Pro Evo 6 on PS3

I bought a PS3 as well and It is like a vase on the table !!!
I don't feel like I have it.There isn't a single game worth to play.Nothing to do with it.
Without PES or WE Playstion is useless.

if you only wanted to play pes 6 why did you buy a PS3???...the PS2 plays that came perfectly well.

Ok Sony have released the 1.7 firmware today, apparently lots of the games with backwards compatability issues are now working well. Was wondering if anyone could test PES6.

hi guys
i am in process of downloading 1.7 firmware and then will test pes6.it better f**king work or i will be pist off big time.lets just hope.get back to you guys asap.

well i tried pes6.still dissaponting.its not as jerky as before but it does still suffer frame probs.if anything the game plays too fast now but still with jerkyness.come on f ing sony sort this shite out.im going to try playing it with a normal av cable insted of the hdmi connection,maybe that will help. i would like to know what you guys think,please let me know of your opinions on how you think the game runs after installing 1.7 firmware.....man im well ticked off.was looking forward to this game playing smoothly.as i dont have a ps2 nor have i ever owned one so i may have to wait till pes7 to get a good pes experience again.

Last edited:
well i tried pes6.still dissaponting.its not as jerky as before but it does still suffer frame probs.if anything the game plays too fast now but still with jerkyness.come on f ing sony sort this shite out.im going to try playing it with a normal av cable insted of the hdmi connection,maybe that will help. i would like to know what you guys think,please let me know of your opinions on how you think the game runs after installing 1.7 firmware.....man im well ticked off.was looking forward to this game playing smoothly.as i dont have a ps2 nor have i ever owned one so i may have to wait till pes7 to get a good pes experience again.

Can you play online? Thats the big question.

That really is disappointing. For Sony to release the PS3 and to have Pro Evo and San Andreas not working is bizarre.

its better than it was be4 but still not up 2 the standard that i wud expect . maybe next time?
if u have alreadty got rid of ur ps2 its worth giving it at try!

Guys I think........not 100% though that it's working online. I managed to configure a online network connection thingy via the network thing in the game and connection test was successful.

EDIT: Yep it is working online. :D

I assume there's still no way to upload your option files to the PS3 yet no?

Last edited:
guys i dont know if this will help any one. i have a 40'' samsung hd tv and have played pes6 with hdmi cable.for some reason it wont even play full screen.i have tried using a normal av cable and it plays better than with the hdmi cable.the more you play the more you get used to it.i am hoping to get the online mode to work so will keep you posted.as the guy above me stated it works so hopefully it does,i just gota to get my account to connect.

i have managed to get pro evo to connect to pes network and so on.iam having trouble registering as a user.it ask me to enter a user name and password which i have done but once i have entered the info it wont let me sellect the register button? any ideas guys?

i have the same problem too goonerjunglist w/registering online. However the offline play is good after i updated to fw1.70. I've played a few 10min matches on wide view and it only has stuttered a couple of times but overall it is playable without such major problems

Last edited:
at least 8 or 9 characters your passwords have to be. I had to do it and I got it working eventually.

1)
After the 1.7 update it still doesn't play superb, but it's getting better. It still has some stuttering which is NOT the normal framerate issue which we know from konami.
Hope they make it 100% in the 1.8 firmwareupdate.

2)
I have tested the internet connection and it works. Added a name and password, but then it cannot connect. I get the message: problem during connecting or something like that. Someone can help?

Thx

Did the 1.7 update last night, pro evo 6 works pretty well perfectly now and i connected to the network easily using my ps2 network ID and password, it connected quickly and the response time was much faster that it was with the ps2, i am happpy now but lets face it, its only a stopgap until PRO EVO 7 comes out, roll on september.

Did the 1.7 update last night, pro evo 6 works pretty well perfectly now and i connected to the network easily using my ps2 network ID and password, it connected quickly and the response time was much faster that it was with the ps2, i am happpy now but lets face it, its only a stopgap until PRO EVO 7 comes out, roll on september.

Can you connect your PS3 with a cable instead of going wireless if you want? It's just my router is just behind my PS2 anyway and I only use the wireless connection for my PC in the bedroom.

Yes you can connect with an ethernet cable, you will have to go into the network settings though, its very easy.

Last night, I switched on PS3 to play motorstorm and it appeared
"An update available".
I downloaded the update and installed it. So my ps3 is version 1.70 now.And finally ;
PES 6 works after that update...:)

Actually just right after the kick-off, it is a bit laggy..
but this laggyness last about 10-15 seconds.
I am not sure but 60hz. seemed better to me.
But I can say the game is not smooth as silk I can confess.
Plus, PS3 bluetooth controllers are great.The reaction time is faster,R2 button usage is better..and picture is much better with PS3 and Hdmi.

Actually just right after the kick-off, it is a bit laggy..
but this laggyness last about 10-15 seconds.
I am not sure but 60hz. seemed better to me.
But I can say the game is not smooth as silk I can confess.
Plus, PS3 bluetooth controllers are great.The reaction time is faster,R2 button usage is better..and picture is much better with PS3 and Hdmi.

Thanks zortex, much appreciated!

in order to play pes6 online do you need to have a ps2 network ID already because after i put in my made up username and password and pressed ok it says "error during verification". Could someone help me?

Cheers in advance

in order to play pes6 online do you need to have a ps2 network ID already because after i put in my made up username and password and pressed ok it says "error during verification". Could someone help me?

Cheers in advance

Oliver, same problem here. Would be nice if someone can sort it out, because i do have a connection; but after insert username and a password it says "error during verification"...
Hope firmware 1.8 will solves this and makes the game 100% stuttering and lagging free, because i sold my xbox360 with pes6 and bought the ps3+pes6 ps2 for it, so: Go go go Konami and Sony !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom