Pro Evo finally scores equaliser with licences

brianodom

Non-League
3 September 2006
According to retail store Game, the next Pro Evo (pro evolution soccer 7) has finally cancelled out Fifa's trump card - Licences.

The store manager showed me the documnet which they recieve to push pre orders, showing information on the biggest games upcoming in 2007.

Among reading through i come to Pro Evo and the following was on there,

All international teams fully licence, F.A premier League licence, German League licence and international cup competitions licenced.

it also stated the its was to be released on Wii, PSP, DS, 360, ps2, PC and PS3. strangely the PS3 version was listed as Pro Evolution Soccer 7 '1st team edition' and had alot more features and modes listed than any other version.

Quick note, there was no Metal gear solid 4 scheduled, HALO 3 was down for September 26th, Heavenly sword was down for Sep 26th.

http://n4g.com/NewsCom-40051.aspx#Comments

I hope what ure saying is true but i we know that FIFA have the premiership license till 2010 or something. If Konami have pulled this off it would be ace.

There's only two things that could have happened here:

1) There was a similar thing to this in a magazine that was an April Fool, saying PES7 had all the Premiership teams in (but it was later confirmed by the magazine to be an April Fools joke). The guy could have read that and thought it was for real.

2) The Premiership license is an exclusive license, meaning it can only be purchased by one party (but you are permitted to license up to, and ONLY, two Premiership teams without this license). For this to be true, this ruling would have had to have been abolished, and I would have thought it would have got massive publicity if it had.

Look at the guy's details (click his username, "withintheranks"). His previous "submissions" make him seem like a customer and not someone who works behind the scenes, and his previous "comments" make him sound like a bit of a nutter (he goes on about hating Xbox 360 fanboys, often in caps, when he's obviously a Sony fanboy himself). The article also has incorrect spellings and the "read more" button directs you to Game.co.uk, which has no such story.

You're mad if you trust this guy.

Last edited:
Yep Im with Jack.

Everything else makes sense tbh. Especially the PS3 version having a different title. Theres games coming simultaniously on both X360 & PS3 and few of them are marginally better or have extra content on PS3 (Darkness etc).

We've heard too much info about the PS3 version being different to simply ignore it.

I will say, Game get on the fly info now from various journalists who work on all Future Publishing magazines. They get documents sent by them quarterly.

He says "international competitions licensed" - how can that be true? The World Cup can't be licensed, because FIFA would never allow that, and EA produce a UEFA game as well as a FIFA game, meaning UEFA would never allow that. What other "international competitions" are there that aren't run by FIFA or UEFA?

Think about it, it can't be true.

Anybody noticed how that article now requires you to login?

I think they've took it down...

If it's taken down it can mean two things:
1. They were not allowed to release that news
2. It is prooven not to be true

Take your pick :D

I work at GAME, and i havent seen these documents yet.

However we have recently bagged a good selection of 'special edition' exclusives such as spiderman 3 and C&C 3 kanes edition.

Whether or not this will translate for ProEvo is yet to be seen.

As soon as i hear anything myself i will be first to report it though.

He says "international competitions licensed" - how can that be true? The World Cup can't be licensed, because FIFA would never allow that, and EA produce a UEFA game as well as a FIFA game, meaning UEFA would never allow that. What other "international competitions" are there that aren't run by FIFA or UEFA?

Think about it, it can't be true.

Not to give any more credibility to the "news" generally, but I think by "international" they just mean national leagues in different countries, rather than competitions involving international teams. There's enough ambiguity there for a misunderstanding - and it could be argued even PES6 has licenses for "international" leagues (Holland, France, Spain).

Also, the Premiership has just renegotiated its international tv deal, maybe the console/licensing rights get renegotiated at the same time ?

I'm more hopeful than convinced though.

and has n e 1 noticed the starter of this thread hasnt replied 1nce to bak the news up ? ;)

I have heard some of these rumours from more than one source though, like the PS3 will ne the definitive version and that it will include the Championship.

Come on you Saints!

Not to give any more credibility to the "news" generally, but I think by "international" they just mean national leagues in different countries, rather than competitions involving international teams. There's enough ambiguity there for a misunderstanding - and it could be argued even PES6 has licenses for "international" leagues (Holland, France, Spain).
That's actually a good point well made (which you rarely see on these forums, thank you ;)).

I still don't believe the news that more Premiership teams are licensed as that's against the current law, but with the rumoured increase in disc content, more leagues are possible (hopefully some lower leagues will be included seeing as every other football game now has them).

What still strikes me as odd though, is that this is a GAME employee who "broke the news" - now there's plenty of other GAME employees who get the same thing that this guy claimed to read, but the most news that they have reported is that the PS3 version is called "First Team Edition". You'd think if they were going to spill that, they'd spill the lot.

Back
Top Bottom