Playing in real life with your friends

gergerger

Banned
14 March 2005
I assume everyone here gets together with their friends and play football, specially 5-a-side. But what are these matches like in everyone's country?

For example, in Argentina, you hardly see anyone showing superiority due to physicall strenght. Skills make a difference between a good and a bad player, even defenders, the difference here is how you step the ball, your control with the foot's soil. We also give a lot of importance to playmakers, almost every team has it's own little Maradona.

What tricks do you generally see? we use nutmegs whenever we can, it is the house's speciality. Also we kinda abuse of 1-2 passing, we call it "paredes" (walls). Rabonas can be seen from time to time. Sadly, almost no one performs stepovers.

So, what is football like in your countries at this level?

Basically same as their, more about embatassing them instead of beating them. The only other thing which happens here is scoring a bar and in is what try and hit when scoring.

http://www.freewebs.com/red_rovers_fc/index.htm

haha thats what my mates put together for our 5aside team. we play every sunday. the records are about 5-6 games out of date tho

i finished with P10 Scored 30

This season ive P5 Scored 9

its pretty much end to end stuff some teams are very poor while some attack with all their team and bombard the goals.

We usually score 9-10 a game.

im the "playmaker" so to speak, i get it, and im confident of beating the whole team, but ill take one, maybe two men on, or drag them over to me, then reelease our pacy little striker who can finish like a mofo.

we have 3 defenders but we leave one on the bench and play the 2-1-1 like so

Def Def
Me
Striker

its fun and competitive. i think we're like 5th in the league bbut a win could move us top, its early days.

we should get promoted this season :D

I personally like to play like Pirlo where I try to spot the perfect pass either short or long. But I dont move around the pitch with blistering pace, instead I play a more tactical game.

RuneEdge said:
I personally like to play like Pirlo where I try to spot the perfect pass either short or long. But I dont move around the pitch with blistering pace, instead I play a more tactical game.

lol that's just the way I play. But when it comes to running, I'm actually the fastest of all my friends. :r1: :r1: :r1: :r1: :mrgreen:

(btw, i play the game on PC. r1 is for running, isn't it?)

Last edited:
gergerger said:
lol that's just the way I play. But when it comes to running, I'm actually the fastest of all my friends. :r1: :r1: :r1: :r1: :mrgreen:

(btw, i play the game on PC. r1 is for running, isn't it?)
Yeah. :r1: is run.

I play in cage with my friends. We usually play 4 v 4 with 2 teams off if it gets crowded, the ball cant get lost because its virtually a cage and we dont play with throw ins, like that football ad a long time ago, the cage.

Sulph said:
I play in cage with my friends. We usually play 4 v 4 with 2 teams off if it gets crowded, the ball cant get lost because its virtually a cage and we dont play with throw ins, like that football ad a long time ago, the cage.
Yeah. Thats what I do. We have a cage around an old tennis court but the net was removed leaving a big area to play footy in it.

RuneEdge said:
Yeah. Thats what I do. We have a cage around an old tennis court but the net was removed leaving a big area to play footy in it.

Here we have a 5-aside pitch with metal fence at the bottom, then netting at the top and also netting for a room, the nets are 6ft high and 9ft wide.

I play with a bunch of people from work and noticed there are different styles of play from people who come from different countries. The Italians like to sit back and place defensively and the English run around like headless chickens till they get tired and play as either a sweeper or goal-hanger :)

Last edited:
hi lads

my mates and I play weekly 6 a side footie at Reading's indoor practice pitch (astroturf).

Its fairly competitive and because its a biq squad, not everyone can play each monday.

I'm currently on the treatment table with a knee injury, but when fit (and selected!) I like to hug the touchline (on either side) as an old fashioned winger.

Heres our official website - i'm the Guillem Balague lookalike!

http://www.btinternet.com/~simon.sjccook/l_website/

db

LOL denirobob....you certainly look like a winger in a way.

In my area in South London...there is a mini pitch (a bit big) where me and my friends play a match...there is quite a lot of people who come and play because it's in a esatate....there are big kid and samll kids who play form agaes between 8 and 28 :mrgreen:

we could have a match with like 17 people....8 in one team 7 in the other...usualy teams are not balanced....buts still all fun.

A lot of us like showing of with our skills and everything...it doesn't really matter about the score of the game but how well you play or.....who got twisted up by a 8 year :lmao: Trust me guys there is a lot of good players in my area and there are shit ones too but we don't really cuss each...We just have a lot of fun :)

Also about me: I am a winger who is left-footed...i am really really shit with my right-foot you will always find me on the left-wing waiting for someone to pass me the ball so i can cross it in. I am good at crossing and running fast with the ball. Apart from that i am useless at shooting and etc. I have a bit little bit of skill...but the skill i always do all the time is flicking the ball over people's head which works 40%....but when i do it people just go wild...thats my trademark move :D
I am 18 by the way.

Stringer Bell said:
LOL denirobob....you certainly look like a winger in a way.

In my area in South London...there is a mini pitch (a bit big) where me and my friends play a match...there is quite a lot of people who come and play because it's in a esatate....there are big kid and samll kids who play form agaes between 8 and 28 :mrgreen:

we could have a match with like 17 people....8 in one team 7 in the other...usualy teams are not balanced....buts still all fun.

A lot of us like showing of with our skills and everything...it doesn't really matter about the score of the game but how well you play or.....who got twisted up by a 8 year :lmao: Trust me guys there is a lot of good players in my area and there are shit ones too but we don't really cuss each...We just have a lot of fun :)

Also about me: I am a winger who is left-footed...i am really really shit with my right-foot you will always find me on the left-wing waiting for someone to pass me the ball so i can cross it in. I am good at crossing and running fast with the ball. Apart from that i am useless at shooting and etc. I have a bit little bit of skill...but the skill i always do all the time is flicking the ball over people's head which works 40%....but when i do it people just go wild...thats my trademark move :D
I am 18 by the way.

Hi mate

ha ha, i'm a man after your own heart - i love that move to especially if your being marked quite tightly and the ball is played along the ground quite quickly and in one continous movment you can knock it over their head/thigh etc.. and your off on your way.

I'm both footed (ambidextorous?!??) but seem to favour the left for some things and the right with others.

-

2 questions to the floor if i may, particularly the non British chaps, -

1. Do you make use of the Rush goalie ruling ? e.g where the goalkepper on one/or either side is allowed to come out and play on pitch

2. Do you ever make use of the "next goal wins" ruling ?

cheers

db

denirobob said:
ha ha, i'm a man after your own heart - i love that move to especially if your being marked quite tightly and the ball is played along the ground quite quickly and in one continous movment you can knock it over their head/thigh etc.. and your off on your way.

Yeah i know what you mean :mrgreen:

It makes me feel so good when i pull it off....it really makes the person you done it to look like a fool. But most of the time i look like a fool when i trip or send the ball some else when i am trying to do it :lol:

denirobob said:
1. Do you make use of the Rush goalie ruling ? e.g where the goalkepper on one/or either side is allowed to come out and play on pitch

1. If there is a lot of people playing and the two team is balanced...NO

If not...and a team has 1 or 2 more players than the other then...YES

2. If we have been playing for about more than 2 hours then yes....but it's usauly the little kids who run and say that but we don't really care who wins with the next goal...we just talk about who got twisted up like a bitch the most lol :mrgreen:

Last edited:
denirobob said:
Hi mate

I'm both footed (ambidextorous?!??) but seem to favour the left for some things and the right with others.

-

2 questions to the floor if i may, particularly the non British chaps, -

cheers

db

This is how we do it in Argentina, for 5-a-side between friends:

* The goalkeeper can come out, but can't go pass the halfway line.
* Goalpeer can't play the ball past the halfway line, unless it rebound in the floor first. So no NFL-like action here (Goalkeeper sending the ball with his hand like a quarterback, from one area to the other) :lmao:
* You have to pass the halfway line to shoot.
* Throw in with foot.
* When we tie, and no one is waiting outside the pitch to come in, we play "next goal wins".
* We generally play on fast hard surfaces, like the ones used in indoor matches. We prefer it because the ball rolls smoothly and it's better to step the ball. Synthetic grass is also a choice, but it is slower.. it is "for old people".
* Can't play ground passes in corners.

When we play a match "for something" (losing team pays the pitch/losing team buys coca-cola/whatever):
* Shooting only from inside the zone (that line between halfway line and end line).
* Can't do throw in from outside the zone to inside the zone.

And that's about every rule we use.

Yesterday I made 6 beautiful nutmegs, Including Riquelme vs Yepes's one (from a Boca-River, find it in kazaa if you've neer seen it, and also look for his amazing 360+backheel nutmeg, totally insane).

5 vs 5.
There is a school neraby so everyone in the area meats there on saturdays(tomorrow), hope tomorrow I can make it, i've been sick for the last two weeks :( felling better now, probably i'll go.
Usually it's a 1-2-1 when attacking and changes to 2-2. when defending.
I'm always the last defender. I stay behind cause I usally win the balls easily cause i'm kinda big. But sometimes it's the other way around, I go to striker cause I can keep the ball with me till a m8 arrives to kick it in.
It's fun, but I mostly do it for the exercise, and I lack that and I smoke 20 cigs a day :S

Schools, universities, and even Residencial Buildings, have a little Futsal place to play football... (clay or indoors)

It's basically like in Argentina, but we often play with the official rules of futsal, so Keepers can basically do everything on the field.

Many places here we play Society Football, or as we call it here "Swiss Football"... it's a 8-a-side match... but on synthetic grass, and with a bigger pitch than futsal places...

I'm not an awesome player... but i like it a lot... As we play futsal more often, 4 times a week, here with my university friends, there are no fixed positions, because it is a very quick game... but it is excellent...

I'm retired for now(at the tender age of 21) But every summer a whole bunce of big sweaty men get together on the sunday to have the big match. One of the most tiring & enduring matches that you could play in(especially when theres a heatwave). I'm looking to dusting off me boots and shinpads soon.

I enjoy playing the holding midfielder(Makele, Dunga style).

One of my favourite footy games is Wembley, you may call it something else. But it's when there's like one person in goal and 12 people on the pitch, every man for himself knockout competition, one goal and your threw to the next round and so on...

Last edited:
Eheh... I play Futsal in middle club of Lisbon, I'm a pivot, I'm a bit freestyle player, I can make a Pedalada(L1 Feint in WE/PES), Elástico.

After not playing since high school, i started again at age 30 two years ago with about 3 other guys. Within a month, word had spread and we had anywhere from 12-25 guys showing up weekly. . . AMERICANS! lol.

Alot of people were new to organized footy, but it was amazing how good some of them got by the end of the summer.

Funny, but i am a much better player now then i was when i was on a real team. My footy-brain is much more developed thanks to tv and a lil game called Winning ELeven. My WE6 buddies were amazed that they could actually use what they learned in the game out on a real pitch. It was pretty fun to see that happen after growing up playing American football, baseball and basketball with these guys.

I usually play a CMF role like StevieG and like to orchestrate the offense with minimal touches and quick, cutting passes. I have pretty good long range passing and a pretty hard shot. It's why i love watching StevieG, Alonso and Lampard.

. . of course i broke my leg and ankle on a dirty tackle last summer, so no footy till i get this metal plate removed next month. :(

ghazi said:
. . of course i broke my leg and ankle on a dirty tackle last summer, so no footy till i get this metal plate removed next month. :(
Ouch! :(

In the United States we play like were legends and play with 22 guys!

Hardcore!

We go to the local prak and you the goal posts there for the league games for kids there. We use local italian fishing nets for goals. It so Fuckin Sick!

Sabac Red said:
I'm retired for now(at the tender age of 21) But every summer a whole bunce of big sweaty men get together on the sunday to have the big match. One of the most tiring & enduring matches that you could play in(especially when theres a heatwave). I'm looking to dusting off me boots and shinpads soon.

I enjoy playing the holding midfielder(Makele, Dunga style).

One of my favourite footy games is Wembley, you may call it something else. But it's when there's like one person in goal and 12 people on the pitch, every man for himself knockout competition, one goal and your threw to the next round and so on...

Hi Mate

We call that World Cup Singles

Theres also a doubles game (exactly same principle) as its a bit harsh on the first chap through if they have to sit around for an hour or so waiting for everyone else.

db

Hey, that's funny, in Holland we called that 'keizeren' it's probably the best way to develop goal instinct and learn how to dribble. Plus it's also very relaxing and meeting new people is always nice.

yup here its called keizeren too. (keizer means emperor, as that is what you are when u are the last man standing.)

in my youth we played it practicly every day. its been really important for my skills, you learn to be quick feeted and how to handle with your instinct when youre constantly chased around by 10 men. very excausting but best thing in the world. i was van basten or romario most of the time.

denirobob said:
Hi Mate

We call that World Cup Singles

Theres also a doubles game (exactly same principle) as its a bit harsh on the first chap through if they have to sit around for an hour or so waiting for everyone else.

db

HEH! Wembleys singles, i always preferred doubles though - get some quality link up play goin ;)

I play every thursday and sunday at the soccerdome in trafford. Thursdays is with the older veterans where a couple of ex city players from the 80's play, i'm one of the young uns so they let me do all the running ;)
Sundays we just play with mates but it's always a good game.

I prefer to sit back and watch for the run and play the pass, i'm a big fan of movement without having to do the fancy tricks. Pretty much a tireless utiliyman :)

Wembley is fun to play. I havent played it in a long time though.

Lol we generally do it by teams here. We call it "mortadela"

Only one GK, two teams with 2-3 players. Rules are: all players in the team have to touch the ball before a goal. When someone scores, he becomes the GK, and the goalie occupies tha place of the player who scored.

Of course we only play mortadelas when we're short of people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom