POOR Cisse!

brunnoce

World Cup Winner
29 July 2003
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Cruzeiro
guys i was just wacthing France x China game..
OMG what happend with Cisse..i feel sorry for him, although i dont really like him...his leg was borken in 2 pieces..my god..

also i wonde who will replace him..maybe anelka?

Yep, he has a broken shin.

Very bad news, sad to hear he's gonna miss the biggest stage in the world.

Would like to see Giuly brought in.

FD

Very sad to hear about it obviously as I don't want pain on anyone.

But I'm happy that now two better players possibly can take part in WC

1. Giuly who deserved the call up more.

or even if not

2. Anelka still a way better choice!! Although after what he said after not being picked, I hardly doubt he'll becoming! In fact I'd say the chances of Anelka joining is veryyyy low!!

PLF said:
1. Giuly who deserved the call up more.
Forget it. He is in Australia and didn't want to be called as a second choice. He told that on TV.

I hope Anelka will be called but I would like to have Micoud or Pires instead, it's a clever choice. Henry-Saha-Trezeguet-Wiltord is enough.

But Dome' will call Govou !

Last edited:
I'm gutted for him personally, again!, but this also means that he probably won't be leaving pool this summer :( Not only do i think he isn't good enough for us, but I think he was looking foward to playing in France again.

My thoughts and prays are with him again, and I hope he can get his career back on track after this.

lol Kevo.. at Bruno, I'm like Pires' biggest fan but I don't think he should still be there as much as I love the dude.

MICOUD MICOUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Yes Tuta.. please.............he had to be in original 23 anyway.. f'n Domenech didn't pick him!! Now is the time to bring a guy who in case something happens to Zidane will provide that flair/creativity/vision and passing... one of the best AMC in recent years for Werder!!

He has to be called now plus he hasn't talked $hit after not being picked unlike others lol.. although maybe he has and I haven't heard anything.

@Tuta, I hope it's Micoud and not Govou!! :/

PLF said:
He has to be called now plus he hasn't talked $hit after not being picked unlike others lol.. although maybe he has and I haven't heard anything.
Yes, he was very fairplay. "I tried my best, no surprise.....". But he was never in contact with Domenech before the list. He won't be "the one".

tuta77 said:
Yes, he was very fairplay. "I tried my best, no surprise.....". But he was never in contact with Domenech before the list. He won't be "the one".
F*ck*!!

Damn Domenech has made so many mistakes already even though I like France I kinda want them to fail so this mofo doesn't get credit for making them world champs or anything like that. I want him to fail but I don't want France to fail... what a bad dillema :|

too bad Giuly refused, he was the obvious choice to substitute him. actually it is just crazy that he wasn't in the starting 23. I'd like to see Gourcuff playing, but since I'm pretty sure he will instead play for France U21 , then I would bring Pires, although he is getting old he is still pure class, and the chance of playing his last world cup I'm sure would get him to play at his best :)

Micoud is needed more than Pires and any other choices.

If something happens to Zidane, France have no natural replacements for him. Dhorasoo is supposed to be able to do that and as much as I like him and always have done, he won't be able to do that like Micoud potentially could.

I think that Anelka also refused to be called up in case of injury.
(In case he decide to change a Forward for a Forward)

Options:
Micoud, i would take this one.
Rothen, has made many games with France.
Pires, he's good, but Domenech and Pires does not play together.

I have no idea who Micoud is, but well, after watching Dhorasoo play for Lyon and A.C. Milan I've grown very, very fond of him and would totally trust his abilities as a AMF. he's fast, nimble, agile and has stunning dribbling skills, and he can gift the forwards with good through balls and long passes. I'm sure he will perform well enough in case Zidane should need a break :)

@Gekko, I've been watching Dhorasoo for long time dude... he's usually a magnificent passer of the ball but he's not really an AMF. He's best at sitting deeper like in CM role. Plus lately he hasn't been same old Vikash. In last friendly against Mexico, he even uncharacteristically made many bad passes.

Micoud has deserved this for few years now since amazint triangle with KK (Klasnic and Klose) in Werder was formed and they put fear through every German team using these 3 players and Borowski there too and also in Europe. (We all remember how Juve got through Werder, don't we? :roll: )

For AM position, Micoud is much better than Vikash!

pk9 said:
gutted, very pissed why Cisse :sad:
That was for many of us, our exact sentence when he was selected for WC squad though! :lol:

We were gutted and we were saying Why Cisse? :( :mrgreen:

@Scratch, that's correct Giuly and Anelka won't be picked due to what they said after not making squad.

As far as options go, France don't need another winger in my opinion. Wiltord is there, Ribery is there, Malouda is there, what they need is a GOOD replacement for Zidane incase something happens. (you never know at this age, he could get injured in first game or something) and then there is only one good choice and that's Micoud.

Rothen isn't an option in my opinion as even if they wanted another left winger, Olivier Monterrubio would be ahead in pecking order as he has more quality even though less experience with France. Plus he's coming off another good season and was very disappointed at not making WC squad while Rothen didn't have hopes because he had yet another injury-plagued and avg season.

Last edited:
I think the worst for France, is that, excluding Anelka, there is not another #9 guy that Domenech can choose.

I would take Micoud, but a book here in France said that they had 'verbal fighting' since they were together in France lower national teams.

(Damn, my english is bad.)

Who had Verbal fighting? Micoud and who? Domenech? yeah as Tuta says they dont like each other too much but hey at least he was professional when not selected for WC like Monterubbio and didn't start swearing and saying there was controvery like Anelka did lol. They both just said they were disappointed not to make squad where as Giuly and Anelka acted another way.

i bet herbert hainer and the +10 team are going mental, but on the real i like cisse's playing style just better than average and he scores some good goals!

PLF, Anelka's reaction was normal. He didn't tell that he wouldn't come as second choice. And not very hard against Domenech, he was just pissed off. It was approximately :
"As usual, I wasn't judge on my football skills. I feel that Domenech selected me (before the list) just to do bad. Unfortunately for him, I scored. I thought I deserved my place".

The only thing wrong is that he said he wouldn't watch the WC.

Last edited:
Valmir said:
I bet adidas are more gutted that Cisse won't be showing off their whole collection during the WC =/

:lol: THATS a big truth man... specially cause hes the only one who shows 2 diferent boots at the same time! :lol:

@PLF it's sad to hear that Vikash has been playing under his standards lately...

btw, we could start a poll about which CT has made the worst selections for his team... I can name 3: Argentina's CT, ( Zanetti, Samuel, Veron )
Domenech ( Giuly , Pires... you name it )
Van Basten ( aside from the much renowned Huntelaar, leaving out Clarence Seedorf is offensive to me as a soccer fan :roll: )

also, Lippi shouldn't have called up Iaquinta as he's had a very bad season and he's not that skilled either. better names would have been Lucarelli, Di Michele or Tavano!

tuta77 said:
PLF, Anelka's reaction was normal. He didn't tell that he wouldn't come as second choice. And not very hard against Domenech, he was just pissed off. It was approximately :
"As usual, I wasn't judge on my football skills. I feel that Domenech selected me (before the list) just to do bad. Unfortunately for him, I scored. I thought I deserved my place".

The only thing wrong is that he said he wouldn't watch the WC.
But that's bad enough Tuta. He also said that there is some controvery about him not playing and what you said about how he's not being judged on performances but by reputation and attitude and how he was FRUSTRATED and won't even be watching France in WC! To me it's bad enough for coach not to look at him but hey I hope he does if it's not Micoud.

@Gekko, this isn't exactly right place to discuss those things for me dude especially since most of it we've already mentioned.

For France it's not Pires not being included that's big deal, you don't look and say he's famous but not picked so it's bad choice. You have to look at who you have.. there's even players who aren't picked like Monterrubbio or Micoud whom I'd rather have over Bobby Pires.

France's big mistakes were Boumsong after disastrous season and showing just how bad defender he can be. Choosing Barthez controversially over Coupet as #1!!! Picking Cisse when there was Giuly and Anelka. Not picking Micoud.. many other things.

Argentian for me Veron shouldn't have been picked. He's not the shock. Javier Zanetti is and Demichelis is!!!!!

But anyways the France stuff we've already discussed on thread in length about his mistakes so I won't do again but if you're intersted go back and read on those pages when we were analyzing Les Blues squad in each player. (I don't think you were around on thread at that time) as for Zanetti and co it's a tragedy but already mentioned many times and we're getting a bit off-topic here now since this was about Cisse. So let's save those discussions for another time. :)

Take care guys.

p.s. Tuta, when will he announce decision about new person?

Back
Top Bottom