PESM (hands on Revieuw+pics}Pro Evolution Soccer Management

Junka

i hail from ISS time
9 November 2004
Holland
ROSSONERI
Got the game today,im not big into manager games...this is even my first football manager game, realy wanted to check this one out cus it has a nice and big PES database.The game iso is 4,35 GB (4.675.796.992 bytes) ofcourse of the database,normal pes5/we9 is like 2gb or less.Down side is ofcourse NOTHING is changed from pes5 like latest transfers or player new faces,or kitts.U can load ur PES5 option file for player names and team/club stadium names wich i did.

The intro is more like WE8:LE and some other footage are added with the managers/trainers on the side screamin and stuff.Al coaches have fake names(sux) ofcourse u can change to real names(like i did on the pic. with rijkaard).

I started the game with the team Ajax cus u wil begin with a limted amouth of money u have to hire coach,and al staff members and a hot blond assisant:).Ofcourse u can alsow choose the looks of how u look ass a manager like face look,old and young bla bla bla and skin colour,what suit u wean, hair style and so on(look at the pic i have created mine)

If this game would be on PSP and i alsow had a PSP :) it would be the ultimate expierance for me,cus u could play al the time and everywhere.But sitting behind ur ps2 is a different story for a manager game wich asks for a lot of patients.

Anyway im gonna explore this game more.
pls dont PM me about how i got the game on other questions,u need to ask me something u know where to find me at IRC :)

IMAGE0001.BMP

IMAGE0002.BMP

IMAGE0003.BMP

IMAGE0004.BMP

IMAGE0005.BMP

IMAGE0006.BMP

IMAGE0007.BMP

IMAGE0008.BMP

IMAGE0009.BMP

IMAGE0010.BMP

IMAGE0011.BMP

IMAGE0012.BMP

IMAGE0013.BMP

IMAGE0014.BMP

IMAGE0015.BMP

IMAGE0016.BMP

IMAGE0017.BMP

IMAGE0018.BMP

IMAGE0019.BMP

IMAGE0020.BMP

IMAGE0021.BMP

IMAGE0022.BMP

IMAGE0023.BMP

IMAGE0024.BMP

IMAGE0025.BMP

IMAGE0026.BMP

IMAGE0027.BMP

IMAGE0028.BMP

IMAGE0029.BMP

IMAGE0030.BMP

IMAGE0031.BMP

Last edited:
ZholvaX said:
Wow! It have a very good firts view, do yo have a PM.

'Anyway im gonna explore this game more.
pls dont PM me about how i got the game on other questions,u need to ask me something u know where to find me at IRC
'

im sorry m8 but i dont do PM i already said that:):( but as u see u can find me at IRC for more help

irc.efnet.net
channel #winning11

I got this game today too. I'm sitting now and writing in all the real names for the managers and fixed 90% of the flags and logos for fake clubs. Fixed stadium names, player names and club names. The one thing that sucks is that you cant load your pes5 kits into pesm. you have to do everything yourself in the edit mode which is exactly like pes5.

all the stuff they have done like off the pitch is cool. it brings pes to a whole new level, but actually you should have been able to play the games yourself cos when I play and see how shitty the team plays I get pissed and want to play myself so every time it ends up with I turn it off and put pes5 in instead.

You are absolutely right, no one wants to sit down in front of a TV and watch a cpu vs cpu PESM game when you can play PES5 instead. It was a good effort from Konami but I doubt the game will have any success at all. It won't even be fun on PSP cos you wanna play PES5 then aswell ;) and besides, FM 2006 is up for PSP in april.

When I now see how crap the database is, I don't really feel like it. They actually have done SOME january transfers. For example Agger is on Liverpool and DJ Campbell is on Birmingham. Why not just do the rest?

And Konami is really pissing me off now. The fucking PES4 edit mode crap is back. Actually it IS the pes4 edit mode. There is NO free transfer option and if you transfer Bentley from Arsenal to Blackburn, he is still on Arsenal in edit mode. It's impossible to make good looking kits with the crap pes4 editor. You can barely edit anything anyway. Only player name, basic setting, position and appearence.

IF someone make a GREAT pc editor for this game, i MIGHT give it a try
The in-game editor is useless. I guess everyone remember how crap the pes4 editor was (yes its the same)

All you can convert from PES5 is player names, stadium names and club names. WOHOOO! GREAT JOB KONAMI

It feels like going backwards 3 years. SUCK MY LEFT NUT

Last edited:
embraceuk1 said:
If you live in Europe Get LMA
Us in America don't have any management Sims and Lma etc don't have Hz options.

I've got LMA Manager 2006. It's not exactly great that either.
And besides, manager games aren't really great for consoles. That's why CM01/02 and FM2006 is the only useful manager games atm

omimiga said:
Wasn't this game supposed to have a connection with PES5? You could manage in this and play with PES5

Connection? not like that. it said it was compatible with PES5. The only thing you can do is transfer player, club and stadium names from PES5 into PESM.

Rammstone said:
And besides, manager games aren't really great for consoles. That's why CM01/02 and FM2006 is the only useful manager games atm

Agreed but thats why LMA is the best on consoles has all the leagues and teams not just the master league teams.

hi mate just saw your post cheers for that but where did u order the game from ive looked and cant find it any where i no its notout till 30th here but can i get a pirate of it?

cheers

How did you people get the game so soon?
Maybe there are just a few options bcuz this game could be beta, as we have already seen betas from PES4 and PES5 so wouldn´t be surprising.
Could it be?

sry i cant talk about how i got the game on this board.
The structure is not like ML is totaly different and huge compared to ML.
Im so pissed that its not possible to edit lots of stuff and play al matches ur self, or els this could be a real kick ass game for me.

As the Winning Eleven version of the game is based on WE8, maybe that's a reason why the editor is similar to that game's. I am really disappointed cuz I thought they would bring PES5 editor.

About being able to play the game.....hey man...that's a MANAGEMENT GAME. Nothing else to say.

Yeah, that's what management is all about. Watching how your team plays through the season and adjust your tactics during the game.

Anywayz, i got this game myself and had a look at it. It's not that bad at all. I'm not big into Manager games, they all look the same and boring to me. This game however has a lot more presentation IMO. The TV highlights specials, press conferences and stuff are cool additions to the game. And you can have meetings with your players and talk about how they feel and what their condition is (though the options on what to say and how they respond are limited).

The engine is based on PES 4, you can tell on the way how the AFS is compiled. The kits for example are not decrypted and every bin file has a name. The database options are also like PES 4 (as said before) That's the downside as you can't import your transfers from PES 5 and no players can be set to Free.

Now, if Konami is smart, they take the presentation aspects and some key features of PES Management and add this to the Master League of PES. that would be the ultimate Master League if you had that.

Yah Riggs if they can add those stuff into ML that would be awsome.
Im playing Erendivisie now with Ajax,its great to see on the tv show they talk about how some players are growing and getting better.And they alsow talk about other players how they are doing....example they just talk about saying Samaras of heerenveen is gonna be the suprise of the season bla bla:) its pretty kool.
And if there is a big game coming they alsow make tvshows about it and intervieuw u on tv...like my next game is against Feyenoord,they make a whole previeuw show of it like its a big derby game Ajax-PSV:)
I tryed to edit some stuff in ggs but its no use,tryed some player faces for we9 and pes5 some worked fine,the ones that not work there faces look horrable wrong:)

Last edited:
Could you imagine this alongside WE or PES game play.... It would be awesome... On its own it will struggle.. though the manager games on consoles suck anyway so it may sell. But up against the comp on the PC front it will bomb.
But i would love that depth on WE or PES.
As Umberto ask's do they have full league and cup systems or are they still fobbing people off with the two crap leagues from ML infamy. Oh just to have a currency in the game be it dollars, yen or pounds would be a start!! Come on Konami it's 2006 not 86'!!!!

Nick Cave said:
Could you imagine this alongside WE or PES game play.... It would be awesome... On its own it will struggle.. though the manager games on consoles suck anyway so it may sell. But up against the comp on the PC front it will bomb.
But i would love that depth on WE or PES.
As Umberto ask's do they have full league and cup systems or are they still fobbing people off with the two crap leagues from ML infamy. Oh just to have a currency in the game be it dollars, yen or pounds would be a start!! Come on Konami it's 2006 not 86'!!!!

so there are the full league or not?? i don't understand so good english

thx
byee

As I said in the other PESM thread...

It is a fantastic game which I'd rather play than any other console management game, big-time. Makes LMA look like a pile of crap in my humble opinion, even with the lack of teams. The only thing is, I only really play management games to take a lower-league team (usually my real-life team Tranmere) up through the leagues, so I won't be playing it very often, which is a shame.

As embrace says (and has said for a long time, as have I), if they incorporated the management features from this into PES/WE, then it would be absolutely fantastic and add incredible depth. But as two seperate games, it's a bit poor. Even if they just added the simple things into the next PES/WE, such as player prices being in £'s rather than in credits, it would be a start. More teams has to be the biggest agenda though, but I don't think that's on Seabass's agenda.

Plus, if Konami are just after money EA-style, like everyone seems to think now, the two games will never be included in one, or else they would be selling one £40 game instead of two, which is obviously half the profit.

Excellent game overall, but not close enough to Football Manager's depth to tear me away from it.

Back
Top Bottom