PFA Awards

kevano22

TDWFYU
2 August 2003
Seen as John Terry has just been voted the PFA player of the year, im just wondering what your views are on this.

I personally dont think he deserves it as much as Carragher, because yes, im a liverpool fan.

However, i believe if john terry didnt have all these superstars in front of him everyweek, he wouldnt be half as over rated as he is.

Also, i see Rooney got young player, againm another debateable decesion.

And finally i see GARY NEVILE has got in the Starting 11.

How he got in there over Jamie Carrgher i will never know. The lad has been solid all season.

The whole award ceremony was very debateable

Well, it's the pro's voting for themselves and they're not the sharpest knives in the draw. They may be earning 100 grand a week (gits), but they still read the tabloids.:D

Well, Im an Arsenal fan, yet I was expecting Frank Lampard to win it, I feel he has been the difference maker on that Chelsea team this year. I totally disagree with Wayne Rooney winning the Young Player of the Year award. I mean, not with the kind of year Cesc Fabregas(17 years young) has had, or even a player like Stewart Downing.
Gary Nevilles inclusion is bogus. There are at least 3 other better right backs in the league. It looks to me like there has been some bias towards English players. Tell me what else has Gary Neville achieved this year aside from his successful butchery of Reyes. How much better has he performed compared to Lauren, or a couple other players.

John Terry deserves it, but i feel Frank Lampard deserved it more, i guess they wanted to give it to a defender this year. John Terry dedicated the award to the whole team.

I'm definitely not a Chelsea fan but it always had to be either Terry or Lampard...
Seeing that it are his fellow players who voted...that says it all...totally deserved...no discussion possible.
Of course Arsenal or Man Utd fans will always argue that one of "their" players should get it...
Congratulations to Terry (boy he will be glad with this...this is the biggest award a player can have...praise from me...from here on, it can only go downhill for him...).

Well its Terry
Young player went to rooney
team of the year looks like this

Henry Johnson
Robben Lamps Gerr SWP
Cole Terry Ferd GNev
Cech

Well done JT but im another one who was expecting Lampard to pick it up, and i thought SWP had the young player in the bag, anybody know when the sports writers do there award?

I don't care much for individual awards/ceremonies, personally, so i'll keep this brief. It was always between Terry and Lampard, imo. I think why Lamps was pipped, was because he came into the frame a little after most pundits had already been tipping Terry for the award. Let's not forget he was banging in headers in Europe and domestically in the first bit of the season, as well as holding a tight line. I don't think he's overrated at all. The guy is superb in both boxes. Add to that his mentality and leadership skills and you've got a solid player most top Italian sides would want. (Future captain of England, as i always say) ;) Well done mate. :applause:

Fabregas didn't even get a mention did he? disgraceful! the boy filled in for Gilberto and Vieira and did a tremendous job, not even getting a nomination is a bit harsh.

as an englishman, john terry shouldnt even be thought of winning it. the mistakes he made throughout euro2004, including the most imporant of all (letting posiga get that header) was an absolute disgrace. not only that, but this year, like some1 posted, he wouldnt have even done half as good without the team in front of him. frank lampard 100% deserves this award. he has been the heart and he has shown himself leading the team. what the hell were they thinking when they voted for terry?

Aint this PFA about the EPL?..so it doesnt matter if Terry conceded 100 goals or score 100 during the Euro 2004, does it?

Also, find me a player who doesnt make mistakes :)

Look at Lampard yesterday, missing from like 6 yards out, see..everyone makes mistakes.

"he wouldnt have even done half as good without the team in front of him"

I suppose the same could be said for any player?..Cech wouldnt be so good if he didnt have a good defence.

So this whole "he wouldnt have even done half as good without the team in front of him" is a load of nonsence, do you think Rooney woulda still did good in Euro 2004 if it wasnt for the other players?..do you think Henry would still be top scorer if it wasnt for the other players?.

kingpug said:
Aint this PFA about the EPL?..so it doesnt matter if Terry conceded 100 goals or score 100 during the Euro 2004, does it?

Also, find me a player who doesnt make mistakes :)

Look at Lampard yesterday, missing from like 6 yards out, see..everyone makes mistakes.

"he wouldnt have even done half as good without the team in front of him"

I suppose the same could be said for any player?..Cech wouldnt be so good if he didnt have a good defence.

So this whole "he wouldnt have even done half as good without the team in front of him" is a load of nonsence, do you think Rooney woulda still did good in Euro 2004 if it wasnt for the other players?..do you think Henry would still be top scorer if it wasnt for the other players?.
yes, euro2004 has nothing to do with it, but he let us down :( ;)

how can u have a player win this award when he thinks he should start for england? for his position there are THREE better defenders that make alot less mistakes...

maybe henry wouldnt do so well without his team, but rooney did well without manure (his everton days).

lampard may miss shots, but he doesnt make mistakes whilst defending.

and this is all coming from a hardcore arsenal fan

actually, as the international stats prove, henry isnt as effective without his arsenal teammates and their style ;)

Doesnt Ferdinand make mistakes?..what about the one vs Arsenal were he threw Ljungberg out the way?..now if that was a ref who could see fruther than 5 feet, he woulda been sent off, leaving his team with 10 men..

I am sure Terry makes mistakes like 99% of human beings. What about his goal vs Barcelona 14 minutes from time?..

"but rooney did well without manure (his everton days)."

What, 9 goals out of 34 matches last season?..according to the premier league site.

"lampard may miss shots, but he doesnt make mistakes whilst defending."

Well, cant imagine that myself. Also, what big mistakes has Terry made?..apart from the one in the Euro's which doesnt mean anything.

Davood you Persian??

Anyways I think Lampard deserves it more than JT. Both have been brilliant but for me Lampard edges it just by a little but because no matter how great JT has been so has Lampard and maybe even slightly better.

He got robbed but i'm sure he doesn't mind. JT is his mate and they'll all celebrate this with a round of games of PES4 at JT's house.

I got a question, well..2

When was the last time a defender won the European player of the year away or the World player of the year award?

What the fuck is Ferdinand doing in the team of the year? He's a fucking disgrace who was banned for half a season.

yeh i agree

ferdinand is too lathargic. every time i see united play, he ALWAYS trys to dribble out, or do a fancy flick, and he puts them in difficult postions a lot. positions such as 3rd place :D

Back
Top Bottom