• 17+

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 premiership goal for Crouch this season.....and counting

he rounded the keeper btw8)

_42018102_crouch416.jpg

71720163.jpg

when I saw it today I smiled and remember coming here.

Now check the picture and see how this boy moves in gracious tech ability :D. But he surely scores!*

* what says a lot about many english defences, another problem in the PL, noticeable when english teams face (and get spanked by) inferior or poorer teams that are able to exploit such defensive handicaps (specially the portuguese teams, we have some sort of ability to bring out the worst handicaps in both clubs and national teams from upthere :))

Peter Eyres said:
yes, all hail crouch.\\:o/ ]

for such a ridiculous stiker with no technique or abillity, rounding the keeper must be difficult.

It depends. You are talking about defenders and keepers from the EPL. :)
When I remember a total flop like Rudolph Douala had Middlesborough and Newcastle defensive for breakfast in the UEFA Cup 2 years ago I hang on, I breathe and I put things into perspective in understanding how a guy like Peter Crouch can round any professional paid player in the english PL :).

Don Domenico said:
Aren't you overrating 'rounding the keeper' a bit. That isn't that special.. at all.

it is when Shevchenko or Henry does it. Such glamorous, clinical strikers they are. THAT IS MY POINT.:roll:

He has even admitted it himself, Crouch's rather inconventional image has made him an easy target to ridicule and dismiss. What a person looks like has no relevance to their playing abilities.

The truth is, most people aren't qualified to make a judgement unless they watch a player day in and day out. He is by no means a fantastic player - and he doesn't pretend to be (ok...apart from that ridiculous penalty attempt against T&T!). He works hard for the team, and holds the ball up well - and that is what Rafa and Liverpool want from him. You can only really appreciate this if you watch him closely every game.

Take a look at the stats: in the games he has played, although he hasn't scored in many of them, he has directly (and indirectly) helped others (including those in midfield) to score. This adds another dimension to the team as well as raising the morale overall.

The problem is that most managers don't know how to use Crouch effectively...contrary to belief, he ain't a pure long ball player - consider how many goals he has scored with his feet compared to his head. There was one infuriating game in particular where Sven placed Crouch up his own with the team sending long balls - needless to say, it was ineffective and a lot of criticism wrongfully went to Crouch's way instead of Sven.

Credit should be given to Rafa....effective football is all about variety. Team transfer dealings these days are often about getting the big name players to provide a quick fix solution - and not necessarily about getting the best man for the job. Rafa knows perfectly well that you can't rely on Crouch getting us 30+ goals - hence why he brought other different type strikers such as Bellamy and Kuyt to add to the mix.

Mauras said:
Please don't be stupid.

Of course it's not based on looks, looks only make it even more painful to watch him.

Crouch is phisically inaptive to play quality soccer. There are tall guys with quality soccer on his feet, Crouch is a joke. The only thing he can do (but not as efficient as for example the former monster Jardel would with 2 m high) is heading ocasionaly. What's that?

I' ve seen Crouch play many times and it's a pain to see. I don't mean Crouch shouldn't play professional soccer, I'm just shocked he is able to do that not only in the premier but in a club like liverpool and even.. in the national team!

He lacks, ability, ball control, he doesn't have any special shooting ability.. all he has is... 2 meters of bones and a easely identifiable lack of limbs coordination which shows on his soccer.

Beats me how Liverpool give a chance to a joke like Crouch and dismisses a guy like Baros for example.

Cloud:
my signature only shows that last night I was playing a friendly with liverpool (to try the team) and I beat Chelsy with 2 goals from Crouch which was very funny specially the rating... of course Crouch is better in PES than in realife, that's not the point.
your the fool if you really beleive all of that.... baros?!?!!?!?? the only pass that guy makes is on women!! you really dont know what your talking about, sorry man, crouch is not nearly as bad as you think...

Back
Top Bottom