Pro Evolution Soccer - A never to be made remaster

gabe.paul.logan

Retired Footballer
7 January 2007
Budapest
Hungary

I think we can all agree that these games are dated from many aspect but from some they are still superior to current gen. What improvement do you think a never to be made "remaster" should have which in the same time still doesnt takes the soul away of the oldschool core gameplay? Also what are the essential features that werent present in all PS2 titles should be in this "remaster"?

PES 5 as base
add all PES 6 modding achievements (new player models, 4k internal graphics, etc.)
expand database to PES 21 size - no need for licenses for all I care it can be another row of Team A, B, C...
international challenge mode with all available national teams so we can have qualifiers for all zones
i guess better attacking ai? otherwise no real gripes with the gameplay

and biggest one, master league

instead of pretending it's a real simulation of football world (it isn't) stick to what worked in PS2 era - PES Points and ability to mix leagues. Except make it customizable as fuck this time around
-number of leagues and divisions so you can go 4 leagues with 3 divisions each or 8 leagues with 2 or 6 with 3, then 2 with 2 and then one with one - whatever! provide some templates for quick start but otherwise allow you to structure your ML as you wish.
-in the same vein you can configure eurocups, maybe even be able to add a third one (intertoto cup anyone?)
-ability to define some constant values like amount of points per wins, promotion, development growth rate (PES 5/6 growth is a bit op but like 80% of that would be amazing) and others
-a better transfer ai but that hasn't been achieved until today. When u play pes 21 and see andy robertson moving from arsenal to real madrid you realize konami just dont transfers.

extra points: master league online except its not some hi-speed mode for sweaty bois but just ability to play the same master league save with multiple people

tl;dr a man can dream 🐑

Back
Top Bottom