Play.com PS2 pad convertor opinions

Nah, I've tried it and hate it.

Got to be a PS2 pad - I use the Logitech cordless action controller - much better than the dual shock.

The reason I hate the 360 pad for PES (it's the best pad for everything else) is the trigger buttons are naff for PES and the D-PAD is turd.

I've got the one from GAME and it works perfectly.

It's a tenner like, though, and only has one slot.

Also, does anyone know what other games the controller works for other than PES?!

Also, does anyone know what other games the controller works for other than PES?!
The one from play.com has 2 slots and works fine, although it only works with official playstation pads. it doesn't recognise third party pads.

The one from play.com has 2 slots and works fine, although it only works with official playstation pads. it doesn't recognise third party pads.

It does work with third party pads.

I've got a Logitech Cordless Action pad and it works the same as the offical.

But the PLAY.COM converter is not fine, it improves if you use the XP drivers and not the ones on the CD, but it's still bad.

Might have a look at the GAME one...

Any other opinion appreciated...

IF you wanna use PS2 dual shock pad for PC,no converter can be better than printer port-Uual shock 2 converter. not JSB.
Actually, converters using USB port are almost same in sensitivity and power of vibration. But, this converter uisng printer port(parrelel prot??I don't know exactly)feels like dual shock 2 used for PS2. no lag. powerful vibration. So if you can buy it, new one or second hand one, it is the best choice you can make.

i have the play.com adaptor. It used to work fine on XP, but when i switched to vista, the device is not even recognised. Are there new drivers available?

stay away from the play.com adapter if u want to play well (and win) your pes matches.
responsiveness is lazy and most of the airballs are due to the adapter, not the player.
i recently passed to another (newer) adaptor and i "suddenly" started to win many games.
no more airballs or rubbish plays.

x360 pad is quite good if u play with analogs, not if u play digital (like me). digital part is crappy and, its shifted on the on the left side of the pad, unusual for a ps2pad player. most of the time i got the wrong direction, especially on the diagonal ones.

I had the Play.com convertor thing and it worked really well for me, no lag or anything.
It won't work with Vista though so I had to buy two PC controllers, I got two very good wireless ones though £30 each. Logitech own =] The design of the controller is just right, very similar to PS2.

stay away from the play.com adapter if u want to play well (and win) your pes matches.
responsiveness is lazy and most of the airballs are due to the adapter, not the player.
i recently passed to another (newer) adaptor and i "suddenly" started to win many games.
no more airballs or rubbish plays.

x360 pad is quite good if u play with analogs, not if u play digital (like me). digital part is crappy and, its shifted on the on the left side of the pad, unusual for a ps2pad player. most of the time i got the wrong direction, especially on the diagonal ones.

I have a 2 player one which works fantastic ;)

mind Linking me to a site to buy that, because the Play.com one is really getting on my nerves with the response times

thanks

Don't know if this is any use to anyone but I have the play.com converter and I've found that if I use the drivers for the EMS USB converter then the whole thing is MUCH more responsive. A friend of mine was playing PES with me on my PC (through a 37" tv.. pure sex) and he said it was sluggish compared to the PS2 version. Installing the EMS drivers instead of the proper ones has sorted it right out.

Also - you can use the Vista version of those drivers to use the play.com converter with MS new OS.

Thank me later.

i got the venom one wellzy told me about (its blue)

its the bollocks

The Play.com one doesn't work for Vista 64bit for me either, I have just bought the Rockfire adaptor today and it is being recognized by Vista so should work. I've heard if you use the XP drivers the play.com adaptor might work but as I haven't got the CD anymore I can't check! If anyone could upload the CD (not much on it IIRC) I'd be greatful so I could try.

Reckon I might just go and buy two proper gamepads instead now...

:shock: Really?
I got the same and the button configuration in the menu are all mix-up.
Did you have any problem configuring the buttons?

I use the Super Dual Box Pro by Mayflash.

I was playing both PS2 and PC last night trying to compare. I really didn't notice any lag. You can connect two controllers, but you do have to configure the buttons. Also, the inputs are reversed: 1 is 2, 2 is 1.

Haven't had enough time with it to give a proper review. Anyone else try these?

Also, I use Vista.

The Play.com one doesn't work for Vista 64bit for me either, I have just bought the Rockfire adaptor today and it is being recognized by Vista so should work. I've heard if you use the XP drivers the play.com adaptor might work but as I haven't got the CD anymore I can't check! If anyone could upload the CD (not much on it IIRC) I'd be greatful so I could try.

Reckon I might just go and buy two proper gamepads instead now...
64 bit systems suck, hardly anything is compatible on them.

I've had one of these Play.com convertors for about 4 years now and never had any problems,they work great with the PS2 controller. For £7 you can't go wrong really.

Back
Top Bottom