Playing people online with updated transfers

damianpadden

Banned
7 October 2003
Konami say people who play online with updated transfers are cheating.

Is this true?

I played against someone last night and he had mascarano in the Liverpool squad and I lost.

Fair enough if I lose but if he is playing with players with high stats is that cheating and how can we tell.

Damo

I personally do not think it is cheating UNLESS they alter the stats, I mean what is wrong with having to date transfers to make you online gaming experience seem more realistic, I mean Zidane was still at France? Larsson was not at Man Utd, But with an update you can :).

I think it is people making it easier for Knami not to do anything, Konami should be pleased with this in my opinion, as long as the option file doesnt change all the stats,

i agree with the fact that it is good to have the correct players playing for the correct clubs, but it has to be across the board not a few individuals are this gives an advantage over the person who does not have the updates.

IT IS STILL CHEATING

Damo666

will be playing tonight at some point.

It used to be considered ok. On the last pro evo loads of people updated their teams and it seemed to lead loads more people to actually play as their own team instead of just picking Inter/Barca etc.

Now with the new game its full of new players who'd start accusing you of stuff...in my case I just want to play with a realistic team, I have less players already with players leaving etc, but you can't really replace them anymore.

In my case, I'm not sure having Ball and Mpenza playing for Man City would really be that bad considering 99% of the people just choose a huge team anyway.

I know it could be unfair to have updated players with the big teams and all that, say if both teams are Man Utd and one has a new player thats improved and the other doesn't, its just gonna suck when it gets to the point where you've got no current players on your bench etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure where you'd get one now. When I got it for the last game I got it from this forum (which is how I found the forum in the first place).

Its getting to be annoying now not being able to pick a real team, now the transfer windows happened its just a case of waiting for the next game. The patch on the last game totally reinvigorated the game, its a shame Konami haven't done any kind of updates themselves, but then they'd actually have to do some real work when the time came to make the next game (although if they just closed the online servers for the old one then most people'd probably buy the new one even with minimal improvements just to play online). :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Konami say people who play online with updated transfers are cheating.

Is this true?

I played against someone last night and he had mascarano in the Liverpool squad and I lost.

Fair enough if I lose but if he is playing with players with high stats is that cheating and how can we tell.

Damo

Yes Damo666 i did beat you fairly, yes i have Mascherano in my squad, therefore yes i have the transfer update, AND you accused me of changing my players stats (which i haven't as i hate cheating) because i was beating you easily:cry:. Your false accusation only made me score even more. Many people on both PES5 and PES6 played online with the transfer update.

If you see me again online, please do not accuse me of cheating again simply because i played you off the park. [-X

Yes Damo666 i did beat you fairly, yes i have Mascherano in my squad, therefore yes i have the transfer update, AND you accused me of changing my players stats (which i haven't as i hate cheating) because i was beating you easily:cry:. Your false accusation only made me score even more. Many people on both PES5 and PES6 played online with the transfer update.

If you see me again online, please do not accuse me of cheating again simply because i played you off the park. [-X

Fair play mate, I apologise.

I just got pissed as it had happened to me before when I played someone and they clearly had changed their stats.

I shall meet you again online and try harder next time not the lose.

Damo

Well i mailed konami about it !! , and this is what they said:

Hello (my real name)

Thank you for contacting the PES6 Technical Support.

Since the patch you are referring to is not an official patch by Konami,
we cannot be held liable for any damages suffered as a result of using
and/or downloading this patch.

It is not allowed to play with edited "Dreamteams", however updated teams
cannot be considered as cheating.

We hope, we could help you to resolve your issue and hope you will enjoy
playing Pro Evolution Soccer 6.
Kind regards,

Pro Evolution Soccer 6
Online Technical Support

My post :

> hello im DeRiOn in pes6 and i have a question about a transfer patch
>
> Do konami make one?
> and i have this transfer patch :
> http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142022
>
> is it legal>? i know its updated lineup but no dreamteams and some teams
are
> weaken
> and who doesnt want to play Good lineup! i think there should be an auto
update option
> and groups must stay in pes7!
>
> but if its not legal what i will have big dissapointment (really many
already downloaded it)
> i see so much playing with larsson there
>
> my opinion is that this could be legal but dreamteams that doesnt match
as
> in real must be not legal So as pes5, last summer there was a summer patch and everybody used it!! It
> was big fun to play with shevchenko at chelsea and ballack at chelsea
etc...
> !!
>
> please give answer soon
>
> Greetz
> spooky, (my real name) , DeRiOn (in pes6)[/U]

Fair play mate, I apologise.

I just got pissed as it had happened to me before when I played someone and they clearly had changed their stats.

I shall meet you again online and try harder next time not the lose.

Damo

Damian, you are a gentleman.:applause: :applause: :applause:

Well i mailed konami about it !! , and this is what they said:

Hello (my real name)

Thank you for contacting the PES6 Technical Support.

Since the patch you are referring to is not an official patch by Konami,
we cannot be held liable for any damages suffered as a result of using
and/or downloading this patch.

It is not allowed to play with edited "Dreamteams", however updated teams
cannot be considered as cheating.

We hope, we could help you to resolve your issue and hope you will enjoy
playing Pro Evolution Soccer 6.
Kind regards,

Pro Evolution Soccer 6
Online Technical Support

My post :

> hello im DeRiOn in pes6 and i have a question about a transfer patch
>
> Do konami make one?
> and i have this transfer patch :
> http://www.soccergaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142022
>
> is it legal>? i know its updated lineup but no dreamteams and some teams
are
> weaken
> and who doesnt want to play Good lineup! i think there should be an auto
update option
> and groups must stay in pes7!
>
> but if its not legal what i will have big dissapointment (really many
already downloaded it)
> i see so much playing with larsson there
>
> my opinion is that this could be legal but dreamteams that doesnt match
as
> in real must be not legal So as pes5, last summer there was a summer patch and everybody used it!! It
> was big fun to play with shevchenko at chelsea and ballack at chelsea
etc...
> !!
>
> please give answer soon
>
> Greetz
> spooky, (my real name) , DeRiOn (in pes6)[/U]

Nice one Spooky, that e-mail from Konami should be made a sticky.....haha.......:D :thumbup:

me and my buddies drafted teams for Winning Eleven Pro Evo 2007, is there a way we could play each other online with those teams? Like if we all have the same option file or something.

Thanks, By the way I am not cheating if thats why u guys really think im asking this.

Back
Top Bottom