Playing ProEvo5 on 37" LCD HD

S

Scully

Has anyone played it on lcd hd and if so whats it like?

Playing it on a 50Hz widescreen which is fine and tried it on a 32" Widescreen 100Hz and its blury when the ball is knocked about, so just wondering about lcd?

Cheers

I've played it on a sony wega 32" 100hz, no slow down.....pictures fine, was with an RGB cable FYI.

Usually play it on a 28" widescreen TV, forced to 4:3 mode. I have tried it on a Samsung 32" LCD HDTV and it doesn't look as good, despite using the same RGB cable. I'm not quite sure why, but I think the larger the screen used the more pixellated the graphics appear, the same effect as when taking a movie clip on your PC and stretching the size. It's not a HD-enabled game remember, it's not even a widescreen-enabled game.

Had to re-register because of problems....anyway, it doesnt sound good
now, but it should be better if its a better tv, i dont think its anything to do with stretching or size of the screen. If someone has
any info please reply....i know pes is not widescreen or hd but it looks
fine on 28" and i just picked up a 37" Sharp HD ready....

what lead do you use mate?

I use a Y Cb/Pb Cr/Pr lead that goes into the back of my LCD tv.

Super crisp picture. Like playing through a moniter, but with a bit more colour :)

RGB scart lead.

The menus look very crisp but not the gameplay.

The PS2 has a known problem with aliasing, and the bigger you make the screen the more obvious that problem is. I think it's because the PS2 technology is now lagging behind that of newer TVs.

I am using a Samsung LW32A33W.

Last edited:
Adonis said:
what lead do you use mate?

I use a Y Cb/Pb Cr/Pr lead that goes into the back of my LCD tv.

Super crisp picture. Like playing through a moniter, but with a bit more colour :)
So did you buy your HDTV yet?
I havent, narrowed it down to two now. Samsung DLP 46" or Sony 50" Rear Pro 3LCD, both HD Ready.

Try component as Adonis stated, or turn of all the special modes on the LCD tv. What type have you got.

ClassicD said:
Usually play it on a 28" widescreen TV, forced to 4:3 mode. I have tried it on a Samsung 32" LCD HDTV and it doesn't look as good, despite using the same RGB cable. I'm not quite sure why, but I think the larger the screen used the more pixellated the graphics appear, the same effect as when taking a movie clip on your PC and stretching the size. It's not a HD-enabled game remember, it's not even a widescreen-enabled game.

My toshiba DLP does this (stretching)... its great to play on, but with no widescreen and HD support it could look SOOOOO much better:(

Hi!

Ive got a Philips 37PF9830, and the game looks quite good. I use a YUV-Component Cable. The only problem is, as the black sheep says, that the game doesn´t support 16:9, so I use the 14:9 option of my TV.

The game is perfectly playable, but it simply does not make use of the technical possibilities of an HDTV. But the Xbox360 version will (I hope)

Y17

i play on a 51" Panasonic HDTV(my dads). i use the cable that came with the ps2. everything looks fine but when i the ball moves from left to right or right to left the lines on the pitch get blurred. it happens when watching real football too. :-x

Last edited:
the_thing said:
i play on a 51" Panasonic HDTV(my dads). i use the cable that came with the ps2. everything looks fine but when i the ball moves from left to right or right to left the lines on the pitch get blurred. it happens when watching real football too. :-x

thats got a lot to do with the poor signal. the cheap cable that comes with the ps2 is possibly the worst cable going. get an rgb scart and you'll soon notice the difference. As for normal tv watching footie its not the tv its the shit signal that gets sent out, even sky is poorly sent out. Wait for HDTV to launch then youll see football how its meant to be seen.

Well, I can only say that a friend of mine has a 32" LCD tv and it's great to watch it there, but... nothing beats a projector. It's a lot more cheap and spectacular. There are BenQ projectors for 580 € with great cappabilities and VGA resolution (800x600), which is more than PAL or NTSC resolutions (720 x 540 aprox.). So if you have the money and want to buy something to play games on, get a projector, a 5:1 sound system and you can even buy a 26" old CRT monitor all for the price of a new LCD.

ashmufc said:
So did you buy your HDTV yet?
I havent, narrowed it down to two now. Samsung DLP 46" or Sony 50" Rear Pro 3LCD, both HD Ready.

Try component as Adonis stated, or turn of all the special modes on the LCD tv. What type have you got.

yeh finally got one!

I got a Samsung LE32R41BD

Only got it coz its the one Microsoft have been using to show off their games at X05, which is good enough for me :)

So all i need is this cable, Y Cb/Pb Cr/Pr lead and it should be alright?
I bought the new Sharp Aquos 37" HD ready HDMI conn.

Would the RGB cable work?

cowden_harley said:
adonis is that the one with the integrated freeview??? If so thats the one ive got and its mint.

yep thats the one :)

although Im now sending it back! Only coz the same place is selling a Sony HD tv for a couple of hundred more. I dont mind Samsung, but Im a bit of a Sony fan when it comes to electrical stuff so gonna stick with them. And the guy didnt mind, seeing as Ive only had it for under 2 weeks! Its a Sony KDL-S32A12. Cool coz its all silver, so goes with all my other stuff :p

yep Sculdugery, the Y Cb/Pb Cr/Pr cable is all you need. Its not even that expensive. I got it from Game for only a tenner! I know they still have it so pick it up asap.

rgb cable would work, but the picture wont be as sharp. Not worth it really.

Last edited by a moderator:
The game seems to be pretty blurry for me too on my LCD TV, but I'm not sure what a Y Cb/Pb Cr/Pr cable is exactly. Could someone give me a link to one or something? I'm not too into these things.

Hey, I've been experiencing the same problems as some others with with my LCD TV.

However, I followed ashmufcs link for a component cable and I checked the "instructions picture" on that page, and I don't seem to have component video outputs in my TV, like the ones in the picture. Do I need some sort of adapter?

Alright i got this component cable in game and tried it last night!
I set the ps2 config from RGB to Y,Cr,Cb......etc
I put, green Y, blue Cb, red Cr, and red and white to audio ouput.
Turn the ps2 back on and i get black and white picture with no sound!
Can anyone help?#

Thanks

Mm... what set have you got? Can you choose different Hz options like 50/60 on your set, also look for an audio in thing. Read the amnual on how to use component inoput I would say.

on my 30" Philips LCD, when i boot up my ps2, it always starts up in black and white and fuzzy, but when i change the channel on the TV and back again, it goes to colour.
No idea why!...

picturewise, it looks great on my TV, on 60hz its better. But not with 2 players obviously....coz the slowdown is annoying.

The new Philips LCD range is the best out at the moment, but in march they are launching the Clear LCD tv's, so im going to get one of those. 40" Clear LCD HD with ambilight 3. Wicked!!

Is this in the UK?
Yeah, Philips make the best LCD's eps with Ambilight, but with the same money you can buy a DLP Rear Pro, which is amazing, and a nice big screen.

the_thing said:
You got flicker reduction turned on? My Panasonic 100hz tv did exactly the same thing with Pro Evo, it was really off putting so i switched off the flicker reduction & the problem went away.

How stupid was i.....i connected the wires loosely so when
i actually pushed them in right, it worked and what a great picture.
Thanks people!

Back
Top Bottom