Poll: So what do you think of PES6?

How do you rate PES6?

• The Doom Merchants Are Right, It Is Rubbish?

Votes: 33 27.3%
  • I Love It , Much Better than PES5

Votes: 88 72.7%

• Total voters
It's alright, the graphics are not all that, some players look crap (Rooney, Hleb & many more) so not having edit mode is lame. It's the first time i've played a footy game with 360 controller so dribbling/running is a bit frustrating at the mo. Music is mainly the same (crap), the formation screen is not as good, the stadiums don't look much different & there's only 8 of them. The crowds look completely lame, most of them are wearing the same colour clothes etc.

I dunno yet. I am not to impressed with the fact that you can't creat a new team on the Master League mode, I wanted to use Mike FC, but am stuck with bloody PES United, ir a proper team :( boo.

Played a few games with my bro though, and enjoyed it alot, despite neither of us being able to shoot anywhere near the goal.

I have to say I aihnt getting any slowdown or anything :) I love it.. I dont care what anyone else thinks now I LOVE IT±! :PPPPPP

I just strung together about 15 passes with Inter, resulting in a Figo cross from just past the halfway line that ibrahimovich volleyed and sent fizzing and I mean FIZZING just over from about 25 years out, I would have came in my pants if it had went in, the way he pivoted and struck the ball... the animation was so sweet..... aww man... I fuckin love this game.... :D

Still undecided on it really. I loved PES5 a load, but this year it seems maybe PES has taken a step or two back. Losing edit mode is rubbish really, can't see any logical reason why they removed that. I just scored a cracking goal from the sideline to lob the keeper (meant to be a cross, but still a great goal hehe) and then remembered unlike PES5, I couldn't save the replay :(

Both PES6 and FIFA have their good points and its worth people buying both, never thought I'd say it but FIFA could even be better than PES for a change! I like FIFA's multi-directional running, and I especially like the feeling of a big pitch which makes it easier to pass the ball about and keep possession (I feel PES6 has a smaller pitch and get the feeling of being over-cramped and closed down FARRR too quickly). I'm gonna hold my judgement for a week or two and see which game I come back to more often.

Still undecided just now, but I am underwhelmed by it when compared to PES5 which I've been playing on the PC for the last year or so.

The one big thing i hate is the way the players turn at first i thought it was the 360 pads but its just as bad on the Ps2

Just played a couple of games at work :-) initial reaction to playing on the 360 is, it's very easy on the eye and plays very smoothly. I can see i'm gonna have many an hour enjoying this new masterpeice.

PS Great to have my beloved Juve in there

GOOD - slightly improved visuals

BAD - Goalies rubbish
- Change of direction too slow
- Sprinting too slow, 360 pad doesn't help. hard to press RT 3 times to get the full sprint.
- Ref not giving fouls when they are fouls! getting tackled, they miss the ball and get me (its more interupting my stride), i lose my balance, they get the ball, no foul!!!

I'm really liking it, after my first game i was like "...this plays a bit...oddly" But i've had 5-10 matches now and i'm really enjoying it, it's a lot more controlled, you have to build up to score really.

What i am enjoying though, is that if you're putting a lot of pressure on the opposition defence they're more likely to give the ball away cheaply - good AI!!!

loving it :)

ripkord said:
I just strung together about 15 passes with Inter, resulting in a Figo cross from just past the halfway line that ibrahimovich volleyed and sent fizzing and I mean FIZZING just over from about 25 years out, I would have came in my pants if it had went in, the way he pivoted and struck the ball... the animation was so sweet..... aww man... I fuckin love this game.... :D

I'm with you on this one, first time passes, even first time long passes are more easily achieved allowing for some flowing football - the AI is greatly enhanced and the opposition play a much better game too.

The shooting feels instinctive to me, I scored a great goal that would never have been possible on PES5.

Saying all that, I'm in no way saying it's easier as I'm only playing on Amateur after being whooped in my first game on the next level up (can't remember what it's called).

My only gripe so far is that I don't like how the throw in sequence is started - there's like a millisecond blip then all of a sudden everyone is in position. But even throw-ins are now more like real life football and not rugby line ups or whatever they're called.

Roll on tomorrow, I have a new 40" LCD arriving in the morning and have the day off work to enjoy the official release date in peace and quiet!

It's a slower pace of game than PES5 for sure, but I like that. I'm still able to use that burst of pace with the quicker players too. I'd perhaps like a pace of game somewhere between this and 5, but you really do have to build up the play on this game more. Multi-player isn't quite as manic as it can be, which may or may not be a good thing.

For me though I wasn't going to buy the 360 version at all, until I saw it being played in store on HD. It looked great, and I had to get it. I'm going to get the PS2 version today as well, because I have to be able to tweak, and edit. The PS2 verison will be for my Master Leaguing and Premiershipping, and the 360 version I can use to play with their licensed teams (which look fantastic, the un-licensed look like turd). Fifa my bro's getting, but that will end up being pants as always.

One thing I don't like, is YET ANOTHER feature axed from the game, and that's the match stats at the end, all the individual player stats, like passes made etc and match ratings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yep, the hi-res and progressive scan makes the visuals MUCH better than on my Xbox or PS2 being upscaled by my tv.

BAD - Goalies rubbish

Can't really say I've noticed this on Top Player, if you are playing with the best strikers in the game then you would expect them to be scoring goals, right?

Learn how to use the new dribbling system properly, that's all that can be said about that really. There's a button you can press to turn quickly and take players on when they are close and it works fantastically well.

- Sprinting too slow, 360 pad doesn't help. hard to press RT 3 times to get the full sprint.

Eh, no, not if you do it properly. Eto'o is wonderfully quick, probably the fastest I've used so far with Cameroon, not even picked any of the big teams with the likes of Henry in them yet.

- Ref not giving fouls when they are fouls! getting tackled, they miss the ball and get me (its more interupting my stride), i lose my balance, they get the ball, no foul!!!

Can't say I've noticed this either but the fouls have always been a sticky point for Pro Evo so I'm assuming the same issues are there but shoulder challenges seem plentiful this time and they are legal in football, it's not a non-contact sport.

GOOD-
-Gameplay. As usual pick up and play feels like shite, 1hr later it feels like gold.
-Crowd ambience. Makes PES alot more enjoyable.
-HD, crystal clear, makes me not wanna go back to ps2 even though the graphics aren't really better.
-The dribbling feels nicer and although the turing is slower it feels like it benefits skillfull players and makes players quick pass.
-The way you can string passing moves together and create great chances.

BAD-
-Everything they removed, it feels like a chuffing demo
-The player changing. It automatically changes which player you control at the stupidest of times. I end having a player out of view sliding and then see him getting up from it cos the comp decided to pick him. Can you change it like on ps2?
-The shooting feels too heavy and weak and only sometimes can you hit hard shots from loose running balls.
-The slow passing can be annoying too cos it makes it so easy to intercept or takes to long to reach its destination.
-The loose players, you end up having players bouncing of each other and the ball spilling all over the place. Can happen about 5-6 times in a row if its crowded.
-The throwings how they flip into view is lame. Why not make a player pickup the ball, fade out and back in.
-The way the keeper catches most shots straight at him with the exact same dive.
- The textures of the graphics, look washed out and players look a bit lanky, They stand with the stupid hands like robots.
- Crowd, doesn't even watch the action, when your getting booked they are usually looking to the side.

Conclusion -
I think it's a letdown as a game overall however the gameplay feels great but only time will tell about the niggles etc.
Like i wrote earlier, it really does feel like a demo. It's like they removed everything and added the basics.
When you play a licenced team against unlicensed it looks out of place, edit mode really is a knife to the gut.
When you run it side by side with fifa rttwc it is piss poor looking and only the HD saves the grapics, the hair is stiff and looks poo.
Anyway, there is more worse than right but i will wait and see the next version when konami decide to release a actual game if things are gonna get better or worse.
If your a hardcore gameplay freak play it, if not it is in no way worth buying for 360.

This is the best game of football i have played. Its slightly slower than PES5, and feels more realistic. You can play a very nice passing game as well, and your team mates try to make more space. The graphics, whilst not incredible are very nice, and i prefer the grass texture to FIFA which i didnt think i would. The atmosphere is also very good, although they need to add more chants.

There are a lot of dissapointing things though. The manual says you can save replays by pressing X, but that doesnt work. There is slow down occasionly on corners. No one says Pro Evolution Soccer 6 when the game loads :) . A lot of the smaller feautures such as, changing the crowd attendance for home and away, quick scrolling when changing players etc have gone ... and what happened to Newcastles kit, someone nicked the stripes! It might still be in the game, but i havent seen anyone do a backheel, this was also strangely missing from FIFA.

Its mixed feelings, the game could have so much more, but the gameplay seems spot on, and overall im happy with it.

Had a great game England vs Turkey where i was loosing 0-2, scored a nice goal with Rooney with about 15mins to go, then equalised with a Rooney header from a corner because of poor marking. And then went on to win the game when Crouch burst in at the near post from a corner and headed it home

Best football game I have ever played (360 version). I was considering FIFA07 with all the bad things I read about this but it's all busllshit. This plays and looks like a dream. Simple as that.

bonus said:

Yep, the hi-res and progressive scan makes the visuals MUCH better than on my Xbox or PS2 being upscaled by my tv.

BAD - Goalies rubbish

Can't really say I've noticed this on Top Player, if you are playing with the best strikers in the game then you would expect them to be scoring goals, right?

Learn how to use the new dribbling system properly, that's all that can be said about that really. There's a button you can press to turn quickly and take players on when they are close and it works fantastically well.

Eh, no, not if you do it properly. Eto'o is wonderfully quick, probably the fastest I've used so far with Cameroon, not even picked any of the big teams with the likes of Henry in them yet.

Can't say I've noticed this either but the fouls have always been a sticky point for Pro Evo so I'm assuming the same issues are there but shoulder challenges seem plentiful this time and they are legal in football, it's not a non-contact sport.

Goalies favor their near post too much, try it in training and you'll see. shoot the other way and its a guarantted goal!

what button makes you turn quicker then? if you tell me that i'll be happy! :)

pick henry and tell me if thats rtealistic?

well i mean someone actually slides into me, misses the ball and i lose my balance for a few seconds and i lose the ball. shoulder tackle ok, but this isn't a shoulder tackle! at first i though the ref was playing advantage but no.

Thanks for your response :applause:

Last edited:
RT slows you down making tight turns easier, and i also think sprinting is a bit slow sometimes, although it can be easier to beat the defender because you can out muscle them as you sprint past.

I also need to mention long balls, and chip through balls which both seem a lot better than PES5. The through balls actually work for once! :)

Yep, right trigger is the one, your player will not run very fast in a single direction, but combinations of directions and using RT will leave defenders standing, and superb bursts of pace from this with players with fast acceleration will give you an excellent advantage over encroaching defenders.

RT is also a good button to push when you are trying to control the ball, it generally seems to give players much tighter control over the ball.

I've been able to outpace defenders no problem at all with players with their speed and acceleration in the low 80s, so I can only assume it depends on the pace of the defender and the dribbling pace of the player.

Maybe Henry's stats just aren't as good as they should be, I really don't know because I haven't even looked at him yet.

I'll need to try out the slides and getting away with it, sounds like a good technique to use on Live ;-).

I am sorry, but this game is really, really awful.

I dont understand why there are so many positive responses?? becuse there is nothing to be chuffed about!

Yes the graphics are nicer than the ps2 version, but not what they should be on the 360! or does anyone in here disagree with that!? because if so then you might as well own a ps2 instead.

For me the gameplay as been given a lame attempt of realism, which has failed badly, and results in some really lame features like players bouncing off one another like in the fifa games, and some really slow dodgy turning, which no matter how real it might look to some idiots, is not fun!

It is really S*** as F*** that we are stuck with London FC and all that crap. Why does the ps2 have full edit mode and 360 not?? why? why try and make the game realistic when you cant even play with any proper F****** teams!

NO challenge training
NO edit teams
NO edit player appearance
NO create own master league team
NO save replays
NO FUN!

This is not worth £40 Im sorry, I am taking it back. I am not even getting the pc/ps2 version, because that one is basically pes5 but worse. It doesnt even let you change shorts and socks combos. Ye good work konami....dig up last years version....make it worse.....and stick it on the shelves. Thanks konami for killing off your fantastic PES series.

I was wrong about this game, it's not superb . . .

IT'S FANTASTIC! Best footy game ever - it even looks gorgeous on my Sony (non-HD) tv. I am going to my mate's to try FIFA07 on the 360 later, he just phoned me to tell me how good it is and I am gonna buy that too if its good! FOOTY SEASON IS FINALLY HERE!

Back
Top Bottom