PGR3 Hot Lap Madness (Week 3?)

ClassicD

Galáctico
11 November 2001
Glasgow
Celtic
Let's see how many folk take this up. Every week we'll set a course and car that you must use, and see who can clock the fastest lap. You can try as many times as you want over the week. We're doing this via 'Playtime/Race Against The Clock' mode so make sure you're connected to Live when you have a go, that way we can easily check each other's progress using the online leaderboards.

Week 1 - London : Her Majesty's Pleasure : TVR Sagaris (D) : Kenny M
Week 2 - Las Vegas : Big Apple Loop : Ariel Atom (A) : ClassicD
Week 3 - : : :

Last edited:
Re: PGR3 Hot Lap Madness (Week 1)

Quality I'll give this a crack later on and for the rest of the week. Great first choice of car :D

Will give this a go sometime this week, I aint holding out much hope tho as there is nobody to help me round the corners

I'm up for this!

Best I can manage so far is 1:06.45

Hopefully I can shave another second or 2 off of that with a bit more practise though

I dunno how that fella got his time in the 01s, I could maybe shave a half-second or so off my best time so far but that guy must have nailed every turn 100%!

I'm thinking he maybe was using manual gears, but not sure, had a go with manual gears myself, but couldnt get the hang of it, so went back to automatic like, think it was a time of 1.04.57 or something, cant remember off the top of my head though.

It was 3 tenths better than mine until I had another go, it's at 1.04 DEAD ON now. :mrgreen:

I managed a 1.06.xx yesterday after several attempts. I can't nail that first bloody corner, the rest I have no problem with but I just can't get the right line for the first corner. I need more practice.

It can be a little tricky and as it's the first corner it ruins your time if you mess up there. The toughest corner on that course for me is the one just past the arches, because you've built up loads of speed on the straight approaching it and there's a nasty kink in the road at the turning point too. I find myself mostly guessing when to turn in there.

i managed to get a time of 1.02.98

Last edited by a moderator:

BOOOOO, Kenny is too good. ;) Here is us lot trying to break 1.04 and Kenny has already broken the 1.03 mark. I managed a 1.04.06 last night, yes 0.06 behind Classic and a whopping 1.08 behind Kenny!!!!! Not sure how many more goes I'll have at it, as it's now starting to get to me and annoy me. ;)

Holio said:
BOOOOO, Kenny is too good. ;) Here is us lot trying to break 1.04 and Kenny has already broken the 1.03 mark. I managed a 1.04.06 last night, yes 0.06 behind Classic and a whopping 1.08 behind Kenny!!!!! Not sure how many more goes I'll have at it, as it's now starting to get to me and annoy me. ;)

i don't actually like racing games and i'm not very good at them. put me in a race and i'll lose or make a mistake all the time.

Youre all cheating and using some sort of racing line and driving skill, you know I just cant compete with that

You aint done to bad Wrighty, down to 1.04.26 like and with Dave busting the 1.04 mark especially with 'in car' view; we're all looking at having another go at this I think ;) Or maybe not

Holio said:
You aint done to bad Wrighty, down to 1.04.26 like and with Dave busting the 1.04 mark especially with 'in car' view; we're all looking at having another go at this I think ;) Or maybe not

Yep I think my time was 1.03.52 :) woohoo! \\:o/ As Carl says that was using the in-car view. I can definately shave a few seconds off that time, not a lot but half a second or so.

Last edited:

I know this ain't finished till Monday at 9am but might be smart to start thinking about what course/car we'll be doing next week, so we can keep the timescale the same every week (Monday 9am till Monday 9am).

Anyone?

P.S. K'nell Kenny.

A shit car and a course with as few bends as possible ;)

ClassicD said:
I know this ain't finished till Monday at 9am but might be smart to start thinking about what course/car we'll be doing next week, so we can keep the timescale the same every week (Monday 9am till Monday 9am).

Anyone?

P.S. K'nell Kenny.

i nearly beat my time just now. i clipped the last corner tho :(

Just raced a few laps. Got down to 1:04.63... Could sense a lot of places where i could do better... I'll try again tomorrow...

Everybody here playing with auto shifting?

Edit: 1:03.84

Last edited:

ClassicD said:

Anyone?

P.S. K'nell Kenny.

We could do it so the fastest person from the pervious Hot Lap chooses the car, and the slowest chooses the track or something?

Just to add a minute bit of competition ;)

ALTOGETHER NOW................... WE ALL HATE KENNY!!!!!!

;)

1.03.05, would have loved to get into the 02s but just cannot get it any lower.

The second-last corner is a total lottery.

Well as the week comes to a close, its time to set the conditions for this week. My suggestion is...

Car: Ariel Atom
Track: Las Vegas, Big Apple Loop
Current World Record: 36:93 secs

If that doesn't suit then someone else have a pop!

Re: PGR3 Hot Lap Madness (Week 2)

Nah that'll do fine, be able to get lots of attempts in too by the look of that time. We'll say Monday 9am again, one day less this week so maybe someone else will suggest a new track/car by the deadline next time!

Well done Kenny btw, great time.

First post updated.

Back
Top Bottom