Play.com PS2 pad convertor opinions

This is the one I have. It's rubbish really.

Soon to be replaced by the Super Joybox which apparently has no issues but only takes once controller. Get one of those. They're only a couple of quid more but should be worth it.

i only was gonna get it cuz i have £5 off ;)

I already have a convertor for 1 pad that works great, i just wanted to play a 2 on 1-2

is the one 'GAME' sell better than the play.com one??..also foxtrot..you wouldnt mind linking me to the 'super joybox' would you please (i googled it but im not sure if its the right one) thankyou

I have this one, works perfect for me - I love it. I like that I can plug 2 pads into it.

However, I don't use the analogue for PES, so I wouldn't know about problems with the sticks.

The only control issue I ever had with it was in PES4, I was a master of chipping on the PS2\XBOX, yet I was crap on the PC..must have been down to the pad?

I have it, it's good. Once you get the calibration right, it's awesome. Analogs work perfectly. :)

My S Joy arrived just after my previous post and I've played one game with it online. It seems a lot more responsive than the play.com converter though it still doesn't feel like the PS2. It's much better though. :)

I have both the play.com adaptor and another one I bought at a store called Clas Ohlson. The Clas Ohlson one is much better, responsiveness is a little bad on the play-adaptor.

got my s joy adaptor today..do i need to install the drivers?? because they come on a floppy..and i thought they were extinct..thanks

It's called a Just In Case Disk. Drivers for Win95-98 which doesn't support the autodevice install procedure for as many device types. Probably.

flats76 said:
got my s joy adaptor today..do i need to install the drivers?? because they come on a floppy..and i thought they were extinct..thanks

No you don't need the drivers. Just plug it in and away you go. I don't have a floppy disk drive either.

I use it, and I do play 2 players on it with no problems. No need fr drivers. Both analougee sticks work.

I bought one from play.com last year or so I think. It works fine, it's good. Problem is that the sensitivity of the analogue sticks appears to be less than on the PS2. I can't guarantee that this is the case - it's just a feeling - but I would suggest if you are going to invest that buying a PC pad might be the best option instead.

The trouble wih the play adapter is that it sometimes drops data and has a slower response time.

i have lost quite afew matches because of he Play adaptor, i only use it because i love the PS2 dua shock.

what's best solution for response time?

tandeh said:
what's best solution for response time?

A proper gamepad for PC.

For example the First Strike Gamepad USB from Speed Link:

sl-6530-sbk_1.jpg

What are you people doing wrong?? The adapter works great, no problems. The problem is with you, not the adapter. New computer or windows version?

CDagnall said:
What are you people doing wrong?? The adapter works great, no problems. The problem is with you, not the adapter. New computer or windows version?

Nobody is saying it doesn't work. It's just there is a small delay with it. I only noticed it clearly when playing the DDR games at first. But when I got a better adaptor I could feel the difference. It's slight, but annoys some people.

I want to retract my comments about the PLAY.COM converter...

It's turd, especially on PES6.

What is the current best converter going?

GONNA GET IT.

Back
Top Bottom