(PODCAST) The Evo-Web Interviews

Here we go! Penetrate me (ears) gentlemen!

soundcloud.com/anthonymafia

Now show me yours.. ;))

Absolutely dope!!!!!
Love the beats (boombap-ish) and you got a nice flow!
Imma keep on listening.

We should have collabed!

here (it´s German though):

Also did some english tracks which I would have to search first on my comp.

Sorry for derailing the thread...

on topic:
I´m at Matt10´s interview at the moment.
Can´t wait to listen to PRO_TOO
Keep it going :)

Here we go! Penetrate me (ears) gentlemen!

soundcloud.com/anthonymafia

Now show me yours.. ;))
Awesome mate!!
So I wasn’t to far off with my Busta Rhymes comment! :D
Nice beats and vocals... will listen to this in detail later that week!!

Did a simple rap song (more a few lines) for a friends birthday with some auto tune app on iPhone (and man, rapping in English is tough if it isn’t your native lang.). Yeah, same level I play real football on! :LOL:
Anyway, she liked it very much!

@chiefrocka4real Nice, very polished flow, Checked out some of your other stuff on your channel. Thanks for the kind words too @PRO_TOO

Finished @jaygrim episode and really enjoyed it. You've got a very charismatic Mancunian (I assume?) accent and i loved the chemistry between you and Chris. There's a recurring theme in these shows: Almost everyone grew up on or was introduced to the series during it's PS1 & PS2 era and the direction of the series was completely different. Sincere, Charming and a love letter to Football.

They were critical successes that respected the fundamentals and got them right. Now it's gone in the opposite direction where the last few installments on current gen have been unremarkable and unfulfilling. We're a completely different generation now - One where we completely adore and long for deep gameplay and replay-ability yet there's a new generation that just want a fast, vapid distraction. PES 2020 has so far been a decent compromise but the annual bait & switch of the demo & full game just surprises me less every year and is a component in harming the confidence of the customer ~ The fan.

Okay - it's been a while... but here you go, guys.

This is a big one, for two reasons:

A) It's the season finale.

B) It's three hours long and we get into football fans, gambling and more.

It's one of my favourite episodes, because it gets pretty deep.

Episode Nine is available now.
Starring @Flipper the Priest

Enjoy, guys - and spread the word if you like it.

Checking it out right now guys :)
The price sticker on the nintendo game is crazy!
That just goes to show how stable you economy is, despite political problems.

Here... back in the Super Mario 3 day, a game would cost $50, but now... PS4 games cost 1500.
Literally.

Okay - it's been a while... but here you go, guys.

This is a big one, for two reasons:

A) It's the season finale.

B) It's three hours long and we get into football fans, gambling and more.

It's one of my favourite episodes, because it gets pretty deep.

Episode Nine is available now.
Starring @Flipper the Priest

Enjoy, guys - and spread the word if you like it.
Finally getting through this one (half way through). Brilliant discussion. I can relate to the part where you both discuss the anomaly of altering a games intended direction via sliders and buying a game to play it not to fix it. I completely agree now i'm older and don't have the time to fart around with tweaking things or spending more half my free time in the edit mode like i used to.

We're in a generation now where those of us that grew up with that ritual are too old and pressed for time to do it and the younger generation can't fathom a world without the digital convenience of downloading option files (Which is still mildly inconvenient for some but a luxury compared to what we had to go through and import from Play Asia to get onto our memory cards.)

I thought so, but it seemed odd to me that KCET would have a T for Tokyo (a city) and KCEJ would have a J for Japan (a country)...
There were more. I recall some Osaka KCEO etc. More info here: here. I assume all these separate divisins were either a usual tax-evasion trick, or maybe it was just 90's creativity, when the inspiration could not be limited in only one development division, so they kept so many different teams. Of course in our current-era microtrans era this sounds very "romantic".
Back to episode, i made 3 trials until now, it is very difficult for a nom-english speaker, cause the discussion has much content and is obviously 3 hours. LAST night i reached until the "ice-cream point", but i got lost aftertgis, so i must restart next time. ;)

I want to give some special credit here to @Flipper the Priest , cause we share same footy back story, as i was a Nintendo fanboy too and from 2000 until 2002 that i bought a second hand PS1 and a iss pro evo copy, i was working around with the ISS series , iss+deluxe for snes and iss64/98/2000 in the 3D era!!!!
For me these two groups of fans, issPRo-earlyPES and true-ISS was always like the marvel teams of mutants X-Men and X-Factor. Everyone knows them, but only few can name the differences. :)

Last edited:
Also in addition to my last sentence, since 2004 that i read forums , i always expected an elite war or vendetta between PES fans and ISS fans of the first period, late 90's. You know a war about who has the more elite status, those who start with the quote "I am very old pes player since the iss pro 98" VS those who post "Old pes player here since the ISS snes", about who is the more "elitist " :P but it never happened.
Jokes aside it would be cult!!!! :D

Last edited:
On my way back home, I had an idea.
Why not all meet using the discord app and have a chat! All the evo-web interview guests come together for the “grand final”!

I had a blast listening to all of the episodes! And the most common denominator for me seems to be the love for football (the sport) and passion for the series (the game)! Still there was personality and genuine opinions from each guest involved in every episode.

Versatile opinions (diversity) on the topic was key to make it something special!!
:LOVE:

So many times I was listening to the podcast and wish I could through in my point of view.
I can imagine it could be hard to manage that 10 people chat. But let’s give it a f’in try! Like you should do on 2020! ;)

And i can only think positive of having us all come together, chat, discuss and have fun! For us AND, most important, for our fellow mates here in the community!! ...and beyond! :D

Last edited:
Finally for tonight, users, guests, ladies and gentlemen: please lend us an ear! And if you liked it, hit the appropriate button! ;)

The journey starts here:
https://anchor.fm/evo-web/

And yes, I know you liked the interviews or want to add your own thoughts, so spent like 2 minutes of you life and give it a rating! and/or comment! ;)

on iOS:
How to leave a rating or review for a podcast from your iPhone or iDevice
  1. On your iOS mobile device, launch Apple's Podcast app.
  2. Tap the Search tab in the lower right corner of the screen.
  3. Enter the name of the podcast you want to rateor review. ...
  4. Tap the Reviews tab, then tap “Write a Review” at the bottom of the screen.

on Android:
To Rate the podcast, click the number of stars {maybe 5?} and you're done! To review the podcast, click the 'Write a Review' button under the heading 'Customer Reviews'. A pop-up window will appear and you can leave as much detailed feedback as you'd like to along with your star rating.

For podcasts you subscribe to
  1. From your Library page, choose Podcasts from the drop-down menu on the left. ...
  2. Select the podcast you'd like to review from the list.
  3. Click the icon with three dots.
  4. Choose Show in iTunes Store from the drop-down menu.
  5. From the Store page, select the Ratings and Reviews link.

Thank you, aaaand goood night!! :BYE:

Last edited:
This looks interesting, probably won't listen to them all so if there is any which you guys think the content is better than the rest please share and I'll get on it.

This looks interesting, probably won't listen to them all so if there is any which you guys think the content is better than the rest please share and I'll get on it.
The Flipper the Priest episode is much deeper (longer) than the others, goes into retro PES and we talk a bit about things like gambling in football. That was one of my favourites.

If you're after something shorter but retro PES themed, from people who have had a view behind the scenes over the years, the B-man episode and the checkmate10 episode are great for that.

For more about the modern games, and a bit of online play - janguv's one is a good pick.

Back
Top Bottom