Premier Fans: Take care on buying PES5

dnavajoc

Non-League
2 August 2005
All of you fans of premiership, I would wait for news before buying PES5. I have We9 and playing premier games with no crowd is far unrealistic.It´s annoying because the crowd usually stays very close to the field and - different from reality - in WE9 stadiums are always empty during gameplay, you can only see the audience in replays.
IMO, the gameplay is better then WE8LE/PES4, but not that better to compensate this huge flaw.
Please - don´t blame me, I am only trying to alert those which are waiting for PES5 and could not play WE9 yet cause I don´t believe it will be fixed in PES5.

eh? They are not there because of a bug, or because they haven't been put there in the first place?

You mean the stadiums look empty, or you just can't see them when you goto the top of the pitch?

If its the latter, it's hardly something that will stop us buying the game :/

Not sure if there is a bug but it doesn´t happen only in wide camera, I usually play in medium with angle centered at 9. I deeply wish it´s gone in PES5 because the game is really good, but I refuse to play premier with empty venues. Have to play calcio because it´s the only championship where you cannot see the audience... :(

I must say that I play PES/WE because of the gameplay and not the crowds. Off course it's a sad thing but it's because to the PS2 hardware has reached it's limits.

So if it's a way to reduce slowdown - I'm happy.

niller said:
I must say that I play PES/WE because of the gameplay and not the crowds. Off course it's a sad thing but it's because to the PS2 hardware has reached it's limits.

So if it's a way to reduce slowdown - I'm happy.

amen

The crowd thing is that during gameplay it disapears - basically. But on throw-ins and when the ball is out of play you can see it. It is strange to be honest, but well I guess it does prevent the slowdowns. Hopefully they will think of a better solution for PES5 but I can't see it.

dnavajoc said:
All of you fans of premiership, I would wait for news before buying PES5. I have We9 and playing premier games with no crowd is far unrealistic.It´s annoying because the crowd usually stays very close to the field and - different from reality - in WE9 stadiums are always empty during gameplay, you can only see the audience in replays.
IMO, the gameplay is better then WE8LE/PES4, but not that better to compensate this huge flaw.
Please - don´t blame me, I am only trying to alert those which are waiting for PES5 and could not play WE9 yet cause I don´t believe it will be fixed in PES5.

don't blame you !!!
are you kiddin', who sane person would give a shit to the missin' crowd when the gameplay is so good !!!!!!!

At first I thought it was a bug, i was about to ask how to fix it, but if its to stop slowdown then who cares

This has to be one of the lamest excuses ever, I would understand if it was something that actually affected gameplay such as the ref, but this is just too nitpicky.

it seems that even though every pro evolution improves it also creates more problems for itself. pes 4 improved on pes3 but they inexplicably left out striped and hooped kits and had a big problem with slowdown if you play on tv's under 100hz now pes5 improves but has a stupid problem of there being no crowd cheering during games. gone are the days when each new pro evolution was an amazing 100% improvement. it seems they continue to cock things up with each version now as well as improve things. roll on ps3 when hopefully they finally produce the best they can. i've always maintained that the most enjoyable versions of pro evolution were on the playstation 1. they seem to intent non making things over-realistic and losing the computer game element of it. it's supposed to be fun!! maybe we need a rival to pes and fifa to come along and take us back to those days. all said and done, i still cant wait to get my hands on pes5 and get the game looking the way i want!

Again, make no mistakes, I'm enjoying WE9 and IMO it has a great gameplay. It just seems weird to me playing Gunners x Utd with no crowd at all, and it is annoying me. Didn't mean to create a discussion, just though that Premier fans deserve to know what they are about to buy.

And, as recomended, I changed my camera settings and found out that this problem occurs on normal (middle and far) and wide cameras only. My solution is now to play using broadcast camera (tks Morris for the tip), have to get used to it, but it´s for better...

Why do Konami try and push the graphics so far that it causes slowdown? Personally, i wouldn't care if PES5 has the same graphics as PES4. I'd rather play a game that has a smooth frame rate. I can wait for PS3 for huge graphical improvements.

dnavajoc said:
Again, make no mistakes, I'm enjoying WE9 and IMO it has a great gameplay. It just seems weird to me playing Gunners x Utd with no crowd at all, and it is annoying me. Didn't mean to create a discussion, just though that Premier fans deserve to know what they are about to buy.

And, as recomended, I changed my camera settings and found out that this problem occurs on normal (middle and far) and wide cameras only. My solution is now to play using broadcast camera (tks Morris for the tip), have to get used to it, but it´s for better...

it's better for what ?
do you really look at the crowd when you're playing ?
i'm french so i only have olympique lyonnais to play with amongst french teams but i don't give the crowd a shit and it would be the same if i was an english playing manchester - arsenal or a spanish playing barca - real or even an italian playing juventus - ac milan !!

You know I always find it funny what things get on others nerves. This is a very minor issue. I was expecting you to say that we would have all last seasons teams or they were removed altogether or something quite important.

This is trivial and unfortunately necessary due to hardware issues.

Something more important is why have Konami not allowed enough spaces for all clubs crests. You are only allowed 50 when there are 74 unlicensed clubs. I would say that is more important...to me anyway.

dnavajoc said:

Post some pictures to show your problem.

Yeh I'd also like to see what all the fuss is about this 8) . Im tempted to just buy WE9 this weekend \\:o/ and stuff waiting for PES5 (all this waiting is killing me :( ). And do the crowd still make noise, or is it just a visual problem?

Thanks.

I agree that is a minor issue, albeit one that niggles. You do get that on PES4 though, when your playing a 1st vs 2nd -Real Madrid vs Barca at Nou Camp and there seem to be about 20,000 there instead of 100,000 :shock:

tbh though, if that's the only real problem, i'll be very happy :)

Cronin said:
Post some pictures to show your problem.
Just imagine you are playing and on certain stadia when you move to the top of the screen and near to the crowd, all you can see is empty seats. That's it.

No problem for me.

Well not quite... the worst thing is when you get a free kick near the far touchline (and remember in we9 there are about 2 free kicks a minute!), and the camera kind of pans upwards.... revealing that it's not just a few empty rows of seats, but the whole ground is empty. It's really irritating, because obviously when the whistle blows for a foul, you relax a bit from concentrating on the game, and that's the moment when you notice the graphics more. In Highbury it's a joke - the camera pans up to almost the top of the stand, and you can see the entire North Bank is empty, as well as the stand on the far side of the pitch...

But then, wide angle is weird anyway - it doesn't zoom in to the far side of the pitch, so it's hard to see what's going on when the ball's over there - whereas Broadcast camera angle is a bit higher in this version, so if you use radar you can play on that angle pretty well, and still have people in the stadium.

Then there's the problem that in league / Master League, the stadiums are almost empty anyway, at least for the first season.... Man U v Chelsea, Juventus v Milan, Barca v Madrid - don't expect more than 10,000 to turn up.

Doesn't stop me playing and loving the game, but yeah, it shouldn't just be left as a nasty surprise for anyone buying PES5.

I'm actually surprised that nobody has mentioned the constant crowd cheering/jumping up and down.When I was playing my first game of we9,I was at home,lost 2-0,then the camera panned round the stadium and all the home fans are still cheering/jumping up and down?
I thought it must be a bug,but since,I have played lots of games,if I lose at home,the same thing keeps happening.

Imo,this is extremely poor,and very unrealistic,I realise now that this must be due to saving slowdowns etc,but I'm afraid konami have buggered up big time.Pro evo 3 was more realistic,in crowd terms.Whilst some things are improved(gameplay),they are still backtracking on a few issues.
Come on konami,surely its upwards and onwards,not downwards and backwards.

Were you playing a finished version of the game? When I go to Highbury (which I'm really going to miss) I'm about 2-3 metres from the edge of the pitch, but in PES4 I never felt that proximity of the crowd and the footballers :(

The empty crowds are really frustrating but what I don't understand is the fact that two stadiums, St. James' Park and Riazor, Deportivo, HAVE crowds no matter what camera angle you use! Weird!

Surely they could've left the crowd there and simply not animate them, then this would unlikely cause any slowdown. However, for me it's still the best version of the game. If only they can sort the crowd out for PES5 and the whistle happy refs then it'll be absolutely fantastic!

Here's hoping!

de_Campo said:
The empty crowds are really frustrating but what I don't understand is the fact that two stadiums, St. James' Park and Riazor, Deportivo, HAVE crowds no matter what camera angle you use! Weird!

Surely they could've left the crowd there and simply not animate them, then this would unlikely cause any slowdown. However, for me it's still the best version of the game. If only they can sort the crowd out for PES5 and the whistle happy refs then it'll be absolutely fantastic!

Here's hoping!

Agree 100% mate,They could easily have just scrolled a "photo" of fans,just to keep an order in the game.Lazy programming methinks.
Still a marvellous game though.

What's all the fuss about.
Two years ago evrybody was moaning because there were no referees.
Last year they had refs but slowdown (i don't care a bit about that) and NO HOOPS and STRIPES (that really is fundamental).
Now it's worse: the crowd disappears...
Well that can be utterly realistic, all those arseholes who are complaining about cosmetic things are maybe playing that bad that the virtual audience leaves the stadium...nice addition

Next year: Konami gets rid of stadiums altogether, replaces the pitch with plain black and and the players with different-coloured squares.

"You arseholes! Moaning about cosmetic things!"

Back
Top Bottom