Playing on 100hz TV and on 60hz TV

Burak_FB1907

Conference
18 August 2005
hertfrodshire
hi guys, i've recently prmoted my PS2 to the living room now having the house to myself and am playing winning eleven 10 on our widescreen 100hz tv, and its playing alot faster than it does on 60hz mode in my other room on a normal sony tv ..... anyone know why this is so?

i've gotten so used to the gameplay being slower on the other TV, its a bit of a shock!

anyone had the same experience at all ??

It's more than likely the widescreen element.

If your tv has the option of changing the picture to 4:3, then use that when playing WE10, you should have the normal pace back again.

Basically WE/PES isn't programmed for widescreen, so the picture stretches horizontally when you play on a widescreen tv, making it seem faster in horizontal directions. ;)

Anyone know why it kinda stutters when the ball goes out? Like on the PES3 demo ages ago when you used to score. Ive put it down to being my TV (playing on 50hz) but im sure a TV cant affect a disk reading..

The stuttering isn't your tv to blame, it happens on every (widescreen) tv too. I know it's annoying especiall when shooting, this doesn't happen in Xbox versions though.

ontopic: at my friends place who has this widescreenpanel I have trouble keeping up with them when we play a tournament: it's totally different, so much faster than at home.

Last edited:
change the camera type to wide long, i think thats the name for that, on a normal tv the players look small, but on the widescreen look ok

Back
Top Bottom