many people who is disappointed with WE10. Will PES6 basically be the same game? Surely Konami could do something about the hideous defending & the whistle stutter bug. Also it would be better if the made the formation setup back to the way it was in PES5. Is there a possibility that the game could be improved?

KJK1LL3R said:
I am one of many people who is disappointed with WE10. Will PES6 basically be the same game? Surely Konami could do something about the hideous defending & the whistle stutter bug. Also it would be better if the made the formation setup back to the way it was in PES5. Is there a possibility that the game could be improved?

They'll improve it, to what extent though, I don't know. We don't know. They've got plenty of time to work on it as October is still a long, long way. They'll undoubtedly be aware of the flaws. How could they not be? That's their life, so I assume they'll fix it.

I hear that the referees in PES6 are going to improve, and the master league is going to be of a better quality.

and the master league is going to be of a better quality.

eh? it hasnt improved for 3 years, unless offcourse you count a longer development sheet as improvement, seeing as nokami seem to do. Theyr will probabyl speed it up, maybe add a license, remove a team here and there and that will be about it.

Gillisss said:
I hear that the referees in PES6 are going to improve, and the master league is going to be of a better quality.

Source? I'd be shocked if true, Konami clearly have no interest improving the Master League as there's a huge amount they could do if they wanted to :(

Placebo said:
Source? I'd be shocked if true, Konami clearly have no interest improving the Master League as there's a huge amount they could do if they wanted to :(

Placebo, check out his join date. He's basically repeating the WE10 press release info from Jan/Feb, only he's just heard it for PES6.

Nothing new to report at all. ;)

WE10 had nothing new in ML :(

And "fair play" has been removed, kicking the ball out when injured and giving it back again, why remove that from PES5? Japanese don't believe in fair play?

Last edited:
Placebo said:

I know mate, but its just the usual "official" Konami stance on "new" and "improved" features. You know what that usually entails... :roll:

I blame the people that still believe it rather then the press monkeys in Konami that continually feed it out to be honest.

I personally think that the people who complain about the defending in WE10 just don't know how to defend properly. I very rarely concede goals, either against human players, or against the computer on six stars. I actually think WE10 is the best version of the game I have ever played, and I've been playing it since the original ISS on the Snes.

Placebo said:

And "fair play" has been removed, kicking the ball out when injured and giving it back again, why remove that from PES5? Japanese don't believe in fair play?

yeh I remember seabass saying that hes happy with the format and won't change it to upset the balance? wtf:lmao:

just give people choices. How on earth can anyone be happy with 16 team leagues and a 'Champions League' format with 3 teams from the same division in every group, including teams like Aston Villa.:shock:

c'mon guy's give the konami developer's some creadit thay are challengeing the most established Football game Which Is Fifa From Electronic Arts And thay are doing a good job so far but every body wan'ts a perfect game includeing me butt thair is no perfection only god is perfect so we ask for a good Game as close as it can get to perfection
And each year i get impressed by the gameplay of pes and winning eleven i think it changed alot since 2004 unlike fifa which has the same crapp since 2004 i think konami should do some adjustment's in some areas yes but we don't need to be harch on them

and also thay are japanise so if you wan't some thing from a japanise you have to ask nice. lol

It really doesn't take longer than 10minutes to sort out a proper ML structure. No excuse. Might mean there is more testing, but meh.

I have moaned about the master league etc on the game for years. I will not start moaning again until the Ps3 version comes out. If this has the same number of teams and master league set up, then I will be pissed off!

I just don't understand why they can't just use the leagues and competition systems in place. they have no excuses on PS3 because the new Blue ray discs seem to hold incredibly more information (i'm obviously not into the specs that much, just like playing games!)

But as many say the gameplay is most important and it is a fantastic game. So we will just be happy with what we have got now.

If SWOS could do it on a pair of floppy discs, then well, that puts it into perspective. They might have a pathetic excuse for PES6, but failure yet again for the Next Gen versions of the game will be criminal.

Last edited:
Moses said:
I personally think that the people who complain about the defending in WE10 just don't know how to defend properly. I very rarely concede goals, either against human players, or against the computer on six stars. I actually think WE10 is the best version of the game I have ever played, and I've been playing it since the original ISS on the Snes.
I respect your opinion & to feel that way you must be either very lucky or very skilled at WE10, but I think your view is shared by a minority of people. Anybody can recognise that the defending is a shambles! It even mentions it in official reviews! I really hope the staff of Konami actually read forums like this & realise the poor mistakes which they have made! I doubt they do look at these sites though because Konami always try to fix something that wasn't broken & then they dont really improve areas that need improvement. I honestly can understand how a world well-known recognised company like Konami can release the low quality game that is WE10. Surely they must have playtested the game before release! I can only hope that PES6 will have very little in common with WE10. I am worried for the future of PES/WE series because Konami have taken this new "more goals more fun" attitude & they have neglected everything that was good about the old defensive side of the game. I am worried that they may not develop this gameplay engine & instead they may just slightly tweak it but I fear that this "more goals more fun attitude" may continue into the future series of PES/WE!

KJK1LL3R said:
Anybody can recognise that the defending is a shambles!

But it's not. The defending is now more a skill than ever as it actually requires you to organise most of it yourself and not rely on the :square: button to save your ass all the time.
The people in this forum that have played me online at some point will know I'm a decent defender as are a lot of them, we've played the game for years and we know whats effective. I played a mini league with two of my mates last weekend (as we do quite often) and we're all very decent WE players, been playing the series since the SNES days. I was up against Holland and Portugal and I went for my S.American team of choice Uruguay. After the four matches were played (against the two of them, home and away) I had not only won every match I played, but I only conceded 1 goal throughout. Now if you're trying to tell me the defence in this game is too hard for you to master then thats quite alright, but to make a statement about the defending being a "shambles" and extremely flawed just shows you either aren't that good at the game or you've just not put the time into learning how to defend effectively.

KJK1LL3R said:
...they have neglected everything that was good about the old defensive side of the game...

No they haven't, not at all. In fact the opposite is true, they've taken what was the best part about defending and made effective defending rely on that moreso than ever. Anyone that ever took the time to learn how to defend properly (and well) in the last few installments has no real problem adapting to having to do most of the work now, as we're used to it already. It's the people who actually want to score lots of goals without worrying about defending who are now (funnily) complaining about how Konami have sold out and only want lots of goals being scored.

The fact people moaned so much about WE9/PES5 being too defensive is why WE10 is the way it is, so Konami do listen, but unfortunately mostly to the idiot majority that moan loudly about what they think is wrong with the game and not the people that can see the actual issues which must be addressed.

Rant over. :D

aye i agree with Dar here, after recieving beatings due to a mates custom players back in ISS Pro Evolution Soccer on the PSX who could not be touched by an X button tackle i had to change my way of defending....

everytime i was skipped or the player just didn't animate right (which happens when you charge in with X, sometimes they simply miss or don't animate in time)...everytime this happened i was going on saying defending in ISS games was done wrong.

But as was proved to myself and the other chaps after i took a step back, started trying to play more like a defender does in RL, holding position, forcing players outside and cutting off the passing options rather than just aiming to win the ball all the time, things changed...you start to see when it's time to challenge for the ball, learn when its time to use the X button or simply nip in using the D-pad alone to steal the ball away...alternatively you see when its going to be one of those games where pressing isnt going to work on certain players and you have to cut off their options and force them into a mistake rather than going for a challenge which you'll mistime and will leave you stranded...

Previous versions of this, a good defender was rock solid...would clatter an opponent, and provided they knew who the PES defending worked could kill off an opponent who preferred to take the ball on rather than passing moves....now an attacker actually has more freedom to at least try to take on a defender, especially if they are trying a few turns using the R1 stop and R2 dribbling to force someone to commit.

Dar said:
But it's not. The defending is now more a skill than ever as it actually requires you to organise most of it yourself and not rely on the :square: button to save your ass all the time.
The people in this forum that have played me online at some point will know I'm a decent defender as are a lot of them, we've played the game for years and we know whats effective. I played a mini league with two of my mates last weekend (as we do quite often) and we're all very decent WE players, been playing the series since the SNES days. I was up against Holland and Portugal and I went for my S.American team of choice Uruguay. After the four matches were played (against the two of them, home and away) I had not only won every match I played, but I only conceded 1 goal throughout. Now if you're trying to tell me the defence in this game is too hard for you to master then thats quite alright, but to make a statement about the defending being a "shambles" and extremely flawed just shows you either aren't that good at the game or you've just not put the time into learning how to defend effectively.

No they haven't, not at all. In fact the opposite is true, they've taken what was the best part about defending and made effective defending rely on that moreso than ever. Anyone that ever took the time to learn how to defend properly (and well) in the last few installments has no real problem adapting to having to do most of the work now, as we're used to it already. It's the people who actually want to score lots of goals without worrying about defending who are now (funnily) complaining about how Konami have sold out and only want lots of goals being scored.

The fact people moaned so much about WE9/PES5 being too defensive is why WE10 is the way it is, so Konami do listen, but unfortunately mostly to the idiot majority that moan loudly about what they think is wrong with the game and not the people that can see the actual issues which must be addressed.

Rant over. :D
For a start mate I am also a veteran of the game & I know that I have always been a good defender in all PES/WE games until now! I rarely ever conceded in PES games & I took pride in keeping clean sheets! I am not one of those people who loved to score goals in PES games as you mentioned above, in fact I loved being so good at defending & keeping clean sheets because I knew all I needed was a goal & I had the ability to see out the rest of the game! I even normally created defensive formations & just used them all the time!I have never ever just held the :square: or :x: buttons to defend in PES/WE games as I instead prefer to back off the attacking player & wait for the right moment to knick the ball or else I get my player in the way of possible passing spaces or shooting spaces! I kow what I am talking about I this game makes it near impossible to defend because you cannot keep track of all the players in your defence. Maybe I didnt make this clear, I am good at defending & I know that I have a good techniqe but the problem is the A.I defender in my team who seem to be all over the place & not marking players or watchin runs, etc. It is the defensive A.I that I am complaining about! Dar you cannot honestly tell me that you are so good that you can control all your A.I players at once? In my opinion the defensive side of the game shud have been kept as it was in PES5!

I'm not claiming to be so good at all, however I've not found any real major problems as you seem to. I dont find the defending to be all that bad, it's more of a challenge and you cant rely on formations and pre match setup as much, but I never did that to begin with anyway.

I dont mean to be a prick, (and I'm going to sound like one) you say you're a veteran but you go and make topics about how to defend and how to take an effective corner? :confused:

Of course learning is never finished and the first step to failure is thinking you know it all, but for a "veteran" some of your topics and posts beggar belief. Didn't mean to be a total prick so I apologise, but there is no major flaw in the WE10 defending, the people that are complaining about such are just approaching it wrongly.

I did play an International Challenge last week at 5*.
It is true, you can defend by cutting off passing-possibillties and I did succesfully to a degree (I choosed Korea and only lost in the final against Brazil). I think you should experiment with the defensive and attacking arrows to keep the defense well organized. You should put you D-line at B, to make sure there will be no gaps between defense and midfield. I ususally play with the central defenders with attacking arrows backwards and the full backs with those arrows forward and backwards. In front of the defense I have a DMF (arrows diagonally left and right back) and a CMF (arrow forward and backward). This way my defense is always well organized. In the International Challenge I got only 3 goals against me, two of them in the final against Brazil.
Sometimes the CPU tries to juggle a player through the defense, but after dribbling past one defender, there is always back up :)
So, yes, You can defend properly if you use a good formation.
Of course, letting a strong attacker one on one against a mediocre defender is asking for trouble, but that is also the case in real life football ;)

Last edited:
Dar said:
I'm not claiming to be so good at all, however I've not found any real major problems as you seem to. I dont find the defending to be all that bad, it's more of a challenge and you cant rely on formations and pre match setup as much, but I never did that to begin with anyway.

I dont mean to be a prick, (and I'm going to sound like one) you say you're a veteran but you go and make topics about how to defend and how to take an effective corner? :confused:

Of course learning is never finished and the first step to failure is thinking you know it all, but for a "veteran" some of your topics and posts beggar belief. Didn't mean to be a total prick so I apologise, but there is no major flaw in the WE10 defending, the people that are complaining about such are just approaching it wrongly.

Ok maybe "veteran" was the wrong choice of wording but what I meant to say is that I am certainly not new to PES/WE games & I have played them constantly for years & I consider myself to be fairly high skilled in previous editions! The reason I make those threads is to improve my game! Would that not be obvious? Just because I am good at corners in PES4 & WE9 does not automatically mean I am going to be good at them in WE10! What would be the point of these forums if you couldn't get advice on how to improve your game? Ok mate perhaps you are good at defending in WE10 but I honestly believe that the majority of PEs/WE gamers will feel let down by the defending in WE10! Since you are good at defending, then perhaps you could lend me some advice in my "Defensive Tips" thread in the WE section! Jeerz!

Also just in reply to Han, I mainly play against skilled human opponents so I dont really get too excited about defending well against A.I but I just wanted to say that I do use a defensive formation that is very organized & i think it was the best possible defensive formation in PES5 as I could easily go through 30min matches against good human opponents with many clean sheets or maybe only conceding a goal or two on a very poor performance. I use this same formation in WE10 yet it makes no real difference!

Last edited:
KJK1LL3R said:
Since you are good at defending, then perhaps you could lend me some advice in my "Defensive Tips" thread in the WE section! Jeerz!

I think you'll find I was actually the first person to reply. ;)

I didn't mean it as a personal attack mate, I'm just a bit annoyed with hearing people blame the defending all the time by this stage, you just happened to be the latest. :lol:

Dar said:
I think you'll find I was actually the first person to reply. ;)

I didn't mean it as a personal attack mate, I'm just a bit annoyed with hearing people blame the defending all the time by this stage, you just happened to be the latest. :lol:
No problem mate! I have no beef with you! But I have honestly tried to learn how to defend in this game but I have been unsuccessful! I just really hope that defending goes back to the way it was in PES5! I want my A.I team mates to be smart again! Perhaps I would be less annoyed about the defending if the goalkeepers were actually good! I honestly think that PES5 & WE9 were far more realistic as games were normally consistantly low scoring which is generally what you see in real football! In WE10 there is goals galore & I think it is a very bad attitude for konami to have adopted!

I love this game, the only thing that does me in is the goalies and there lack of ability at making good saves sometimes. I dont find defending a problem at all and when me and my mate do our 2P master league im always saying to him im running people back and usually I dont have too many problems with defending unless the CPU plays a good thru ball to a fast player!

DJ

KJK1LL3R said:
No problem mate! I have no beef with you! But I have honestly tried to learn how to defend in this game but I have been unsuccessful! I just really hope that defending goes back to the way it was in PES5! I want my A.I team mates to be smart again! Perhaps I would be less annoyed about the defending if the goalkeepers were actually good! I honestly think that PES5 & WE9 were far more realistic as games were normally consistantly low scoring which is generally what you see in real football! In WE10 there is goals galore & I think it is a very bad attitude for konami to have adopted!

lo mate if i remember the defensive line settings actually made a difference in a few formations i used, i do remember games where my defence was getting split crazily and all over the place....

if i remember correctly, especially when i play three at the back it was 'the defence always moves in the same direction' caption (i cant check PS2 at my mates tonight), fingers crossed you can suss something you like by playing around, my mates and i are long time players as well and to us we the balance between attack and defence is better than the previous versions.

WE 10 is actually the game i played with the little settings and tactics the most because i remember i had problems with it at first before i had a real good go at getting into the team setups and stuff....maybe theres some tinkering you can do to get it to all come together...good luck and have fun!

Peter Eyres said:
yeh I remember seabass saying that hes happy with the format and won't change it to upset the balance? wtf:lmao:

just give people choices. How on earth can anyone be happy with 16 team leagues and a 'Champions League' format with 3 teams from the same division in every group, including teams like Aston Villa.:shock:

The best thing Konami could do is hand over the whole of the non gameplay side to a European in house team to bring the title into the 21st Century.... Seabass is just concerned with the graphics and gameplay,which lets be honest is just tweaked this way and that, some good some bad.The only thing that the title lacks is in the ML department!!
What the hell is the point in having a fantastic football Sim with a totally made up ML!! :roll:

Hi guys,

my brother works for Konami and he has assured me the following points are the main differences between pes6 and we10

1. Goalkeepers have more animations resulting in more shots being caught by the GK

2. German league has been removed - only Bayern Munich in the game

3. Master League is no different

4. No new licenses.

bazdev said:
Hi guys,

my brother works for Konami and he has assured me the following points are the main differences between pes6 and we10

1. Goalkeepers have more animations resulting in more shots being caught by the GK

2. German league has been removed - only Bayern Munich in the game

3. Master League is no different

4. No new licenses.

What about on-line? Are there differences, like 2 vs 2 or more on different consoles?
Are the graphics on widescreen/HD?

He hasn't mentioned the online section, other than saying that u get more points for good performances rather than just winning.

sorry, he is home in 2 weeks, will get him to give me an in depth changes list.

Back
Top Bottom