Pro Evo 6 on PS3

stumpy_uk

League 2
11 December 2002
Totally unplayable, jerks all over the place, absolute farce how this isn't compatible, well my PS3 is going back as there is no point hanging onto it until Pro Evo 2007 comes out as theywill probably be cheaper then...

Absolutely gutted...

I don't think it's that bad. A friend and me played five games in a row and although it is jerky at times it certainly beats not having PES around :-)

Hopefully the next update will fix this.

But thats the point, I won't not have it around I will have it on the PS2 where it works.. and £450 in my bank account as I have a 360 and there is no other games out there I want at the moment.

That begs the question, why on earth did you buy a PS3?? Ive bought a ps3 for ps3 games and blu ray films, THEY ARE STUNNING!! my pro evo 6 plays adequetly, but thats fine, its a ps2 game, tell you what though, i bet pro evo 7 will be superp on ps3!!

That begs the question, why on earth did you buy a PS3?? Ive bought a ps3 for ps3 games and blu ray films, THEY ARE STUNNING!! my pro evo 6 plays adequetly, but thats fine, its a ps2 game, tell you what though, i bet pro evo 7 will be superp on ps3!!

Because I am basically a Sony Fan Boy, I hate Pro Evo on the 360 and actually traded in my copy cause it just annoyed me, thought I would get a PS3 and at least could play pro evo until the new version came out but can't do that so still need to house my PS2 also..

You bought a PS3 to play a ps2 game? That seems a bit strange.

If you still had the ps2 why didn't you just wait in the first place for the new pro evo on the PS3?

You were just heading for a fall.

It does not compute!! head is hurting!! arrghh!!

Only kidding mate - it is a disgrace that it isn't backwards compatible - surely it wouldn't have been that hard!!

its a fair comment, I thought, Japanese version out soon hopefully multi format already have PS3 ...bring it on,but the lack of any Pro evo game apart from number one being anywhere near compatible is just annoying...oh well live and learn..

Wait a little while, as mentioned before, the BC list say PES6 has 1 bar of compatibility, that'll increase in the next months or so. Do you still have your ps2 there?

The best sports game doesn't work on the ps3, how the hell is this possible. I hope somebody makes a fix real soon.
But still im happy with the ps3.

Does anyone know if this title is compatible with the Japanese PS3 (dedicated chip instead of the software emulation for backwards compatibility) - or same issues apply?

Thanks.

Wait a little while, as mentioned before, the BC list say PES6 has 1 bar of compatibility, that'll increase in the next months or so. Do you still have your ps2 there?

Yes still have the PS2, will just send the ps3 back and pick one up when Pro comes out for it..

disappointed to hear that.

no way am i buying till pes7 & gta4 in oct

disgraceful that sony have done this-total piss take

I don't think it's that bad. A friend and me played five games in a row and although it is jerky at times it certainly beats not having PES around :-)

Hopefully the next update will fix this.
I'd have thought so, I've played other games that were on 1 bar compatibility, and they all seem like performance related rather than glitches, as they only seem to appear when there's a lot going on.

ive played a few games of pes 6 on the ps3 today, its not too bad, dare i say ive played fifa 07 too and thats a lot better, shame its fifa though!!

I try it, very slow, alot of framerate down, no online, Konami speak about that and work on it. i thin PES6 is pgood after next update, i wait Winning Eleven 11 for sell my PS2.

thats sound annoying man

any one got any ideas when the next pro evo comes out on the ps3

obviously im looking to go for the WE first (import that s**t man 1080p baby wooo hoo)

wot the hells going on my pro6 wont work at all, any ideas on how to solve this crisis of mine.

SHAME ON YOU SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell the world - Sony saved money on Euro PS3's leaving out the emulation chip! No Pro Evo until October! WTF SONY????

i wanna play PES6 on my PS3....i have to buy it (support konami now ;) ) i wanna know isit worth it or now....are there things fixed with new FW 1.6?

I e-mailed Sony yesterday about pro evo 6 on PS3 and got a very prompt reply, here it is.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

Rest assured that Sony are working on a software update that will make 100% of PS2 games compatible with the PS3.

As you know, Pro Evo 6 runs but with a few problems. This is being worked on and should be resolved with a future update.

I hope this helps.

Yours sincerely,

Robert Iglesias
PlayStation Network Gaming Careline
Sony Computer Entertainment UK
Careline: 08702 42 22 99 (National Rate)
E.Mail: UK_help@uk.playstation.com

I e-mailed Sony yesterday about pro evo 6 on PS3 and got a very prompt reply, here it is.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Rest assured that Sony are working on a software update that will make 100% of PS2 games compatible with the PS3.

As you know, Pro Evo 6 runs but with a few problems. This is being worked on and should be resolved with a future update.

I hope this helps.

Yours sincerely,

Robert Iglesias

Superb!

Damn, Thats awful guys.

Ah well, Thats sony for you.

They don't give a damn about anyone outside Japan.

Sad, but true I'm afraid.

Does anyone have a Pro Evo 6 option file for the PS 3 ? Or the whereabouts of a download able version ?

Cheers.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I hope this helps.

Yours sincerely,

Robert Iglesias
Peter- well done for emailing Sony. I have followed suit and suggest that everyone else does likewise. Should help to push pes6 to the front of the queue in terms of the development work.

Neil

The Jap and US PS3 have hardware which runs the PS2 and PS1 games, however the EUR models are doing it in code (basically making it cheaper to build..don't let Sony say anything different), however like any middleware the coding to PS3 code is not 100% and therefore the issues between games is being seen...... I love how Sony are working on it...yeah right!

Back
Top Bottom