PESfan no longer doing memory updates

Deacon Brown

League 2
9 August 2003
Beckenham Kent
Tottenham Hotspurs
I went over to PESfan yesterday to see if they had released version 3 of there memory card update.

But to my horra they are no longer doing it becuase its meant to be braking Premire league copyrights law or something.

Is this true?

Last edited:
They've been contacted by the English FA to put them down, as far as I know. So I think it's just about the Prem rights. Not sure, though.

I supppose it was only a matter of time since this years kit editor was so advance that Man United's kit was near identical to the real thing. I still don't understand how they can interfear though since everything that was done on that option file was done in game, it would have been different if it was a patch, then i'd say fair do's.

It doesn't bode well for future version's of PES then since the editor will porbably now get scaled back because of pressure from F.A. and Fifa and even EA.

Its stupid

We should be able to create what ever kits we want.

Its not like we are selling them to make anymoney.

Infact you if they do scale it back, some people might charge for you to have them.

Stringer Bell said:
lol nice one Kezz.

Is it possible that Evo-Web might get contacted by FA or any football firms?

Since they were hosting their files themselves, I'd say that we're on the safe side. We don't host any potentially risky files on our Evo-Web servers.

Money grabbing slags. Suppose if Konami have got wind of this they may think of obtaining the licenses in time for the next gen console versions (heres hoping anyway ](*,))

How stupid. Essentially, they're saying the game is illegal then, if it can all be achieved in-game.
Hey FA, if you want to save money, don't pay Sven £4M a year, or whatever ridiculous obscene amount it is. Cocknoses :lol:

So if someone creates a patch for the game like a Premiership patch for PES5, its illegal to release that?

This is the biggest pile of shite I have ever heard in my entire life, is the EPL going to come round everyone's house who has changed the option file of the game and make you delete it? FFS get a feckin grip you morons, it's an option file to allow people to enjoy the game a little more, to make it more homely. Big boy bully tactics that is all it is, tis not as if people where selling it over there, all they will do it force the files 'underground', they'll turn up again. Maybe it's time they sat down and said right lads, we may as well sell are licence.

This is more gay than Julian Clary.

If they take out the editing option or scale it down it will detract a little from the game but at the end of the day it's all about the gameplay.

As has been said already money grabbing slags.

Holio said:
This is the biggest pile of shite I have ever heard in my entire life, is the EPL going to come round everyone's house who has changed the option file of the game and make you delete it? FFS get a feckin grip you morons, it's an option file to allow people to enjoy the game a little more, to make it more homely. Big boy bully tactics that is all it is, tis not as if people where selling it over there, all they will do it force the files 'underground', they'll turn up again. Maybe it's time they sat down and said right lads, we may as well sell are licence.

:lol:

Carl, every post I've seen from you over the last couple of days has been outraged. Everything alright? ;)

Dar said:
Carl, every post I've seen from you over the last couple of days has been outraged. Everything alright? ;)

I think its the Westwood influence, rap makes people angry ;)

:lol:
on topic- Apparantly Admins on there said they were not 100% certain and will do some reserch on some removed sections to be sure if they were copyright law breakers or not. ;)

The Boss (on pesan) said:
Due to copyright issues with the FA Premier League all option files and downloads have been removed for the time being. Please do not post links to any option files or any copyrighted material.

Please do not post any requests for any option files or discuss any option files on this site(pesfan). Anyone requesting option files will be banned.

Several sections of the site have been removed that contained copyrighted material. Once these have been checked and ensured to be copyright free they will be put back.
........... so there may still be hope :)

Last edited:
Screw PESFan and stick with us, the one site you know that would even survive Armageddon :)

tell the FA to go **** a tree.

carry on doing the updates and release them on torrent sites or something, all this does is drive everyone underground and from their the revolution can arise!!! charge!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Its sad but pathetic! just because Konami give us lotsa editing possibilities to re-create one of the best leagues in the world. what they FA should do is NOT allow FIFA to have an exclusive license to the FA Premier League stuff. Then this wouldnt have to be an issue. I dont beleive in all this Exclusive Bullshit.

DJ

:lol: @ Cwright :mrgreen:

Anyways I said this over there as well and I'll say it here.

If this game didn't NEEd so much editing like all that unlicensed crap, totally inaccurate database and all that rest of stuff that devoted editors put time and effort into to make game actually realistic, we wouldn't HAVE to do this and could just play the game out of the box and enjoy it like we do now without spending a whole month fixing their crap.

But no, it has to be this way and if that wasn't alone now they're trying to find obstacles to keep us even from fixing these damn errors and having enjoyable game and sharing it freely with each other.

I mean it's not like someone's making money out of this though I suppose we wouldnt have to and they can still find something legally wrong with it :roll:

Eeven if Konami put real licenses and everything will still be editing the game.

I go into a face or a kit thread where people are making a AC Milan kit, when they are already licensed...or people making Shevchenkos face when his already got his real face instead of making a face for a important player who hasn't got his real face in the game.

And you can't forget the NEED FOR SPEED / MIDNIGHT CLUB 3: DUB EDITION style patchers who flipping patch the game until it feels like your playing another game lol.

Also people will also like to create new teams too. So there will be a bit less editing work...but it'll still be used often enough.

Last edited:
Yep that's true. People will make licensed kits BECAUSE Konami ones aren't so perfect same or they can do a better job than them , same with some existing faces.

But to a lesser degree you're right no matter how good Konami do a kit, kitmakers will still some might make it again just for fun but what I am saying is IF they had done their job correctly, there'd be LESS need for editing so we wouldn't be so reliant on these forums/option files/community. We'd be less because we're not THAT Badly in need of everything accurate since everything almost would've been but right now it's far from it lol which is why we need places like evo-web/PES-fan to gather and do great work with each other.

Stringer Bell said:
And you can't forget the NEED FOR SPEED / MIDNIGHT CLUB 3: DUB EDITION style patchers who flipping patch the game until it feels like your playing another game lol.

Tell me more....

Or even better, a link? :D

lol i'm talking about does patchers who just remove all the background stuff that Konami put on the game and put their own without thinking of the end user.

I personaly think is weird that someone made a patch with a C. Cole background lol...i mean if your gonna DUB (:p ) PES5's background at least put a worthy footballer init like David Beckham/Gerrad lol.

But seems like nobody wants to create a basic patch out there.

Not all though SB.

Fishcake's patch didn't change music nor backgrounds so it's very simple and nice in that way that everyone likes it because it is original PES5 menus/backgrounds yet it added what a patch should have like kits/chants and etc.

Back
Top Bottom