Poker Fans

walsh_daryl

Non-League
4 June 2003
England
Poker is fast becoming a big game, i recently played in a poker school tournament 4 tables 40 people. Ive played poker before but not on proper tables and not with proffesional dealers, it was a really good night started at 6 and finished at 12 me and 5 of my mates played in it, and me and 4 of them got to the final table. I won it!! the bloke who i went head to head with at the end went all in without looking at his cards!! and i had king and 2 suited so i jus went for it and ended up winning it on a shitty hand, i won a £400 plasma tv. I recommend it to anyone who hasnt played, its better than internet poker!! And does anyone know the odds of getting a royal flush because i got it in 1st round?? I think i had lady luck on my side!
 
G

ghazi

Guest
Seems like everyone is playing Texas Hold Em poker. I love it. My buddies play like 2-3 times per week, but i only join in about twice a month. Been on a tear lately, winning 3 of the last 4. We get anywhere from 7-15 guys laying down $40-$60, so the winner can often walk away with more than $450.
 
B

Black

Guest
walsh_daryl said:
Poker is fast becoming a big game, i recently played in a poker school tournament 4 tables 40 people. Ive played poker before but not on proper tables and not with proffesional dealers, it was a really good night started at 6 and finished at 12 me and 5 of my mates played in it, and me and 4 of them got to the final table. I won it!! the bloke who i went head to head with at the end went all in without looking at his cards!! and i had king and 2 suited so i jus went for it and ended up winning it on a shitty hand, i won a £400 plasma tv. I recommend it to anyone who hasnt played, its better than internet poker!! And does anyone know the odds of getting a royal flush because i got it in 1st round?? I think i had lady luck on my side!
what game were you playing and i'll tell you the odds
 

Tim7

Retired Footballer
6 May 2003
Gravesend
Charlton Athletic FC
I like playing Texas Hold Em No Limit poker. Only been playing against the computer at the moment, just learning the game really.

Would love to play in a real casino for money with real people though, I imagine it's a real buzz.
 
G

ghazi

Guest
Tim7 said:
I like playing Texas Hold Em No Limit poker. Only been playing against the computer at the moment, just learning the game really.

Would love to play in a real casino for money with real people though, I imagine it's a real buzz.
Baby, you can't imagine the rush of it all. I just played in a Casino for the first time two nights ago in Atlantic City at Caeser's Palace with about 6 buddies at a ten man table.

We played 1-2$ blinds and it was no-limit Texas hold em, with a maximum table buy in of $300. I sat there for 7 hours straight!! I was having a blast and my aggressive raising before the flop had me KO'g people left and right. I musta singlehandledly knocked about 6 players off the table by night's end. I was catching great cards, too, so that helped alot.

I was up to about $350 on only a $100 buy in, but my goal was to play until i lost my money instead of making a profit. I just wanted to play a real table all night long and get the experience of bluffing and playing loose. I learned alot and lost it all *somewhat intentionally8 by the end of the night.

The experience was priceless and i will use my wisodm when i hit Vegas in a few weeks.
 

Mack

Champions League
8 August 2003
Manchester
MCFC
I play it a fair bit on party poker only the play money tables like! but it is against other human opponents! I usually finish in the top three every time but i know it wont be the same when using real money!
 

Nickybaker

You want SEVEN?
15 October 2003
Essex
The one and only Arsenal
jamie_mack said:
I play it a fair bit on party poker only the play money tables like! but it is against other human opponents! I usually finish in the top three every time but i know it wont be the same when using real money!
I've been doing that on paddy power poker but I played a load of fotty mates the other day and your strategy really does change. On the play poker I usually think fuck it and just dive in.
 

Ike

permaninizated
18 March 2003
The party poker world tour (or whatever it is) is on German sports tv every night these days, very interesting to watch! That arrogant Ulliot guy is such a freak.
 
G

ghazi

Guest
Sweet. I just found out that a casino about 20 minutes from my office has a Texas Hold Em poker tournament every wednesday at noon. . .looks like i'll be working a half day one of these weeks.
 
G

ghazi

Guest
Yeah. Bluffing is a much bigger deal (as is reading your opponents) in NL games because at any rate you can risk all your chips to chase a pot.

With Limit games, alot of people will stay in with shitty pocket cards because seeing the flop or the other cards is guaranteed to be a certain amount or guaranteed to only be raised by a certain amount.

What happens is that a guy with a 10-7 offsuit will likely fold before the flop in NL poker. But in Limit poker, he'll possibly stay in, knowing the raises wont be too high, if any, to see the flop. . . .and of course he'll catch a 10-7 on the flop and beat out your pocket aces and send you home in a rage. lol.
 

Mack

Champions League
8 August 2003
Manchester
MCFC
Cheers Ghazi i think ill stick to NL! Ive persuaded a few mates to come to a casino on Friday night my first taste of real play, do all Casino run NL and PL? Its a pitty we cant organise some king of internet tournement for us Evo Webbers!
 

Tim7

Retired Footballer
6 May 2003
Gravesend
Charlton Athletic FC
Yeah, an Evo Poker Den would be good :mryellow:

Thanks for explaining about No Limit and Pot Limit ghazi :)

I think it will just be NL for me from now on!
 

CW

C Dub
Founding Member
6 October 2001
Liverpool
I would be up for an internet Poker tourny, one that wouldnt cost me any money anyway. I know what kind of scam atrists we have on the site ;)
 

denirobob

IBERIAN PRIMERA
28 June 2002
Henley, Oxfordshire
hello chaps,

i wonder if any of you could help me please.

Ive got my first poker session tonight (texas hold em - £10 buy in) so its hardly high roller type stuff but I've still been trying to get to grips with the game.

I have been playing this PC game when this scenario unfolded that I don't understand...



Im the guy at the bottom with triple aces but somehow i didnt win ??

cheers

db
 

Ad16

Premiership
13 November 2006
What kel said.

It was looking good for you with those pocket aces. But when 5-3-7 came out, and people stayed in, it was likely someone had a straight possibility. Though if the 4 wasn't turned on the river, you would've won the hand with your 3 of a kind.
 
Last edited:

Ad16

Premiership
13 November 2006
You don't have to use both pocket cards. Which means he can choose to combine just one of his cards (in this case the 6) with any of the four on the table (5-3-7-4).

The King is worth nothing in this game. So he can disregard it on this occasion.
 
Top Bottom