Pompski?

Professor Nutmeg

ML Fanatic
3 July 2002
Master League
This should be interesting over the next few months :mrgreen:

Portsmouth fans are daring to dream that Alexandre Gaydamak's takeover of the club could do for them what Roman Abramovich has done for Chelsea.

The 30-year-old businessman, the son of a Russian billionaire, is to become joint owner of the Premiership outfit alongside chairman Milan Mandaric.

And the Fratton Park faithful are already planning how manager Harry Redknapp will spend the £100m that will reportedly be made available for new signings.

But who is the man who has allegedly promised to make Portsmouth a Premiership giant?

Little is known about the younger Gaydamak, apart from the fact that he is based in London and has Russian and French citizenship.

A Portsmouth statement said: "Harry will have the full backing of Mr Alexandre Gaydamak and will continue to enjoy the full support of Milan Mandaric."

And if the promises of vast amounts of transfer money come to fruition, Redknapp - the famous wheeler and dealer, could have more money at his disposal than he has ever had previously.

When Redknapp left Portsmouth in November 2004, Mandaric revealed that in the previous 30 months the manager had spent just £11.5m on transfer fees, loan fees and appearance payments for 25 players.

He may now be able to spend that sum at once and on just one player.

Some of Gaydamak's cash will also be earmarked for the development of Fratton Park and the contruction of a Chelsea-style 'Pompey village' with apartments, restaurants and shops.

And with Portsmouth struggling at the wrong end of the table, Pompey fans will be hoping the money will be able to keep them in the Premiership.

If this continues in this away, we'll see EPL changing the name for RMPL (Russian Millionaire Premier League). :lol:

Well I'm guessing they dont want to jump right into the transfer market like what Chelsea did. Chelsea were already a half decent team. It will take a while to convince people to join Pompey.

Smirnoff Premier league :lol: :mrgreen:

Well they've already bought:

Olisadebe
Benjani
Pamarot
Pedro Mendes
Sean Davis

and probably few I'm forgettin right now as I'm not exactly sober lol, none are exactly world-class but descent players and they have come in numbers in January, it'd be interesting to see if they'll buy even more players.

They're taking this easy which is the only option. You cant turn Pompey into a CL contender over night. Chelsea on the other hand were already a team in Europe.

It'll be interesting to see this team's progress now. Cuz its pretty obvious that they will start low and slowly build up as their position in the league does too.

Yeah, that was a surprise. I thought he was a key player for VfL. But as you say, if he has a bad attitude. I didn't see him as a Harry type though. I thought he was going for Prem experience.

OPM, D' Allessandro is one of my all-time favourited in PES, as ridiculous as it may seem, i've never ever saw him play irl, not even on television.
What's wrong with his attittude????
I know when Gerets was manager in Wolfsburg, he had some problems with "the Argentinians"... (and i think there were 4 or 5 of them).

Think he's got a big head after being tracked by all the big clubs. But he's not really showing his talent. Just one of those arrogant footballers imo

Buying lots of (relative) high profile players may not help to stay up Prof.
Last year Juplier League club Mons bought lots of new high profile players (measured by Belgian standards) in winter transfer window and they still could not avoid relegation...
The team has to gel...and i don't think Portsmouth is in a position where they can afford to have time before having good results...it may proof to be too late..
I see parallels with Southampton last year....

That remains to be seen. I know people always say teams have to gel but its also unfair to suddenly say they WONT gel.

I cant wait to see the day all the top players saying they want to join portsmouth. With comments like'They such a big club and always wanted to play for them, harry redpknapp is a great man' lol.

"Manchester United forced me to sign for them, I really wanted to sign for Portsmouth, that's where my heart lies".

Something like that?

JayM said:
"Manchester United forced me to sign for them, I really wanted to sign for Portsmouth, that's where my heart lies".

Something like that?
First the players will mysteriously disappear from training for a few days and then be found by the press hiding in the woods with Harry Redpknapp.

Back
Top Bottom