Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (PS3)

NickSCFC

Banned
18 July 2003
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Stoke City/Liverpool
PES creator gives us the exclusive on the next-gen PES

Changes

"We already have some 'to do' lists for PES6, but not as much as had in the past. It becomes harder and harder to improve the next one.What we will say is that we'll watch football matches for trends in the way games are played and incorporate that into the game."

Gameplay

"We'll never get to the point where we can't expand, just in terms of tweaking the AI. From next year onwards, everyone will be looking at next-gen platforms, meaning there will be more goals. We have so many places to improve and explore."

Graphics

"Yes, naturally we're chasing that aspect as well. The new hardware will allow us to further enhance the graphics in terms of stadiums and lighting. We've got to the point where PS2 xan no longer improve the graphics. The PS3 will allow us to move to a new, bigger house. On the other hand, I still haven't accomplished everything with AI. The system for players receiving the pass is still not right."

Online updates for licences/teams/stats

"Techhnically we could do this, but other reasons like licence agreements with the clubs make it difficult. Our goal is that the players can play with the newest player information and stats. We're trying to improve the European licencing for PS3."

PSP and PS3

"PS3 will have a memory stick, so we'll see a better relationship between the hardware and software. We're thinking about a version of PES that concentrates on Edit mode, so you'll be able to do all your editing on PSP and bring it back to PS3."

PES6 at PS3 launch

"It could be tough. It depends on when Sony is planning to release the machine."

ps2we8p_1m.jpg
ps2we8p_2m.jpg
ps2we8p_3m.jpg

Last edited:
And before anyone asks, no those are not screens from the game, they're from one of the current version's intro sequences. ;)

The top right one is from PES4 intro movie.

EDIT

My mistake, Ive only just read your second post.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know, the next-gen WE has already been confirmed for the Xbox 360 at the Leipzig games convention back in August, apparently at X05, there was a showing of PES5 for Xbox, and it was specualted that it actually might have an emulator built in to be compatible with the 360 as well

I was expecting them to rebuild the AI, which is the main flaw of the game. Let's hope they concentrate on AI, more tactical and individual options and have better physics to the ball and in collision detection, as well as 360º degree movement and passing, with power bar for EVERY kind of pass. If that is not accomplished, it will be agains another update of the game with more crisp spectacularity but the same flaws it has now. Let's wait.

drekkard said:
I was expecting them to rebuild the AI, which is the main flaw of the game. Let's hope they concentrate on AI, more tactical and individual options and have better physics to the ball and in collision detection, as well as 360º degree movement and passing, with power bar for EVERY kind of pass. If that is not accomplished, it will be agains another update of the game with more crisp spectacularity but the same flaws it has now. Let's wait.

That just makes the game stupidly comlicated. Fifa tried this a few years ago and the game was terrible.

They should be concentrating on the AI and graphics for this version. The gameplay should just be tweaked, a whole new game engine is not nessecary.

Oli_GHG said:
That just makes the game stupidly comlicated. Fifa tried this a few years ago and the game was terrible.

They should be concentrating on the AI and graphics for this version. The gameplay should just be tweaked, a whole new game engine is not nessecary.

Well, mainly I find quite stupid to have this :l1: + :circle: long pass that automatically goes to the chest of a forward. That kills the realism in my opinion. At least, it should be removed and that pass should be done by :circle: alone.

:l1: + :triangle: should have also a power bar in order to adjust the ball and do chippped passes or deep high through passes.

By pressing :x: you pass to the nearest player, and holding :x: sends the ball to the furthest player. That means you can't do a pass to, lets say, the 2nd man in a line of 3. By having a power bar to :x: you should be able to do such passes.

About 360º movement, it's something very necessary to add realism to the game.

I know it sounds complicated but I know Konami could succeed at it, if we're looking for further realism. But I would get satisfied if they improve DRAMATICALLY the AI of the players, even if it makes it harder to create chances.

Konami had already said that PES 6 will be on PS 2.

Only PES7/WE 11 will be at PS 3, on 2007.

I think they should improve injuries, maybe sum blood or wounds. Change the refs, the crowd are basically 2D and we need 3D. Hopefully may be they can get official licensing for premiership (english) and officla names on countries n team and kits.
#
If say your new to the game and your buying one off then people who look at the names n licenses they are going to get fifa 06 but if they get more liceses then pro 6 will be the top daddy 4 EVA

I've been wondering awhile now about ps3 patching. Could it be alot easier then the ps2 patching? The reason im thinking this is look how quickly the cracked the psp software using memory sticks. Surely this will be done in the same way for ps3 instead of using a modchip or swapmagic. If so licenses arent really a big deal with the great pathers around. ill be pleased with a decent Ml and updated grapichs for the 1st next-gen version

drekkard said:
Well, mainly I find quite stupid to have this :l1: + :circle: long pass that automatically goes to the chest of a forward. That kills the realism in my opinion. At least, it should be removed and that pass should be done by :circle: alone.

:l1: + :triangle: should have also a power bar in order to adjust the ball and do chippped passes or deep high through passes.

By pressing :x: you pass to the nearest player, and holding :x: sends the ball to the furthest player. That means you can't do a pass to, lets say, the 2nd man in a line of 3. By having a power bar to :x: you should be able to do such passes.

About 360º movement, it's something very necessary to add realism to the game.

I know it sounds complicated but I know Konami could succeed at it, if we're looking for further realism. But I would get satisfied if they improve DRAMATICALLY the AI of the players, even if it makes it harder to create chances.

Power bars annoy me, 'cos you have to wait for them to fill up before the player responds. A system that uses triggers, like the Xbox has, would be better. The more you press them, the harder the ball goes. I'd also use the right analog stick for things like curling and determining the height of the ball.

I know EA have just recently paid £20m for the FIFPRO license for 5 years. The FIFPRO license allows games developers/publishers to put in any licensed data for any club and national team.....maybe Konami shoudl look into this?

j4yc3e said:
I know EA have just recently paid £20m for the FIFPRO license for 5 years. The FIFPRO license allows games developers/publishers to put in any licensed data for any club and national team.....maybe Konami shoudl look into this?

The FIFAPro license only covers players image rights, it does not cover leagues and clubs. Clubs all have their own individual image rights and you cannot replicate that team in a game without their permission or paying a fee. Only the MLS operates where the league owns the image rights to the clubs and players.

FIFAPro for instance do not control the rights to Manchester United and who can replicate them in a game. In fact, any player can opt out of the FIFAPro situation and set up individual image rights, e.g. David Beckham, Oliver Kahn, etc. Then you have to pay that player to use them in a game.

It's all about money, not monopoly. Konami can buy the the rights to use the club and player names, it is NOT exclusive and is not represented by one unique body.

One thing I would like to be improved is that the referee misses offside situations sometimes. As it is today the referee never do any misstakes and that isn't realistic.

Mikey said:
Power bars annoy me, 'cos you have to wait for them to fill up before the player responds. A system that uses triggers, like the Xbox has, would be better. The more you press them, the harder the ball goes. I'd also use the right analog stick for things like curling and determining the height of the ball.

You could be given a choice of what type of passing system you want.

1) Default same as PES4 and PES5
2) Tap X you will get normal pass, hold x you will get power bar with 360 degree on the left stick. You could also be given an option of how quickly you want to charge the power bar and how quickly the power bar will be shown.
3) Trigger system.

Other problems which can be fixed

1) Stadiums with no fans. (even for the pc version, surely they could have an option for those with more powerful computers to have fans)
2) Poor commentary.
3) Biased refs who don't even book cpu players for slowing you down, last man tackles or pushing you off the ball, but have no problems booking you for running beside the cpu player.
4) CPU players that run as fast as you even though you have not got the ball.
5) Manual pass that is on the right hand stick but could be better implemented on the left stick just like fifa (tap pass button you get normal pass, hold pass button you power bar for manual pass)
6) Heading system where you don't even control when you jump for the ball.
7) Slide teckles where you have no control on redirecting the ball (You still cannot slide tackle a through ball). Sensible Soccer and Kick off had this.
8) Goalies who cannot even throw to the nearest palyer.
9) Power bar for passes at freekicks , which doesn't even effect the power and direction.
10) Players who don't even move towards the ball, and worst case they will run away from the ball.
11) Replays are still too short on the PC or Xbox version. (how hard is it to increase replay length).
12) No control on what players attack/defend corners/freekicks. Kick off had this.
13) Throwin system that is rubbish, no control on power and most of the time direction. The cpu will often place your players as far as possible away from the thrower when attacking or defending. They should go back to the PES3 version.
14) No realtime lighting for stadiums. Michael Owen's World League Soccer 99 had this on the PS1
15) No realtime weather for stadiums (start/stop raining/snowing/sun/wind) Michael Owen's World League Soccer 99 had this on the PS1
16) No 360 degree rotation for freekicks.
17) Penalties are still poor, no control on power, run up or even curl. You still cannot move the goalie befor the ball is kicked.
18) Crossing system is poor compared to sensible soccer where you had control of height, speed and curl.
19) Players will jump over the ball even you have not pressed the jump button, especially on the wings or in the penalty box.

PRO EVO 6: FIRST NEXT-GEN DETAILS!

Master league online is the next step forward but what will you do when there's only one Wayne Rooney?

11:09 We're just back from a long weekend in Sardinia, where this year's PES European Championships took place.

A fine time to enjoy some extended PES footy action, a journalist's cup (lost 3-0 on penalities to Holland) oh and of course the agony of the England game. However while we were out there we also managed to catch a quick word with the PES/Winning XI series' legendary producer Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka.

We spoke at length about all things PES including Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game and we'll be bringing you a full report on that later in the week. But following revelations that PES next-gen may feature 11 versus 11 online action, Seabass also revealed a few more tantalising details including intriguing plans for an online version of the game's Master league feature.

The Master league has functioned as PES's league mode where you build up a team of superstars to take on the world's best clubs. Seabass' development team are still inking in the final details but apparently the main online stumbling block will be star players - balancing the transfer market when there is literally only one Wayne Rooney or Andriy Shevchenko.

We'll be kicking off more PES next-gen action later this week.

do konami and seabass read these forums? if so the things they must have in one of the next 2 pro evos is;

new commentators!
referee strictness bar in pes shop instead of double speed match
all licenses for everything
players with 70 for speed should not be able to get near people with 90odds
and to be honest thats all it needs. a few more tricks for individual players would be good too,maybe l2 could be a random trick button, but no fifa street stuff, just the best move to beat the opponent

Dryheat said:
You could be given a choice of what type of passing system you want.

1) Default same as PES4 and PES5
2) Tap X you will get normal pass, hold x you will get power bar with 360 degree on the left stick. You could also be given an option of how quickly you want to charge the power bar and how quickly the power bar will be shown.
3) Trigger system.

Other problems which can be fixed

1) Stadiums with no fans. (even for the pc version, surely they could have an option for those with more powerful computers to have fans)
2) Poor commentary.
3) Biased refs who don't even book cpu players for slowing you down, last man tackles or pushing you off the ball, but have no problems booking you for running beside the cpu player.
4) CPU players that run as fast as you even though you have not got the ball.
5) Manual pass that is on the right hand stick but could be better implemented on the left stick just like fifa (tap pass button you get normal pass, hold pass button you power bar for manual pass)
6) Heading system where you don't even control when you jump for the ball.
7) Slide teckles where you have no control on redirecting the ball (You still cannot slide tackle a through ball). Sensible Soccer and Kick off had this.
8) Goalies who cannot even throw to the nearest palyer.
9) Power bar for passes at freekicks , which doesn't even effect the power and direction.
10) Players who don't even move towards the ball, and worst case they will run away from the ball.
11) Replays are still too short on the PC or Xbox version. (how hard is it to increase replay length).
12) No control on what players attack/defend corners/freekicks. Kick off had this.
13) Throwin system that is rubbish, no control on power and most of the time direction. The cpu will often place your players as far as possible away from the thrower when attacking or defending. They should go back to the PES3 version.
14) No realtime lighting for stadiums. Michael Owen's World League Soccer 99 had this on the PS1
15) No realtime weather for stadiums (start/stop raining/snowing/sun/wind) Michael Owen's World League Soccer 99 had this on the PS1
16) No 360 degree rotation for freekicks.
17) Penalties are still poor, no control on power, run up or even curl. You still cannot move the goalie befor the ball is kicked.
18) Crossing system is poor compared to sensible soccer where you had control of height, speed and curl.
19) Players will jump over the ball even you have not pressed the jump button, especially on the wings or in the penalty box.

Agree with most of that. I also want super cancel to be fixed. I hate having to hold down 2 of the shoulder buttons to use it, and I hate the fact you can only sprint while using it, and not run at a slower speed. Makes things very frustrating when you wanna only move your player slightly.

"...The system for players receiving the pass is still not right."
I bet they mean the first touch that FIFA have included in their games. This would be a nice addition to PES but as long as its not as easy as FIFA.

what about a microphone?..I always scream and talk when I play..when the players hear me screaming they will work harder ;)

Sorry Nick, but this is useless. It's a good try, but you don't give me a single piece of useful information in that first post. I could have said those things, I think it's pretty clear they're going to try and improve on things. You shouldn't have posted this mate, no harm intended here.

TheWolf said:
The FIFAPro license only covers players image rights, it does not cover leagues and clubs. Clubs all have their own individual image rights and you cannot replicate that team in a game without their permission or paying a fee. Only the MLS operates where the league owns the image rights to the clubs and players.

FIFAPro for instance do not control the rights to Manchester United and who can replicate them in a game. In fact, any player can opt out of the FIFAPro situation and set up individual image rights, e.g. David Beckham, Oliver Kahn, etc. Then you have to pay that player to use them in a game.

It's all about money, not monopoly. Konami can buy the the rights to use the club and player names, it is NOT exclusive and is not represented by one unique body.
and thats why they don't have the nike tick on kit's arsenal,barcelona etc right

Back
Top Bottom