Playing Online

kamy100

Premiership
9 June 2003
Blackburn, UK
Firstly sorry if this has been asked before, I have tried searching but have found nothing.

I have never played games online, but with PES5 seriously contemplating using the it's online capabilities. Done some research and have found out that you need a PS2 Network adaptor and apparently it is easy to install. However have read that you also need Modem with RJ45 Connection (not a USB modem), this is where I am confused I have a broadband connection with AOL and have the BT Voyger modem which is a USB modem so was wondering how you get round this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You don't need the modem and RJ45 connection for online play. Your broadband connection should be fine, do you have a hub or is just the one computer connected to the internet via the USB modem? You need a proper network connection (ethernet) for the PS2.

this is where I am confused I have a broadband connection with AOL and have the BT Voyger modem which is a USB modem so was wondering how you get round this.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

aol brondband din't work for me when i connected my xbox live, (i called the aol they told me to by crossover cable, but i didn't try that) but i don't know about ps2 online, but i guess it's the same thing.

yeah, i would say that usb voyager modem has NO ethernet ports, therefore you will NOT be able to play the ps2 online.

you will need to buy a different modem, one with a network socket on the back.

if you have a look on the back of your pc, you should see like a 'giant' telephone socket! - that's the one you need on the back of your router/modem too!

I play online with a bt voyager 205,it is a modem/router.
Online is great,the problem I find,is when playing offline against the cpu,it isn't quite the same.Bought mine from ebay for £35,about 6 months ago.good luck mate!!!

Back
Top Bottom