• Can't Remember

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

embraceuk1

Original Member Since 2001
30 December 2001
Indiana USA (Scottish)
Nottingham Forest
Cannot believe my ears listening to BBC five live 606 after the england 5-0 win and also on Sun.

Ppl saying Lampard should be dropped and the best part was when these fans were saying Beckham and Bowyer lol should be brought back to replace him.
Now to complain about his performances is one thing but you know its just plain BS when Beckham is wanted back etc.

The Presenter was spot on on Saturdays show when he was saying its mostly Liverpool, Man Unt fans or fans who cant stand Chelsea and Lampard is taking the brunt of this as any excuse to have a go at Chelsea.

It reminds me when listening to talk sport and 606 after the N Ireland Defeat England were never going to win the world cup and Sven should automatically resign.
Then England beat a very poor Poland to qualify and 4 days later the fans are saying they are going to win the world cup.

I know the Media has a high responsibility for this but a lot of English fans should take a look at their support and wonder why they never play consistent and win anything.

I think Mauranus will attack again on this thread too just for piss off the English. :lol:

yes I think so. But to be fair to us English fans, I doubt you've listened too and understood foreign radio talkshows ;) They could just be as bad.

Talksport, Five Live, the Sun etc. They are well known for such fickle and well...moronic comments. Just don't listen to them! They are all for closest football fans. The prawn sandwitch brigade....etc

When i was at the Brazil game yesterday, they were reading out the names of the players, and people like Kaka and Riquelme got loud cheers, yet when someone like Maicon, Sobis, Bilos etc were annoucened, people were mouthing..."who".

There isn't a great deal of knowledge in the UK. The BBC just does Premier League Highlights, and the England games are done by Motson, who probably hasn't seen a game not involving an English team, in his entire life. And some of the pundits are just as bad (Shearer, Hansen etc) And then Sky dominates the live games, and then focuses all of their La Liga attention on Real Madrid and Barca.

We're just as fickle as other fans. People down the pub have to think of something to say, and so they go for something controversial, and say Beckham should be brought back in because he's plays for Madrid, or something daft like that.

But its the lack of world footballing knowledge in this country that is extremely alarming.

We have smaller channels that show highlights and live games of the Eredivisie, ligue 1, Seria A etc. But they are on small channels with little exposure and often the programs get shoved up to 1.00am on the shedule.
We do tend to over-rate our players (Lampard). But i think its because we really want to be back in the big time winning trophies and having recognition on the world stage.

Players like Lampard are of a very high class, but he's not the 2nd best player in the world. He did have a very good season the year he got such accolades, but so did people like Forlan, and unsung heros in the smaller leagues.

embraceuk1 said:
Cannot believe my ears listening to BBC five live 606 after the england 5-0 win and also on Sun.

Ppl saying Lampard should be dropped and the best part was when these fans were saying Beckham and Bowyer lol should be brought back to replace him.
Now to complain about his performances is one thing but you know its just plain BS when Beckham is wanted back etc.

The Presenter was spot on on Saturdays show when he was saying its mostly Liverpool, Man Unt fans or fans who cant stand Chelsea and Lampard is taking the brunt of this as any excuse to have a go at Chelsea.

It reminds me when listening to talk sport and 606 after the N Ireland Defeat England were never going to win the world cup and Sven should automatically resign.
Then England beat a very poor Poland to qualify and 4 days later the fans are saying they are going to win the world cup.

I know the Media has a high responsibility for this but a lot of English fans should take a look at their support and wonder why they never play consistent and win anything.

No I think people like you are the ones that are fickle, you brand a nation with the words of one or even a few men. Like I said before talksports and the likes are full of idiots that call in. All these radio stations are the same, look in the mirror before you look else where.

To be honestit happens in all countries...when the Belgian national team is playing in Anderlecht's stadium, Club Brugge players are often the scapegoats...
But i have the impression that the English tabloids are the worst papers in the world. I once was a student in communicartion and i had to study the Englis press. Papers like the Independent and th eGuardian are amongthebest papers in the world, but the tabloids are awfull.

Concerning some English fans: i have the distinct impression that they only value the foriegn players who are playing in the Premiership... for example lots of English fans never could admit that Larsson was one the best FW's of the world...

we should make a forum that says most foreigners dive most of the match and still say there the best so foreigners are stupid fans that beileve diving is right

I totally agree with Peter Eyres' points, we just don't have enough coverage of other leagues on main stream television. I personally try to have a knowledge on a wide range of leagues, but when I try and talk to my mates about them, they just have no idea, even with top leagues such as Serie A, I doubt they could say who Luca Toni played for and might just be able to say what happened in Italy over the summer. Then when the Champions League kicks off they're suddenly experts on whatever team is playing. It just makes it embarrassing to be English sometimes.

Yes, the fans of the bigger English teams do tend to be worse, Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal and even Liverpool have a lot of amazingly fickle fans, the smaller teams seem to have more modest fans who are a lot more realistic on their teams performances etc.

tbh...i dont think english fans are fickle as such. You get fickle fans all around the world. I think its down to the english media, in particular the tabloids. Everything seems so over exaggerated and unpredictable....i guess thats what the tabloids do! one minute, its a smear campaign against peter crouch, the next, he's a national hero!

Trezeguet is overrated imo, but certainly not shit.
As for Lumplard... please don't get me started on that fuckwit.

RuneEdge said:
Yeah! Lets go off topic for a bit and pick on that guy. ;) :lol:

And it wasn't you RuneEdge??? Maybe there was a rumour at the time that Glazier United was interested in both players....
I don't want to offend you, but you seem the archetype of a fickle and short minded fan...could only be an impression though...

English fans are short minded generally. Nationalism totally messes up with their capability to watch soccer with some sense on their brains.

Wanna a clue?
Remember the World Cup.
Remember the Whole "Cristiano Vs Rooney" incident on how a brutal tackle by one of the ugliest agressive (and stupid) bulldogs in the english team was turned into a "cristiano is a prick" campaign.
Remember how, from then on, english wen't all over portuguese about diving.

Now watch this video and pay particular attention to the first moment in which Wayne Rooney appears (there are many, he is a star on this compilation, but check out his first "clean" moment).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt0RU93PZuY&eurl=

in the end you laugh. I did.

Back
Top Bottom