Pro evo on Linux?

Ragg

League 2
4 December 2003
Leeds Utd
A long shot but has anyone got pes5 working on Linux using Cedega/wine etc?
computer died and the switch to linux hinges on whether or not pro evo will work!

you need a Emulator i believe.. i got other games to work (such as Half life 2 and CSS) but i havent tride PES5.. i used it on ubuntu.. havent really had time to test it.. back to school for me :(. i used Y emulator.

cheers folks, will have a go, tell me if you have any success your selves, i'm a newbie to the whole linux thing (suprised myself getting t'internet to work) so i'm sure your more likley to get it working...

Ragg, one thing I know about linux and gaming is that you may not be allowed to update your video card in order to play newest games. That is the reason why most gamers still using microsoft with directx.

You may opt to use linuz as for your everyday computing work, but leave another partition for windows to play games. If you only use your pc for games just stick with windows and partition your harddrive so that the OS is left in a single partition and all other stuuf not belonging to the OS itself in another partition(s)

Managed to get all my drivers etc working no probs, actually it was a lot easier/quicker to use than windows....but yeah pro evo runs on directx :( and the emulators can't run it yet, some guy managed to install it but always said 'insert disc' even when it was in the drive (cracks didn't work either).
anyway yeah, now have a serperate partition for windows, hope one day folks get it working for linux though, would prefer to use it for sure after spending a whole day updating drivers etc in windows, anyways thanks for the feedback

Back
Top Bottom