Pro Evo 6 any good on 360?

vinster345

Non-League
24 October 2006
Caversham, UK
Chelsea
Been a pro evo fan since the days of ISS. Tried Pro evo the PC so i could play my best mate when i moved from being his neighbour. Its a bit rubbish, so was wondering if the mediocre reaction to Pro Evo 6 for the 360 really meant that I should bother with it when my 360 arrives next week. I can get it for £18 on ebay. Worth it or not. I heard online is very annoyinf because oft he community that play it. Not fussed about real names or logos of the rest, just whether the gameplay is ok. Thanks in advance

Well, I don't know, I've heard people say it was not worth $1, I've heard people that say it was decent, but put it this way: nobody that is a fan of the whole series has LOVED it.

Basically, to me, the word "disappointing" characterizes it quite well. If you're looking for a good football game on the 360, I'd buy it still, I suppose.

well, the graphics are shit for a next-gen game, and Pro Evo is a game that relies on a d-pad or else your direction fucks up, yet because the 360 d-pad is a pile of shit anyway, your direction is still fucked up, the shooting never seems the get enough power, the animation seems strange and the lack of an edit mode is really rubbish, add in the online mode being very poor, and its just a terrible game

Don't bother. Spend your hard-earned on something else. PES6 on the 360 isn't even worth contemplating. Truly lazy effort from Nokami.

It isn't terrible....it's just a disappointment of what still is the best football game series available.

It just doesn't give me the joy as the previous incarnations have given...but tbh, personally it felt that way since pro evo 4.

It should be available as a download in the marketplace. Give it a try - but I personally think that the D-Pad spoiled it for me as well :(

ok, cheers all. I think i'll give it a miss for now. Will try the demo and live off gears of war (the only game i've bought for 360 so far)

It's shit, I have traded it in for the PS2 version.

It is in the same genre as previous PES games which makes it the best footie game on the 360, by default though.

...I have PES 6 on 360 and I love it...I have a good feeling With 360 controller and the game is great...Of course I miss the edit mode but don't worry the gameplay is excellent...The visuals are so much better than old generation consoles ones and the frame rate is improved too, so you can see players moving very natural (sorry for my english but you know what I mean...)another thing missing are the stadiums :only 8, but I reapeat :the Gameplay is very good and you'll surely have a good time...Nowdays I begin to prefere 360 controller than Ps2 one it's only practice issue

Don't listen to these idiots that probably never gave the game a chance because they were pissed off from the very beginning that it lacked an edit mode and the controls were hard.

This game is very good. It is by far my most played game on my 360. If you like footy then you'll like this game.

It's fucking awful mate - get UEFA Champions League 07, spend a few days with it and you will thank me for showing you the light. It's a classy game that plays PROPER football. (I have ALWAYS adored the PES series but times have changed - EA have finally got it right.)

9/10 people will tell you it's a absolute dud. 1/10 may like it but how can anyone praise the graphics? Go straight to Specsavers.

It a widescreen version of the lastgen, with a slightly higher res on the players and barely noticable improvement in animation.

With all the power of the machine there is no extra sense at all of stadium atmosphere, functional at best.

Plays like a pudding: avoid it unless you are desparate for PES type menus and the voice of Peter Brackley.

(pick it up for £18 on ebay and see for yourself)

I actually like PES6 on 360, prefer it over PS2 now on gameplay. After a while, you can ignore editing modes etc. (after having palyed patched versions of the game since PES3....)

I got used to the D-Pad, but still want to buy the PS2 -> XBox360 convertor, too pricey...

Well I think it's great. Didn't at first, thought it was shite like everyone else, thought Konami had shafted us. They have slightly in the missing features but playing on live is very good. If you just want a quick network game it's easy to get one. I have tried the PC and PS2 versions and with the lobbys its hard to just get a quick game I think.

Can't decide which is the better controller either. If I was on a desert island and could only have 1 suppose it would be the PS2

Weird. No definative answers. i don't care about the graphics, i don't care about the edit mode, and not fussed about all the "options" that might be missing. If it still plays a good game of pro evo and can get me an online game easily (which something the PC versionis rubbish at) then i may change my mind and buy a copy!

Weird. No definative answers. i don't care about the graphics, i don't care about the edit mode, and not fussed about all the "options" that might be missing. If it still plays a good game of pro evo and can get me an online game easily (which something the PC versionis rubbish at) then i may change my mind and buy a copy!

The game deep down is classic pro evo, fluid gameplay, loads of little tricks and flicks and good animations.
I think alot of the dissapointment comes from the fact that firstly we have been playing what is basically the same game for over 5 years, and even with new hardware, yet the game still looks pretty much the same.
Missing features don't effect the gameplay obviously but it just annoys people that konami couldn't add certain things. I mean the save replay option is a joke, it's even in the manual and that wouldn't have been hard to implement.
I think people are just frustrated. At the end of the day pro evo is the same as all the others to play, as with each version there are always slight differences that we need to get used to, I remember when pro 5 came out and everyone was complainng about the amount of fouls etc.
The worst thing about this game is def the keepers, they are awful. People complain about the stats and adriano, but the stats have never been accurate which is why we always get option files.
I'd say pick this game up, if you're going to play online try and play with people on your friends list, I've got some decent people to play who like to play properly and it is great. However playing against total randoms is not fun, you'll be surprised as to how many weirdos there are online :shock:

cheers pretty, i think i may give the pc version one more go to see if they've fixed the online play. If not, there's 6 months till pro evo 7 and i may download the demo to give 6 a go first!

cheers pretty, i think i may give the pc version one more go to see if they've fixed the online play. If not, there's 6 months till pro evo 7 and i may download the demo to give 6 a go first!

If you're going to play the pc version it may be worth patching it, it really adds to the game. As you say give the pes demo a go on the 360, you have nothing to lose and it will give you a whole match to see what you make of it :)

by patching do you mean cracking or is there an actual proper patch?

There are loads of patches on this game, these change everything about the game, such as stadiums, hd kits, better looking pitches, improved player appearences, new balls etc There are various graphical enhancements aswell such as the lod mixer. All of this can be found on these forums.
edit:the patches can be found in the editing section

Back
Top Bottom