(PODCAST) The Evo-Web Interviews

We want jay we want jay! :D (well i do at least, maybe because i am nuts) looking forward to this, however you are all doing a sterling (not raheem) job, well done.:TU:

Pro_too is completely right about PES2017. Out of any game in the last few years it has the most acceptable flaws. I could take about that game all day, best version of pes on the PS4

But also it had improvements that were noticeable and significant over the previous 2 games. PES2015 was done from scratch after the shambles of PES2014 and was very basic, 2016 improved on that a bit but 2017 gave us lots of new stuff. Variations on AI. Shooting, animations, a reasonable game pace. Against the AI it was the most balanced game we have seen yet.

I think after about... 8 or 9 months it wore thin a little, ML got silly with team spirit and I reached the limitations of the game in terms of seeing everything it had to deliver but I won't forget the excitement of seeing and doing a bunch of things for the first time. I'll shout out below to my first ever goal scored in ML that year. The shot is imperfect and the trajectory wasn't a laser guided bullet like we see now with 4738mph shots. But it brought out a great flailing dive and was such a satisfying goal.

2018 and 2019 just don't bring that same level of excitement

TL;DR - keep talking about PES2017 guys!

Interested to know if @PRO_TOO or even Chris likes the contextual cynical foul thing now they've tried it. They both had reservations but for me, I think it works really well and pretty much does exactly what I want it to at the time of pressing it. I think it's a great addition

Pro_too is completely right about PES2017. Out of any game in the last few years it has the most acceptable flaws. I could take about that game all day, best version of pes on the PS4

2018 and 2019 just don't bring that same level of excitement

TL;DR - keep talking about PES2017 guys!
Completely agree, 2017 is the last modern PES that i really enjoyed and really felt like the AI would keep me on my toes during each game. 2016 to me, was pretty shambolic because the AI exhibited the first signs of that magic counter attack phenomenon that started to take the piss in 2019 where as soon as you'd lose possession, All the AI need was 2 or 3 direct passes and they're already in prime goal-scoring position - Combined with the unacceptable goalkeeping of that game, You had a real drab dud. 2017 was a dream come true when it came to the AI and the diversity of play in general.

I went off on a bit of a tangent there but anyway, Great podcast, @PRO_TOO comes of as very upbeat and optimistic and is generally a nice change of pace with the podcast. Great show as usual.

Question to all those who's episodes have been released: Have you listened to your own interviews back?

Or did you lend your voice and are happy leaving that to the sands of digital time for others to enjoy because you don't experience "Eurgh, Do i really sound like that!" syndrome?

We want jay we want jay! :D (well i do at least, maybe because i am nuts) looking forward to this, however you are all doing a sterling (not raheem) job, well done.:TU:

To be fair mine is probably shit, I originally wanted it to be very musical but my ass fell out of my trousers. I do want to do a monthly football/gaming podcast with @Chris Davies but he's gone into hiding.

Or did you lend your voice and are happy leaving that to the sands of digital time for others to enjoy because you don't experience "Eurgh, Do i really sound like that!" syndrome?

Does that still happen even after What'sApp implemented voice messages?
Who here can lift up their hand and say they've never listened to one (or many) of their own messages on WA?.

When is this coming back Christopher? :YAWN:
I took a week off podcast editing because of work problems; my time between October and March next year is going to disappear. I might not even be on here very much as of next month. (Hooray, I hear you cry.)

However, hoping to get the next one up this Sunday night / Monday night UK time. No promises.

I took a week off podcast editing because of work problems; my time between October and March next year is going to disappear. I might not even be on here very much as of next month. (Hooray, I hear you cry.)

However, hoping to get the next one up this Sunday night / Monday night UK time. No promises.

This makes me sad.

Reactions: mjp
We've got a fast talker on this one!
Great :D Love MMB's content.
He's the definition of a true PES player at heart. I don't think anyone knows what each version of PES offers better than him.
Thanks Chuny, appreciate the kind words, Sorry if i was too fast to understand - I don't even realise i do it most of the time!

I'm a bit of a PES nerd when it comes to PES pre 2017. The last few years just seem like an unremarkable blur for the series..

Oh don't worry! I'm a hip-hop head, a rap music fan, I understood every word you said my man :D
:LOL:

"for the real slim chuny, please stand up...!" :BOP:
giphy.gif

great episode so far (i'm 30 min. in)... man, these insights! really nice conversation! and i'm so hard agreeing on the first topics!!
i'm constantly thinking "call the cops on the mafia"! ;) next thought: "pro, you havent been listening to some Busta Rhymes for some time!" :D
love it!!! cant wait to finish this on my way home from work later that day.

For the non-english speakers.. Can we make an interview in scripted text chat and than Chris hire a stunt-man or a doppelgänger to recite (DUB) our answers??? :P :D :P

P.S.: After listening @rockstrongo episode for 3rd time, i insist that the Lucasfilm Ltd. should hire him to voice Darth Vader in the future Star Wars films. Dude your voice looks pretty much similar to Sir James Earl Jones! It is so charismatic! Thumbs up, my respect for you raised x10 after this listening. :)

Last edited:
Oh don't worry! I'm a hip-hop head, a rap music fan, I understood every word you said my man :D
Funny you should mention that, I'm a rapper too haha. If anyone wants their ears to bleed i'll share my SoundCloud page. :P

great episode so far (i'm 30 min. in)... man, these insights! really nice conversation! and i'm so hard agreeing on the first topics!!
i'm constantly thinking "call the cops on the mafia"! ;) next thought: "pro, you havent been listening to some Busta Rhymes for some time!" :D
love it!!! cant wait to finish this on my way home from work later that day.
I'm glad you've been enjoying it, I don't know if i speak for others who have been interviewed but there's always a part of me that thinks "Man, I hope that was good and engaging enough" and bearable to listen to haha.

So if at least a couple of people enjoyed it then i'm happy. Chris was a delight to talk to and made me feel so relaxed and there didn't seem to be a conflict of interest there either. Great host.

Back
Top Bottom