Pokémon Games

Oli

Gooner
1 September 2002
London
Arsenal
Might aswell have a thread on Pokemon Diamond/Pearl.

Anyone know where the first gym is? Which town is it in I've been in the first big modern city but couldnt find one there..

It's through the cave by the looks of it, with the guy just outside the cave saying he's "on his way" to the gym.

Anybody played online yet? I'm taking my time on it, I don't want to finish it in a week...

There's an online battle centre, an online trading post (where you're supposed to be able to get any kind of Pokémon you want - as long as you have a decent Pokémon to swap), and I believe there's a few other things as well.

There's an online battle centre, an online trading post (where you're supposed to be able to get any kind of Pokémon you want - as long as you have a decent Pokémon to swap), and I believe there's a few other things as well.
Yo Jack, can you have a online battle in the game.

Like the question i wrote on the DS thread: what is the online feature like on the game?

I only know what I've already put basically - you can battle online, you can battle against randoms or against mates if you have their friend codes, and you can trade using a search or using friend codes to see your mate's Pokémon. There's more, but I haven't seen it all yet (something to do with the "underground" I think...?).

I'm still taking my time on it so I'm not up to the online bits yet, but I've seen the girlfriend having a battle. There's even a voice feature, meaning that it's like XBOX Live - when the battle starts you can hear eachother. Which is a good thing AND a bad thing. You get enough trash talking from 8-year-olds on Gears Of War, the last thing you want is the kids who play Pokémon going "I'm gonna fuck up your Pikachu you little bitch, let's dance".

There's more, but I haven't seen it all yet (something to do with the "underground" I think...?).
If you get the GBA pokemon games and insert them into the GBA port on the DS, you can upload all those pokemon into the DS game.

How do I find my DS Friend Code? I wanna add people to my Pal Pad to trade/battle etc

Edit: I went through some door in a Wi-Fi club and set my DS and card together, but didn't give me any number or code :(

Got it! "Go downstairs in the PokeCenter and talk to the people at the counter to activate your Pal Pad. Then go to your key items in your bag and look for Pal Pad."

My friend code is 0301 6270 2651 if anyone wants to add me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i must have missed something about pokemon over the years, but can this game seriously be played and enjoyed by a 34-year-old?

i tried it on my gba about 3-4 years ago, but it didn't really hold any appeal for me - am i missing something?

Well I'm 26 and I have good fun playing it :) I guess if you like RPG games, and like collecting stuff then Pokemon is good for you :)

I bought a Wii with ten games, I bought a few 360 games, and bugger me I haven't touched them since Pokémon Diamond/Pearl came out. I should have saved my money.

Brilliant game, I'm just trying to defeat the first gym leader at the minute. His Pokémon are the rock type, which are weak to grass and water types but strong against bug, fire and flying types (obv n00bz LOL ROFLMAO!!!1!1!), and I started off with Chimchar (aka Firemonkey). Seeing as the only other Pokémon I've picked up so far are a bug type, a flying type and a rock type, it's not looking good. They're all level 12 and I still can't beat the guy.

Something else I love about the game is how you get different Pokémon in the early morning, afternoon, late afternoon, evening and late evening. So far I've only had time to play once in the late afternoon and three times in the late evening, so I'll have to try and play it now before it gets dark in-case there's any leaf or water types hanging around that I can catch.

Nintendo are the masters at this. Gotta Catch 'Em All!

EDIT: I've started again now because I've seen what Turtwig evolves into - the anti-Blastoise. WOAH. Gotta have that.

Friend Codes:
Jack Bauer: 1804 8662 6730
Jack Bauer's girlfriend (she's forcing me to put it on here): 0645 2250 9917

Last edited:
I managed to beat the first gym boss relatively easily using Ember attack and Rock Smash(using Chimchar as the starting Pokemon but he's since evolved) and my pokemon is at level 14. Didn't use any other pokemon as they're all naff hehe. But using rock attacks against rock pokemon is super-effective too Jack ;)

I want this on Wii, I don't have a DS anymore and I really want to play it. :p

It would work mostly fine on a TV I think, the Wii remote would act as the stylus and they could spliit the screen in two.

Not going to happen though, maybe they will release a DS player like they did with the GBA and GameCube (I think).

Having so much fun on this - don't have time for anything else. Games or otherwise. :mryellow:

I tried using that Global Trade Station (although I keep calling it World Trade Centre by mistake, which is getting me a few funny looks)... I put up a Lv 10 Budew asking for a Pikachu in exchange, thinking "there's nothing I really want so I'll just ask for him", and the next day, I go back to the GTS and there's a Pikachu waiting for me!!

Absolutely brilliant game - this is what gaming is all about, to me. You can have your 3D explosions and ultra-realistic facial expressions, all I want is something fun, global and extremely addictive.

After I've finished this I'm going to be getting stuck into Super Paper Mario, Nintendo have grabbed me by the balls this year!

You couldnt have said it better. Its funny how something thats basically got the same power as a N64 is so fun in a world where everything else is so much more advanced.

Is the GTS the Union Room in the Pokemon centres?

Everytime I've gone into the Union Room there's nobody there, and I've got no idea how to put pokemon up for trade :(

The GTS is the buliding in the second town (I forget the name), where you have your first gym battle. It's towards the bottom of the town, off to the right. It's a pain in the arse to keep travelling back to, but it's worth it if you get what you're after.

I've got no idea how you use anything in the Pokémon centers online - the features in them may only be for local use.

Bah I can only seek certain pokemon, seemingly the ones I've came across already. Did you come across Pikachu before you went to the GTS?

Ah that'll be why! I thought Pikachu was meant to be some really rare Pokemon? At least thats what I gathered when he first came out and became popular. Maybe he's more common as Pokemon has gotten older...

Interesting that you can trade Pokemon with friends in the Union Room but to trade worldwide you have to go to the GTS ... why didn't they put a GTS in more towns I wonder.

How's everyone doing on this?

Just beat Cyrus, in a TWO-HOUR (!) battle. My Pokémon were ten levels lower than his, so I was constantly using revives and potions (and I think there were two ten-minute coffee breaks in there as well). Had so much fun though, definitely the best Pokémon battle I've had to date.

Went on to get the eighth badge after that (which surprisingly enough only took ten minutes), and I'm gutted that (for the gym-battles at least) it's all over.

It's one of those games that you can't put down but when you finish it you're genuinely sad that you couldn't, because you wanted it to last forever. Usually with games I don't finish them for months, but in the last 12 months there's been three exceptions to that rule; Gears Of War, Rainbow Six and Pokémon Diamond.

I might have to get Pokémon Pearl so I can do it all again... It really is worth it.

So judging by this thread it will be worth it on my part to dish out $129.99 for a Nintendo DS and another $35 for one of the games?

I'm stuck in that town with the contests, the gym leader is AWOL and wont come back til I do something? I've won a contest already and got the ribbon for it, am I supposed to do something else? Or go to another town? Theres a route going south but some reporter is blocking it and wont move, so I'm guessing I need to do something to make the gym leader appear.

Back
Top Bottom