pes6 xbox360 all shirts tucked in?

smurf1020

Rooneys mentor
2 August 2003
Its been bugging me that something didnt look quite right with the kits, too tight i thought, then i looked as some ps2 screens. The models look very similar just better rendered, and then i noticed that from the convention, i havent seen any untucked shirts ect, with this the kits would look better. am i wrong? have i missed these screens? maybe thats gonna be sorted with the final 25% of the game

I dont know.. Untucked shirts would mean they have to add movement to the shirts, and for some reason they dont seem to wanna do that.

I noticed this too. It's a feature that they brought in late into the development for current gen consoles and it could mean to implement it and do it justice on next-gen would require us to wait for it again.

Either that or we just haven't seen it yet. ;)

they should think also about the players tape round the ancles. difrent sizes, colours and positions!!!

why cant they use the same physics has 2k sports games has nba 2k6. i expect physics and graphics like that on the 360 version of pro evo. from all the screen shots i have seen it looks utter rubbish. just an HD version of ps2 graphics. seriously konami if your gunna bring out a game of this quality to a next gen you might as well dont bother!

i see games like gears of war, TDU, smackdown vs raw etc coming out on the 360 and then is ee this? This is an insult and a lame attempted on a next gen console. i know graphics are not everything but come on make an effort and use the bloody power behind the 360!

jonneymendoza said:
why cant they use the same physics has 2k sports games has nba 2k6. i expect physics and graphics like that on the 360 version of pro evo. from all the screen shots i have seen it looks utter rubbish. just an HD version of ps2 graphics. seriously konami if your gunna bring out a game of this quality to a next gen you might as well dont bother!

i see games like gears of war, TDU, smackdown vs raw etc coming out on the 360 and then is ee this? This is an insult and a lame attempted on a next gen console. i know graphics are not everything but come on make an effort and use the bloody power behind the 360!

Are you 6yrs old?

psimonius said:
Are you 6yrs old?

WTF? Man is totally right. They should use all the power of next-gen consoles. Why not? Or would you rather get the same game, just in HD?

Look, consoles are now capable of calculating some pretty complex fisics. Both, MS and Sony have licenced software for this purpouse (Havok, Ageia...), so why not use it?
I know that I want to see real kit movement, 'rag-doll' style collision detection etc. soon, and not in 3-4 years.

exactly i am being serious here. i dont wanta HD version of pro evo. i want a next gen version of pro evo...

psimonius are you a retard?

i thought the topic was "pes6 xbox360 all shirts tucked in?"
Everybodys talking about the same shit (next gen , no next gen thing) on all evo-web pes6 360 related threads... it´s getting really old...

Doubla R said:
I dont know.. Untucked shirts would mean they have to add movement to the shirts, and for some reason they dont seem to wanna do that.

Un-tucked shirts would mean pre-calculated (vertex pre - positioned / baked vertex) morph target animation OR a cloth simulator (usually lo-res and varying degrees of quality / accuracy for a console).

Both of which, even with next gen hardware used up to 22 characters on screen is a no-go at the early stage of the game development cycle of the console. Maybe near the end.

My first post - I have been a quite observer up till now, but being an animator on the games industry I just could not let this one slide... :)

Looks like Gragra beat me to it.

Jonney and Richer - Please save your 'WTF?!' and 'retard' comments for someone that knows shit all about computer games development. Perhaps for eachother it would seem. I only called Jonney a 6yr old because lets face it, he may as well be with the knowledge he clearly has on what it takes to make a game. The ignorance exhibited was mind-blowing.

Yes the 360 is next-gen but as Gragra explained, for something that could be quite processor-intensive as cloth physics, to introduce it at such an early stage could do more harm then good. I would rather have shirts tucked in then have them flowly freely at 5fps.

I think people see games where you mainly have a single character on screen and expect the level of detail that character has to translate into the 25 characters seen in in a game of PES. It just doesn't happen like that. Konami need time to optimise and develop on next-gen hardware and there will hopefully be a time when they've cracked it. We may be in a situation where we'll simply have to settle for PS2-style untucked shirts.

but look at the nba games. yes it has only half the size of a 22 man team but still that runs well. diddnt you know that the 360 has 3 cores. why not use one core stricly for animation than? i may not know all the technical stuff but that does not make me a 6 year old. not even the average 40 year old knows stuff like that so dont take a piss as if I should know all these technical stuff!!

thats not the only thing that makes this a none next gen, the graphics IMO are just HD ps2 graphics! the technology is their and has been for nearly a year now so why dont konami use it? what will their next excuse be next when they dont implement such standard technology on a next gen game?

jonneymendoza said:
but look at the nba games. yes it has only half the size of a 22 man team but still that runs well. diddnt you know that the 360 has 3 cores. why not use one core stricly for animation than? i may not know all the technical stuff but that does not make me a 6 year old. not even the average 40 year old knows stuff like that so dont take a piss as if I should know all these technical stuff!!

thats not the only thing that makes this a none next gen, the graphics IMO are just HD ps2 graphics! the technology is their and has been for nearly a year now so why dont konami use it? what will their next excuse be next when they dont implement such standard technology on a next gen game?

I apologise for the 6yr old comment. It was a bit OTT, and you're right about 40yrs old too. :lol:

It takes time to get to grips with new hardware. I doubt that there are many games on the 360 that have fully used 2 cores yet, let alone 3.

I think you have to realise that EA probably have a development team twice the size of Konami's. It's just the way these companies work sometimes. FIFA is the result of a big corperation chasing $$$ and PES is the love-child of a single man. They both have different priorities.

Konami's main priority is to translate the gameplay that the fans love and develop it so that a) they improve the game in terms of simulation and b) they don't lose the fans they've already gained. It's quite a hard balance and to do it justice, they sometimes have to put things like graphics on the back burner.

If you look at PES's style, its very understated and leans towards a subtle realism. This is in stark contrast to FIFA's big bold brash shiny players and shinier kits. If Konami really wanted to, they could easily revamp the entire series and go all out in every department. It would be such a large transition that it would undoubtedly lose the series a lot of fans simply because its a whole lot of change. Even if it improved the game, it would make a lot of people question Konami and I would gaurentee some would compare them to EA and the FIFA franchise.

Yes we want PES to be the veritable eye candy on next-gen consoles, but you just have to be patient. If it'll happen, it'll happen soon.

Yeh, I did think of when the ps2 first came out and how the graphics in the games had improved over time with the developers having longer with the hardware ect. Its hard to judge anything realy until we get to play the game in person with hd infront of your eyes ect. Im just looking forward to a hd pes with widescreen lol, aslong as the gameplay isnt worse than the other versions then ill be chuffed to bits. Although, I do love all the small details such as untucked shirts and stuff, well have to wait and see, hurry up October lol

Im sure it will have untucked shirts.

the version at Leipzig wasnt even beta. It was very early, so expect the best bits to be shown towards the end of this month when magazines get their hands on the final product.

psimonius said:
Looks like Gragra beat me to it.

Jonney and Richer - Please save your 'WTF?!' and 'retard' comments for someone that knows shit all about computer games development. Perhaps for eachother it would seem. I only called Jonney a 6yr old because lets face it, he may as well be with the knowledge he clearly has on what it takes to make a game. The ignorance exhibited was mind-blowing.

Yes the 360 is next-gen but as Gragra explained, for something that could be quite processor-intensive as cloth physics, to introduce it at such an early stage could do more harm then good. I would rather have shirts tucked in then have them flowly freely at 5fps.

I think people see games where you mainly have a single character on screen and expect the level of detail that character has to translate into the 25 characters seen in in a game of PES. It just doesn't happen like that. Konami need time to optimise and develop on next-gen hardware and there will hopefully be a time when they've cracked it. We may be in a situation where we'll simply have to settle for PS2-style untucked shirts.

So what about Fifa? It has great graphics... your theory has gone down the drain.
Maybe not untucked shirts, but BETTER GRAPHICS were possible, alot better than the shit i've seen.
And i'm not 6 years old, i'm just stating a fact.
Look at Fifa07 and look at Pes6.

I've seen Fifa07 and believe me, the graphics aren't all that. I don't think having a generic body with a scanned on face of Wayne Rooney accounts for good graphics. At least with Konami, they actually construct the faces of the players so that whilst they may not be spitting images of the player, they are realistic and natural looking likenesses of the intended players.

I don't care if Fifa has better graphics anyway. Maybe EA should spend less time on making the game shiny and more time making it playable.

I have a real worry that a lot of guys on here are expecting way too much from the first next-gen version of Pro Evo and are thus gonna be slating it when they buy their copies.
We gotta remember what the jump was like from PS1 to PS2, it wasn't that significant at first. But as the seried developed on the PS2 and Konami came to grips with what the PS2 was really capable of by the time we got to Pro Evo 3, we had a far more developed game than what we originally saw. Graphics took a huge jump, gameplay features was vastly expanded, it was essentially a brand new all improved game.

My point basically is, give Konami some time with its next-gen versions of Pro Evo, we might need to wait until versions 8 or 9 before we see what Konami can really do with the 360/PS3. But I do know that the wait will be well worth it.

So if jerseys are tucked or un-tucked in this version, who cares!!
Just enjoy the widescreen and HD (if you lucky enough to have one), slick graphics, new animations, new game modes, more licensed teams, better gameplay and XboxLive experience.

psimonius said:
I've seen Fifa07 and believe me, the graphics aren't all that. I don't think having a generic body with a scanned on face of Wayne Rooney accounts for good graphics. At least with Konami, they actually construct the faces of the players so that whilst they may not be spitting images of the player, they are realistic and natural looking likenesses of the intended players.

I don't care if Fifa has better graphics anyway. Maybe EA should spend less time on making the game shiny and more time making it playable.

And maybe Konami should spend more time making the game visually enjoying than releasing the same game for 3 years in a row with some minor tweaks in gameplay.
Minor tweaks that i don't mind, cause the game is already very good.
But thats one more reason to focus on the graphics this time.

well ifits gunna take them that long to sort out the graphics than i wont buy the 360 version till i see a NEXT GEN footy game.. its still a pathetic excuse comparing their past history of converting pes from the current gen to a new gen and all this techno crap aboout animations and calculated bull.

when i see other sports games like nba, NFL and tennis getting some sort of next gen flavour in it, i dont see why konami cant do the same as well. i'l stick to the PC version of this game as it looks just as good as the 360 plus you can MOD it too

Back
Top Bottom