PlayStation VR

The virtual screen feature is pretty good, but it's all well and good having a 100ft virtual cinema screen in front of you when the pixel count is so low that the graphics look worse than on the telly (it's more like putting a magnifying glass up to your regular TV).

It's more than that. It feels like you're watching upclose on a projection TV.

Hmmmm, I was thinking about this, bit not sure.

I'm wondering.outwith games they have stuff like roller-coaster rides, flight experiences, think that'd be quite cool.

GAME charging people to "Demo" this in their stores is absolutely fucking pathetic! Apparently Sony gave them the green light to do so which really makes me want to buy that thing!

For years I have feared for "Brick & Mortar" Game shops on the high street but I sincerely hope GAME go under!

Bought "Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes" yesterday, to play with friends and family.

It's an absolute blast (no pun intended). Seriously, I've not laughed so much playing a game in years. I can see why there are some Wii / Kinect comparisons, but honestly, with the fun I've had playing Driveclub, RIGS and this, it's already got more use than either of those.

Realistically, you could recreate the game without VR by publishing it with a disc and manual, but even so, it's a great experience.

I just wish, WISH, I didn't have to fuck about unplugging and re-plugging cables every time I want to play a VR game. If you're making a console that you're labelling as "premium", and a VR headset that, when combined, costs £700, how is it acceptable that I have to pull the console forward and pull out / rearrange cables every time I want to switch from a 4K game to a VR game? Get real.

There's a proper HDMI splitter coming out in January
There is? From Sony themselves?

I'll gladly wait if they're producing something like that! The £60 splitter solution sounds like a headache with having to use remotes for the individual power plugs.

(Bear in mind that I've already had to add an extra remote to my setup in the past couple of months, because the 4K TV I've just bought doesn't output Dolby properly, and so every console needs connecting via optical into a remote-controlled splitter that then feeds my sound-system - I thought the latest technology was supposed to be about convenience, I swear it's going backwards...)

Well, just sold mine on ebay and got my money back.

It's an awesome experience but has worn off quickly for me and has been collecting dust since the 3-4 times I first used it.

The resolution wasn't what I expected so I'm hoping their next version has 1080p per lens then I might consider. Oh, and lighter/smaller headset; maybe something like a ski goggle with wireless connection.

GAME charging people to "Demo" this in their stores is absolutely fucking pathetic! Apparently Sony gave them the green light to do so which really makes me want to buy that thing!

For years I have feared for "Brick & Mortar" Game shops on the high street but I sincerely hope GAME go under!
Game went under in Scandinavia (at least here in Sweden a few years ago)
Think GameStop is the only big company left.

Now that would make me consider VR!
Very cool, I'd buy one (if it was cheap)!

But by the same token, I wish devs would just throw VR support into titles without trying to think big - like PS4 Pro support.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to try what's going on there. But all the PC solutions seem to involve making a big space to play in and allowing you to walk around, when it's never really necessary, and all the PS4 games seem to be either £10 indie titles or £60 built-for-VR experiences.

I was hoping we'd get VR modes added into "normal" games - VR Be A Pro in FIFA, for example. I know VR isn't cross-platform and that'll be a big reason behind it, but even if it was DLC it'd be something that a massive percentage of VR headset owners would buy, I'd bet (especially on console).

All the VR headsets are great hardware, but if every game tries to be special, or a gimmick, when it doesn't have to be, it'll die out - and I really don't want it to!

doesn't work with project cars 2...
Sold mine at the weekend, and pretty gutted about it. But I'd rather have the new Xbox - because it will get fully-featured games, unlike PSVR.

Such a shame but the power just isn't there. Interested to see if the new Xbox jump into the world of mixed reality, as all the rumours say.

That's great, but I am too convinced that I would break somthing (most likely the very expensive TV) instantly so I will pass on it.

Tried VR on the PS4, and my issue with it was not that it gave slight motion sickness.

The resolution was terrible, felt like I was playing on a PS1.

The RE7 was the best part of it and was a pretty cool demo of what potentially was possible.
But the resolution killed it for me and even put me off trying the more expensive VIVE and Oculus Rift, to see if they are any better.

Anybody still playing VR games? Any good VR games released lately?

Tempted to treat myself to the PSVR V2 for Christmas, but I don't really know why if I'm being honest with myself...

Anybody tried Skyrim VR or Fallout VR?

Tried VR on the PS4, and my issue with it was not that it gave slight motion sickness.

The resolution was terrible, felt like I was playing on a PS1.

The RE7 was the best part of it and was a pretty cool demo of what potentially was possible.
But the resolution killed it for me and even put me off trying the more expensive VIVE and Oculus Rift, to see if they are any better.

Tbh PSVR isn’t really suited to porting existing games across, it’s best when there’s a lot less textural detail or everything’s closer up. I played Gran Turismo with VR and it was fun but the drop in quality was too much for me, and I’m nowhere near as much of a graphics & resolution nut as I reckon you are. I’m glad I bought one but wonder whether a PS4 Pro makes things dramatically better on the resolution front.

Superhot is genuinely up there as one of the most exciting new game experiences I’ve had. I’m really interested in Dreams too. But I haven’t carried on with my RE7 playthrough in VR for the same reason, the outdoor areas are particularly bad.

Definitely give the Rift and Vive a go if you know of somewhere you can try without buying. A lot of these technical limitations will fall one by one and it’s well worth trying these different headsets just to better separate VR as a whole from PSVR specifically.

Anybody still playing VR games? Any good VR games released lately?

Tempted to treat myself to the PSVR V2 for Christmas, but I don't really know why if I'm being honest with myself...

Anybody tried Skyrim VR or Fallout VR?

Just to tempt you further, Astrobots is the standout VR game at the moment, cracking price for this bundle:

https://www.game.co.uk/en/playstati...-move-controller-twin-pack-and-now-tv-2554161

Or if you already have the move controllers:

https://www.game.co.uk/en/playstati...obot-vr-resident-evil-7-vr-and-now-tv-2554144

Just got vr and the move controllers. Astrobot is superb but I have to give a mention to Creed which is mental and hard work physically. I've done a bit of amateur boxing so really enjoy it Also resident evil 7. Never played it, never wanted to as I get bored but in vr it's a game changer. It's ridiculously scary and I've not come across anything yet

I might refresh this topic, as PSVR price is reasonable now and Im getting tempted.

I have some doubts and they mostly revolve around my gaming... habits? Situation?

- i only play at nights, when everyone else is asleep. So for me headset is basically the only thing id use.
I dont know if I can play all games with just headset+controller.

- most of games that id play are not VR games. I was thinking to use headset regardless to have big "cinema experience".
But now Im reading up above that there is big quality drop when you use VR. Would Red Dead Redemption 2 in example drop in quality if I used VR headset on it?

Are there some new versions of VR?
Does it still have any life left in it?
Should I even bother?

Are there some new versions of VR?
Does it still have any life left in it?
Should I even bother?
I was asking myself this before Christmas, with all the price drops.

I've had it before, though, and I realised that the technology just isn't there for me to enjoy it, yet. I remember the blurriness of the screen, the reduced graphical details etc. and I found I just couldn't willingly make the sacrifice. I love the idea of it, but the execution needs something way more powerful.

Otherwise, it's not a million miles away from the VR experience you can get from a mobile phone (that shows how limited it is, with current console technology).

That and the mess of wires that have to trail across the room...

You said you'd use it for the "big screen experience" and not for VR - then, trust me, you'd be sat there looking at how much lower-res everything is and thinking to yourself "this would be better on an actual telly".

Thanks, Chris. I think ill leave it till ps5 so. :LOL:
I didnt even know there are wires involved.. thought it was all wireless.

Icelandic retailers aren't even selling the new bundles yet. They only just lowered the price of the original ones, and advertise them being on a special offer.

Back
Top Bottom