PlayerUnknown's Battleground

Do you get the option to play in 1080 on the Xbox One X?
I mean, you could restrict your output to 1080p in the system settings, but if it's CPU problems I'm not sure if that'd make a massive difference - good thought though, I might try that tonight.

I mean, you could restrict your output to 1080p in the system settings, but if it's CPU problems I'm not sure if that'd make a massive difference - good thought though, I might try that tonight.

The only reason I thought it, is because I play the game in 1080p on a 4K monitor.

So playing the Xbox One X version in 1080p should make the game much more playable.

Chris - Did you manage to switch the resolution to 1080?
I didn't, totally forgot - had a few great games last night with Jay (who finished 9th at one point) but totally forgot to give this a go.

The aiming should have made me remember - with the frame skipping that occurs, it can be an absolute nightmare to hit anything.

I'll try tonight if I remember!

Just thought it would be worth a try.

Lower the resolution to 1080p instead of 4K, then the game should get a massive difference FPS wise.

The X should be more than capable of running the game in 1080p, but I think it might take a while before it gets a decent framerate, the PC version took months before the FPS and graphical glitching became acceptable.

Changed the resolution to 1080p, turned off video capture. It's the same. 1080p is rendering at 4K and downscaling, and the DVR thing is placebo.

New Desert Map - video:-
(Shouldn't of recorded my first video on 1st play on it - 2nd go I killed 3 people and was a bit more fun)

What gfx card do you have?

I think they have improved the graphics recently as we approach v 1.0

I have a 1070, so nothing very special.

I am not sure if the graphics have improved, but the framerate and stability has improved massively.

Patch being rolled out for Xbox now, with performance improvements promised (though they sound minor).

I must confess, running like shit or otherwise, it's the most fun I've had in a multiplayer game since the old Rainbow Six (e.g. Vegas) games.

Patch being rolled out for Xbox now, with performance improvements promised (though they sound minor).

I must confess, running like shit or otherwise, it's the most fun I've had in a multiplayer game since the old Rainbow Six (e.g. Vegas) games.

It will get better - I promise.

The PC version ran like complete shit when it first came out and you would enter buildings but the game wouldn't draw the textures so you were then lost in an empty shell.

The performance has massively improved on PC, when it started I used to play on LOW/MEDIUM settings @1080p and had shitty framerates - I can now play in 1440 in ULTRA and runs very well.
Since using the new test servers recently with the new map I have even been able to play 4K on MEDIUM and ULTRA settings.

Just stick with it, the FPS will improve massively through January.

I think it’s running slightly better but I’m not 100% sure. So much bloody fun though.
Had two goes last night, everything pre-landing 100% definitely ran better. As soon as I landed, though, it was just the same. Aiming still jerky as hell.

Sounds good.. I must admit the game is so much more playable now than it was 6 months ago.

It still just needs more maps - I think once it has 4/5 different maps the game will be much more enjoyable and random.

Don't think V1 has gone according to plan..

The game has crashed on me today 3 games out of 5 looting someone's body I just killed.

Had my ultimate win last night..

Had just a shotgun and handgun and all the houses I went to loot had nothing, so went to the beach and hid in a hut all game..

I got incredibly lucky with the circle as it finished right on me and not a single person knew I was just hiding in this hut, so at the end looking out around the hut I saw the guy crawling past it to the right as soon as he passed the hut I opened the door and shot him - in the back.

I killed one person the whole game and shot only 2 rounds from the shotgun, I really wished I recorded the last 5 minutes as I could not believe how unbelievable and lucky the experience was.

I killed one person the whole game and shot only 2 rounds from the shotgun, I really wished I recorded the last 5 minutes as I could not believe how unbelievable and lucky the experience was.
Amazing.

Still not had a chicken dinner, but I've once managed to get into the top two. It was me, crawling in the grass, against a guy who was running in and out of a house (that he was convinced I was hiding in).

If I'd stood up and shot him, I'd have won, but I didn't have the balls. But what happened was, I tried to crawl too close, he noticed me, and as I was in the process of standing up he just destroyed me.

I still think about it at night...

Amazing.

Still not had a chicken dinner, but I've once managed to get into the top two. It was me, crawling in the grass, against a guy who was running in and out of a house (that he was convinced I was hiding in).

If I'd stood up and shot him, I'd have won, but I didn't have the balls. But what happened was, I tried to crawl too close, he noticed me, and as I was in the process of standing up he just destroyed me.

I still think about it at night...

I wouldn't feel too bad, I have played the game for 73 hours, and only got Chicken Dinner 3 times.
Took 25 hours to get initially, but it is a game of both skill and luck.
I hardly get in the top 10 anymore, when I used to quite regularly.

I still get annoyed by the amount of people who live outside the white in the blue zone with sniper rifles to just pick people of.

The PC version of the game is getting completely ruined now by hackers, it seems now that there is at least 5/6 people using aim bots and ESP when playing the game.

The game is still fun, but the cheating is now so apparent - I will upload it tonight, yesterday I had a guy who shot me with a headshot from about 400 metres and on the death cam he just got out of his car and looked down the scope and fired, it was a split second.

When the Xbox starts allowing keyboard and mouse to play games then I will probably buy one, as the hacking on this game now has reached an absolute unplayable level - Hence why the PC version of the game has seen a massive drop in players over the past month.

The cheating is probably on par now with Arma 2 DayZ, when every other player was teleporting and spawning vehicles.

Have you seen this running on an iPhone. Performs better than xbox one and arguably doesn’t look much worse.

I can’t get it on my device as I do family sharing and setting up a china account is almost impossible.

Played the iOS clone version “rules of survival” which is excellent and almost stride for stride the same as pubg. Just a shame none of them utilize a controller.

Have you seen this running on an iPhone. Performs better than xbox one and arguably doesn’t look much worse.

I can’t get it on my device as I do family sharing and setting up a china account is almost impossible.

Played the iOS clone version “rules of survival” which is excellent and almost stride for stride the same as pubg. Just a shame none of them utilize a controller.

Haha I used to think you were a clever guy.

Back
Top Bottom