Problem with Max Drive

petepompei

Conference
11 September 2005
I have a problem with my max drive. there is an option file on my max drive but when i plug it in the usb port of the ps2, the datel software tells me there's nothing on the drive.:( any suggestions or solutions most welcome
cheers.

it can be the option file your problem, sometimes there're bug with files. Where did you get this one? is the format .max?

yes, it's definetely the .max file. it's weird: i've tried two different max drive and nothing, both upon connecting it to the ps2 appear empty. could it be a problem with the ps2 itself?

ok i've downloaded this Watson's V.2 (amazing OF!!) and it works, so i think that there's a problem with your drive or with the ps2 port.
is the max drive key read by your ps2, by the way try the other usb port on your ps2.
It's a stupid question i know but:roll: are you sure that the option file is on your drive, because you could have put the security on it without willing... and no file can be transfered. I don't understand want it could be, if the drive is working:shock:

thanks urssaf. i think that you're right, there must be a problem with the usb ports (i've tried them both) on my ps2. can they be repaired?
meanwhile is there any other way to transfer the OF from the pc to the ps2? (i have no x-port) any instructions available on this forum?
cheers

If you have a ps2 that can play backup games/cd's you can try this method:

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/cd2mem

I used to use it when I didn't have my Max drive yet. And sorry to hear about your problem, it's certainly weird but it sounds like it's the ps2 port that's not recognizing it.

Weird enough I had same problem 2-3 nights ago for first time where although Max drive was in and it was on "Unlock" and everything was fine, the max drive clickable icon just wouldn't light up and become clickable in the Max drive disc so I had no way of accessing what's in it and transferring it to my memory card but I took it out put in again and restarted and after few times worked again and been working fine since! So it's a bit weird but if your ps2 port isn't fucked.. maybe it'll also start working again on its own lol. ;)

take care

that's a very good tutorial, you can follow it that's what i use to do with patch's OF, cause there's not always a .max.
good game!

@PLF: this watson's OF use your stats? it's an amazing work, thanks cause i use it now

thanks to all of you for advice and suggestions
@ PLF: i'll certainly try your 'cd2mem' tutorial and let you know how i get on.
cheers

You're welcome

@Urssaf, It is indeed great work but all your thanks should go to Watson not me. And yeah it uses the stats I posted on first page of my thread.

Back
Top Bottom