(PODCAST) The Evo-Web Interviews

Hey everyone!

If you're interested, a new podcast episode is available for your listening pleasure - courtesy of Footy-United.

I was lucky enough to be invited onto their show, to talk to more guys like us - two of whom have actually appeared in previous Evo-Web Interviews episodes (!) - about what we love (and hate) about modern football games. They are @checkmate10, @B-Man and @8bitJose (Twitter).

If you're interested, you can listen here:

Footy-United Podcast: Episode 35 (feat. Chris Davies)

Hey everyone!

If you're interested, a new podcast episode is available for your listening pleasure - courtesy of Footy-United.

I was lucky enough to be invited onto their show, to talk to more guys like us - two of whom have actually appeared in previous Evo-Web Interviews episodes (!) - about what we love (and hate) about modern football games. They are @checkmate10, @B-Man and @8bitJose (Twitter).

Will listen on my way home from work!! :APPLAUD:

edit: wasnt i listening to prior episodes of the footy united podcast in my stock apple podcast app!? cant find it anymore. hm...
wanted to download before work is over...

anyway, i downloaded the file to my phone. 2 hours looks massive! :D im curious!

Last edited:
Will listen on my way home from work!! :APPLAUD:

edit: wasnt i listening to prior episodes of the footy united podcast in my stock apple podcast app!? cant find it anymore. hm...
wanted to download before work is over...

anyway, i downloaded the file to my phone. 2 hours looks massive! :D im curious!
And it’s so good!! Straight to the cheese!!
I feel like I’m listening to like minded guys that should get heared over at Konamis!!

I’m in like only 40 minutes (my way home is 10) but dear @Chris Davies, are you using a „cans on a string“ telephone are calling from the past?! :LOL:
We can sure crowd fund a better setup for a voice that is representative but a bit scratchy right now. ;)

You’re are probably right with the old grizzly corner here at evo web!! :D

And please do link me that 2017 Review, will you?!

Now listening some more on the balcony. Lovely Thursday night.

I’m in like only 40 minutes (my way home is 10) but dear @Chris Davies, are you using a „cans on a string“ telephone are calling from the past?! :LOL:
We can sure crowd fund a better setup for a voice that is representative but a bit scratchy right now. ;)
I'll have you know that was @B-Man, who sounded like he was dragging a scouring pad across his phone throughout the whole two hours...

And please do link me that 2017 Review, will you?!

Here you go: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/the-official-evo-web-pes-2017-review.76736/

I'll have you know that was @B-Man, who sounded like he was dragging a scouring pad across his phone throughout the whole two hours...

Here you go: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/the-official-evo-web-pes-2017-review.76736/
Well, Bryan is probably holding his can against a gramophone. ;)

I mean only good when I recommend to the both of you to better that equipment. The audience will thank you big time. :)
I leave it here. No more banging on that.

I’m glad the racing analogy came up!
Not banging on that either. ;)

Edit: that comparison to fighting games is golden as well, imo. And we had those characters in our game too!! Default ML Squad anyone?!
Man!! :CURSE: This is all so unnecessary... taking the dna out of the game bit by bit....:SHAKE:

@Chris Davies when you spoke at around 1:08:00 I already had that PS5 in mind. And you are not naive backing that up while painting a beautiful, and easy to understand, picture of 22 brains to replicate. :SAL:

I appreciate you bringing up the story of you meeting Simon and how you experienced that situation (not only personally but also for the community’s good).
And the answer you gave still stands for me. As a huge, if not the biggest, top list, number one REASON to build a game around!
And this feeds back into a stat driven core of the game...
I did not drop my beverage! :D

On the manual part/the third view: so rewarding it is!! :)

On that Million dollar challenge: I’m split. Could go into that deeper. Maybe later. It might be the dumbest thing ever. ;)

Edit: finished it now. Everything was so spot on, imo and there was no “nonsense topic”! Love it.
Wish this podcast would get passed on to Konami. They ain’t got nothing to loose!!!
Just invest 2 hours while listening and get the F inspired somehow.
They just can’t say: that’s all bs. That’s not effecting our product.

But it does. It hits the games “main nails” on the head EVERY TIME!

I do support this podcast!! :TU:

Can’t wait for the follow up!!

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

@B-Man @Chris Davies
On 1:57:06, are you guys talking about analogue walking of PES 2018 online beta?

Last edited:
I kept seeing this ad on the net and i thought of here, and made an ad from it. :)

View attachment 62167
man, i'm still so proud of the community and what @Chris Davies has created here (with every interviewer involved)! every time i see our logo i have good vibes coming up!
do we really need to wait till next summer for a new podcast season?? what about a christmas special? what about a new years special? :)

I have a Podcast, 'The Wolf AND The Shepherd'. I'd be happy to host an episode with those of you who would like to come on or I'd be willing to come on yours. I know it's been a fair while since my editing days but I've kept track of what's been going on since.

Attachments

• Logo.jpg
    Logo.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 4
Hey all, hey @Chris Davies ,

what about the next bunch of Interviews when 2022 (the game) hits?!

such a tense time for all of us, be it with a positive, negative or no attitude at all... let’s get together, let’s socialize, let’s communicate more human. it’s these days we’re living in, that need more of the usual, more of the basics, the simple stuff!

whats easier than having a chat with another person?!

Last edited:
@Chris Davies sorry to bother you... but when do the recordings of the angry-web interviews start again?!

there is tons of stuff we need to get out loud now! lets be vocal one last time! ;)
Let's be real. Why?

If you love PES you have to let it go at this point. All the positivity in the world won't change their direction.

Let's be real. Why?

If you love PES you have to let it go at this point. All the positivity in the world won't change their direction.
You are probably right. It would be more of a rant podcast... and ranting ain’t worth it with PES no more.

It’s hard to let go even when it seems so final. :(

I was invited onto the PES Universe podcast to discuss the future of eFootball, and the past of PES (alongside retro-legend @Shales).

I went on the podcast to represent Evo-Web - hopefully you guys think I did that!

So that’s what you are doing casually… :LOL: I’m glad it’s something I can relate to! Will have an ear on that tmw during breakfast.

It was a good episode, Chris.
I found myself just nodding to everything you said.
The grind in the old games, the AI in the old games.
A lot of people mistake Player ID with AI Player ID. Since Pes17 the latter just disappeared.
Player ID is just for when you are on the ball, AI is sharing the same ID across every single player in the game.
Thats probably why I gave up on PES.
Whatever they do with eFootball in the future - they will not put any effort into giving us proper AI individuality.
It might be even solid one day, but it will be the same across all teams.

Little mention of Fifa22, how we can still be satisfied and we are not stuck in the past was a nice touch as well.

Cheers for that, Chris.

Strong arguments by @Chris Davies and @Shales , a very nice and mature take on the eFootball development debacle pointing out again the mobile focus, because damidnightekid was very shy to say it loud as a fact, or eventually he doesn't have that vision: "I mean like, you know like... because like... you know... like... normally like... eventually because like... you know..." (I'm pretty sure he used it more than 100 times)

Most of us share the same feeling in the end, for the first time after 25 years we don't have a game anymore that maintained some of the DNA from the previous titles, instead we have an app that tries to mimick on consoles/PC the mechanics and animations designed for a mobile game with "in your face" mobile UI, simplistic features for a quick use and shitty graphics that can be processed by an android phone. At least we're lucky to have our best "abandonware" moddable titles on PC from every generation (PES 5/6, PES 2011/2013, PES 2017/2021) so we can enjoy every season, thanks to the EvoWeb forums...

"I mean like, you know like... because like... you know... like... normally like... eventually because like... you know..."
Because, like, you know, at the end of the day man, like, you know, and that's the beautiful thing, is like everyone has an opinion like and you know, like with Fortnite or COD, like it's a matter of opinion and that's fine, and like some people will always like the game and some people won't and like, you know, and we can argue till the cows come home but like, say I'm playing COD with the lads, like, and that's the beautiful thing man.

Barry's relativistic hell.

Back
Top Bottom