Pride FC

joostebrood

Premiership
4 March 2002
I want to tell the pro wrestling fans that they should watch Pride FC. It's big in Japan. The sport is called MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) and if you check out some of the fights, it's insane.

More fans here?

When I first saw this post, I thought you were talking about a football club.

Never heard of this Pride FC or MMA.

You should check it out. Emelianenko Fedor is the heavyweight champion. He seems like one of the most dangerous people I have ever seen.

Yeah, it's quite similiar, but it's in a ring and some different rules. The best part though is the amount of better fighters compared to the UFC. UFC is USA orientated, while Pride brings in an international cast of great fighters from all over the world. Brazilians and Russians seem to be very good and there's also (in the lighter weight divisions) a few Japanese guys who are quite spectacular.

Actually, one sumo dude (Akebono) tried his luck in K-1 fighting. He got knocked out quite a few times. He's fat and that's all he really is.

I sometimes watch sumo, I practice it myself. I push my mother off the stairs quite a lot, we don't have a ring yet.

Yes i'm a big fan of pride fighting championships, it's so much better than UFC which i personally think is 3rd behind Pride and K-1, your right about Fedor the guys is just effortless but Crocop will give him a good fight and i feel his lack of a standing guard may get exposed in that fight, but for me Vanderlie is number 1 pound for pound even after loosing his unbeaten record to Mark Hunt in which he got robbed i may add.

I watched that fight yes, Silva was taking Hunt down at will. And the weight difference was so big he should have won that judges decision.
Fedor is amazing, did you see that slam Randleman did on him? That recovery was amazing. His armbar on Coleman was one of the sweetest subs of 2004 IMO.
I'm also a big K-1 fan, I'm Dutch so there's quite a lot to cheer for me. The old days were great in K-1, as they were in UFC btw. Aerts has to be one of the hardest kickers ever.
I have that UFC Greatest Hits compilation. The first few years were insane, there were almost no rules at all. Pretty funny to watch though.

I've gotta admit pride totally rules. Kinda difficult for uk guys to see, but it can be downloaded from a few different places if you know how ;-)
Way better than ufc to me, although im liking the new ultimate fighter reality show. K-1 is a big favourite here too, though not as good as it used to be.
Y'know i have just about every pride, ufc and k-1 ppv on hd. :-o

If you're into Pride and MMA in general I strongly recommend :

http://www.puroresupower.com

They broadcast a radio show and discuss MMA and Japanese wrestling. They have special guests every week and have interviewed Quinton Jackson, Don Frye, Bas Rutten, Dan Henderson, Ken Shamrock and many, many more. The inside info is great.

I'm a huge Pride and UFC fan. K-1 is crap compared to those 2 though just because it has more rules and the refs stop you every 4 sec like in TAek won do and don't really let the match flow and anything happen.

Looking forward to Chuck Liddel vs. Wanderlei Silva if it happens.

And I hope Vitor Belfort comes back and shows the whole the world the old phenom, VITOR BELFORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree with you PLF. K-1 used to be great with Andy Hug (RIP), Peter Aerts, Ernesto Hooost battling it out. Now it's just farcical and the guys hardly punch each other, there are more freaks - last time I saw a 2m20cm (erm, 7foot something) Korean fighting a Muay Thai midget (well, average height). Come on, I can hardly believe people pay for that. It's probably why Crocop seems to have given up with it. Pride is entertaining and those guys batter each other with those really tough gloves.

I didn't think it was that bad? Not as amazing as some past events, but still i was on the edge of my seat most of the time. Yoshida v Silva was awesome.

Prefer UFC tbh.

Pride is to mat based with all the japanese fighters.

UFC has more standup. And the octagon owns it.

lookin forward to seeing bushido 7 next week. know the results already but its always good watching jens pulver, yves edwards, takanori gomi and phil baroni (though he is a bit of a twat).

damn i only just noticed this post!

I am a big Pride FC fan! Openweight Grand prix finals are this weekend. i am supporting Josh Barnett as He is representing Pro Wrestling! I hope he pulls off a northern lights Bomb!!

and yeah Pride is better than UFC. has better fighters, better cards and i prefer watching MMA in the ring rather than the cage!

:lol: You're over a year late.

I only just noticed you have Kenta Kobashi in your avatar. I've only seen one match of his against Samoa Joe in ROH but that guy sure knows how to chop the f*ck out of you. lol

marukomu said:
forgive my ignorance but I thought Pride FC was a gay football team
Lol - you should know better living in Okayama as you do!:lol: Btw, is Hard-Gay still a TV "star" out there?\\:o/ :mrgreen:

Yes, he's still on TV and maybe a little too often. WOOOOOOHHHH!!
I think he's getting married soon so maybe he's not as gay as he looks.
He had a CD out recently too.

Back
Top Bottom