PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (Xbox 360)

play.com have it for november 2006 release on 360

Pro Evolution Soccer 6
Release date: Autumn 2006
Platform: PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, PSP, Nintendo DS, PC

Making its next-generation debut, the world's best selling soccer series is back with more teams, new ways to play and even more realistic gameplay. Pro Evolution Soccer 6 lets players go head-to-head with others online or take their favourite team to the top in the expanded Master League and several new modes of play.

It won't be region free. And why bother getting a US 360 when the UK one came out on the same day?

This year no pes for ps3 i think. If you want to play next-gen pes this year, buy a xbox 360. ( I already have one:))

JayM said:
Because he's from the US?

yeah I'm from the other side the side that doesn't apparently care about soccer/football whatver, but bumperman does bumperman wants to have all things soccer/football but he needs to have support

There's actually a pretty big chance it will be region-free. The developers decide!

lets hope becuase as much as i love fifa as this moment i owuld absolutelycream at the idea of winning eleven on my 360...

NickSCFC said:
You'll have to wait for the US version.

PS3 is region free, shoulda waited for that.

the ps3 is no more region free than the xbox360 is

on ps3 the games will be region set if the publisher decides so, just as with xbox360

fatlip180 said:
the ps3 is no more region free than the xbox360 is

on ps3 the games will be region set if the publisher decides so, just as with xbox360

PS3 hardware = Free Zone
Xbox 360 hardware = Zone

PS3 games = Free Zone and pyblishers can add a zone of the game
Xbox 360 games = whit Zone and publisher can delete the zone

totally different

ZONE or not the sucker cost 600 US and then add the extras a few games and your talking stupid money...If you guys wanna spoend money like that go ahead. it really isn't a factor about "ohh you can't afford it" it's amatter of whats practical.

Thomas Goal - Do Sony pay you to suck their corporate cocks or something? I have never witnessed anyone like you in my life - who cares if Sony/Xbox is better? Buy them both!

wether you say they are different or not the outcome is the same, if a publisher doesnt want you to play a game from a different region, then you cant end of/

so therefore when i said the publisher sets what zone the game is played in is correct.

not totally different is it?

Last edited:

I think thats a bit rough, coz in his last post he was only stating facts. There was nothing to do with which console was better, just comments about the region coding.

Imo this forum had loads more Xbox 360 Fanboys than PS3, its clear to see and very irritating.

I own a 360 and definatly plan to keep it, only because PES will be on the machine first. It will be a port of the xbox/ps2 versions, but an amazing looking port :) I hope though that they do manage to put the PES Managment game in there somewhere. Would be great to have that depth in the Master League.

Adonis said:
I think thats a bit rough, coz in his last post he was only stating facts. There was nothing to do with which console was better, just comments about the region coding.

Imo this forum had loads more Xbox 360 Fanboys than PS3, its clear to see and very irritating.

v v true...I don't think there was anything malicious about TG's comments. People really need to calm down round here.

This whole concept of fanboys is ridiculous imo. It shouldn't be about the console, but about the games. Myself, like TG and many others, had high aspirations about the PS3. I've got a 360 cos I was given it - and had actually planned to sell it to buy the PS3 (this was all before E3). But after seeing that Sony now gives f*** all about the regular consumer ($600+ is shitloads for a student Sony!...and where are the games?!), I've been forced onto the 360 and now been a lil bit more open minded about it. I actually quite like it now and glad with the choice to keep it.

These game companies have tried to con us before with the 3D0...if people really cared about the industry, they will boycott Sony's $600 hyped up crap to show that we won't be taken for a ride. We can't allow for this trend to continue with future consoles/games

Rant end...now lets get back on topic. Konami still haven't confirmed about the original XBox version right? or have they?

Last edited:

Just a couple of questions here guys,I'm seriously considering getting an xbox 360 next month.

i)can I just buy the core system,then add any hard drive(standard maxtor 80 or 120 gb,for example)?

ii)how much will it cost me for online gaming(per month)?

I am already online with my ps2 but i'm a little fed up with the hassle ps2's seem to give me(dodgy lasers etc).No ps3 for me,for that reason alone.

Much appreciated guys,thought this would be the best place to ask.

the way i look at is sony is just a powerful brand name, and the xbox 360 in my opinion is just as good as...the fact sony will charge a hell of a lot more money is because they can...simple as that chaps....and people will still buy it because it's sony

danhammer said:
the way i look at is sony is just a powerful brand name, and the xbox 360 in my opinion is just as good as...the fact sony will charge a hell of a lot more money is because they can...simple as that chaps....and people will still buy it because it's sony

true sony globally have the elctronic department on lock. You a decent tv go to sony want a decent camera go to sony want a decent console pick up a ps2 want a dvd player go to sony. they have products that last and have good value.

BumperMan said:
true sony globally have the elctronic department on lock. You a decent tv go to sony want a decent camera go to sony want a decent console pick up a ps2 want a dvd player go to sony. they have products that last and have good value.

Not necessarily. I dunno much about TVs and DVD players, but for a decent camera (apart from 1-2 from their range) you do not go with Sony. Apparently their TVs aren't top notch anymore. They aren't head of the portable music scene anymore (they got a bit too greedy with their DRM'd music players - also check out the root kit fiasco).

rockykabir said:
Not necessarily. I dunno much about TVs and DVD players, but for a decent camera (apart from 1-2 from their range) you do not go with Sony. Apparently their TVs aren't top notch anymore. They aren't head of the portable music scene anymore (they got a bit too greedy with their DRM'd music players - also check out the root kit fiasco).

sonys tv and dvd players are awful, ever since they set up as sony uk and not sony japan (where the good stuff is made)

No longer reliable, they shafted the uk to save money, making tvs etc cheaper nd therefore not as good.

from what ive heard the portable stuff and camcorders and other general expensive items are still the main sonys baby. Thank god.

THe problem with sony is that they are too hasty in introducing a new media into the wild, wether its good or not, and just ram it down every1s throat with advertising until they believe its actually good. Like the minidisc and atrac3 format and UMD on psp (worst idea ever!), and now blu-ray.

Then obviously you have SCEE who are continuing the sony motto and screwing us over with the ps3.

End of the day, you get what yu pay for. Unless of course its a games console!

Last edited:

Well a lot of you are off the mark with whats making Sony money right now.

No. 1 item? LCD HDTV's. The Bravia range is the best selling TV for a long while. In their recent financial reports everyone (including myself) was surprised when Sony recorded a profit, and it was down to their TV department.

And btw imo the TV is actual quality too. Many awards etc and very well spoken of in the electrical world.

due to production being taken away from fujitsu???

i agree the new bravias are pretty good.

trust me as soon as sony pass lcd tv production to sony uk, they will drop in quality and price fast.

jambotommy said:
Just a couple of questions here guys,I'm seriously considering getting an xbox 360 next month.

i)can I just buy the core system,then add any hard drive(standard maxtor 80 or 120 gb,for example)?

ii)how much will it cost me for online gaming(per month)?

I am already online with my ps2 but i'm a little fed up with the hassle ps2's seem to give me(dodgy lasers etc).No ps3 for me,for that reason alone.

Much appreciated guys,thought this would be the best place to ask.

i) no, you have to buy MS own 360 harddisk. I bought the premium, because you'll need the hd to play PES5 (MS installs a emulator on it I think..) and the Premium package ended up cheaper with the hd, component cabel and wireless pad..

ii) I'm paying app. 50NOK witch is about 5£ or 8$ a month..

And some thoughts about PES6 and xbox360 PS3..

Developers are saying there are, at least for now, easier to make game for 360 than the PS3, and the graphics will be almost the same on the 2 consoles. For a game as PES, witch for the box is a ported PS game, one would think that it would be a better game on it's original console. But i'll guess we've have to wait and see.. I won't be buying PS3 unless there are BIG differences between the two versions.. For now I'm happy with my xbox360, and I also like the MediaConnect option, witch allows me to watch pictures on my pc and also stream music..

I can't wait to get my hands on the PES6, and hoping it's not a pimped up WE10 version, but then again I'll buy it just the same. I just love this game...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom