Premiership on Rte

slasher

Take that Mr Silva
21 June 2003
Belfast
Man United
Over here in ireland we get national channels called rte 1 and rte 2, for this season we've been getting the premiership (as well as all the usual big american shows, whcih get broadcast before they hit sky) live at 3pm on saturdays , they used to show it illegally years ago until they got scooped and had to stop showing it! rte has now just in the last few weeks or so been put on sky digital, im guessing not, but just wondering do people in england/wales/scotland get rte on their sky??

they haven't showed live premiership matches on a saturday afternoon for years - maybe as much as 10 years.

i used to love going to my grandmother's house on a saturday afternoon (i live in n.i. and she had a perfect reception on rte2) and i remember watching the games live, something even the english couldn't do! i could never tell which match was going to be televised until i actually sat down and turned the tv on! :)

also, i would imagine if RTE is on sky digital, then everyone can get it. i watch 'newsline' - northern ireland's regional 6:30pm bbc news which is on bbc northern ireland, a channel available to all sky digital subscribers, regardless of where they are...

on the other hand, it's possible it might just need tuned in...

vr6_highline said:
they haven't showed live premiership matches on a saturday afternoon for years - maybe as much as 10 years.

i used to love going to my grandmother's house on a saturday afternoon (i live in n.i. and she had a perfect reception on rte2) and i remember watching the games live, something even the english couldn't do! i could never tell which match was going to be televised until i actually sat down and turned the tv on! :)

yea they were its seems banned from showing them for a while after showing them illegally. which is why you never knew which game they were gonna show casue they didnt advertise it, it was quality, i remember they just used to show them half way through other programs with 20 mins of the match already started. gotta love rte's style for that! never forget them showing the utd match halfway through against sheffield wednesday yrs ago to win our first league in 26 yrs, when stevie bruce scored 2 headers in the last 10 mins.

Ive since found out that even in northern ireland they actually block the signal when the game starts.

There is an agreement not only for Live games but even "The Premiership" - rte's version of MOTD is blocked. All sports shows have to be "agreed" before being shown.

Think its channel 265, 266 and 267, something around there anyhow, you get RTE1, Network2 and TG4, no TV3 on Sky yet.

Just to point out, Rte has been on Sky Digital for at least 18 months, if not longer Slasher. ;)
I cant remember not having it as 101, 102, so its been there a while.

Also yes they are locked out if you dont have a Sky Card for the ROI region, just like the fact we cant get ITV2, we can tune it in, but we cant actually watch it (along with Ch4 and Ch5).

267 is RTE1 and 268 is RTE2.

the west brom v portsmouth match is on RTE2 now, but interestingly, it's not on sky digital, but on the terrestrial RTE2...

dar83 said:
Just to point out, Rte has been on Sky Digital for at least 18 months, if not longer Slasher. ;)

well mate, i live in belfast and rte has only just came on sky in the past month ;)

dar83 said:

Also yes they are locked out if you dont have a Sky Card for the ROI region, just like the fact we cant get ITV2, we can tune it in, but we cant actually watch it (along with Ch4 and Ch5).

in the uk (and the same goes for northern ireland - obviously), channels 101, 102 etc equate to bbc1 and bbc2 etc... rte 1 & 2 are 267 and 268 and they have only been recently noticed by me. the sky card is registered to an address in downpatrick, in northern ireland...

Back
Top Bottom