Popups

D

da_micksta

hi ppl, i just wanna say can admins or whoever remove popups from evo-web. i'm keep getting some for something called winfixer (i'm using mozilla firefox 1.0.6), but the funniest thing is though i'm using mepis linux to surf the web not window$!!! :lol: OK i've added 2 extensions, 1 called Adblock and the other called no script. They seem to be working fine at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are no pop-ups on Evo-Web as they are the spawn of satan. I'd recommend checking for spyware etc.

I'm using linux and i cant find a spyware scanner program for it. i think its something to do with java script & mozilla firefox. since i added the NoScript extension for firefox, i haven't been bothered. But here's a pic to show you what i mean :( :

popups.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Shit I thought it was only me.

I don't think it's a problem with this site or popups Micksta, but I do get it more often on this site where it closes my browser and then gives that message and even if you press Cancel or close it still takes you to winfixer.com or whatever.

I checked and it is a spyware in C:\Windows\System32\Adcache called Cydoor but even when i delete everything in that folder, it's still there cuz i think it's in registry.

Can you explain how to reomve it from Registry Milanista?

i think i've got it sorted now (phew) i'm browsing evo-web using Mozila 1.7.8 (not firefox) and it's working fine (for now). :)

PLF said:
Shit I thought it was only me.

I don't think it's a problem with this site or popups Micksta, but I do get it more often on this site where it closes my browser and then gives that message and even if you press Cancel or close it still takes you to winfixer.com or whatever.

I checked and it is a spyware in C:\Windows\System32\Adcache called Cydoor but even when i delete everything in that folder, it's still there cuz i think it's in registry.

Can you explain how to reomve it from Registry Milanista?
Have you tried AdAware? Might catch it for you.

I think I had that Mart.

But will AdAware remove that from my registry? Cuz right now that's the problem. I've removed that folder as it was caught by my anti-spy program and anti-virus but it's still in registry and there is no instructions on how to remove this.

Milanista said he fixed this for his dad so he probably knows, if you can help it'd be nice Milanista.

Yeah AdAware normally gets stuff in the registry too. I thought I'd fill the gap while you were waiting for Milanista to reply. ;)

Thanks mate, appreciate it
But either way even though i ain't got adaware yet or did any cleaning from registry, its been 2 days now since i've had that problem.

Hope i'm not jinxing it ;) oh well.. gotta head out now man.

take care

Last edited:
I got the same thing too. I did a spyware scan and it removed this b*tch, but everytime I came on Evo it popped up again. I fixed it by downloading ad-block tho.

Back
Top Bottom