Problems?

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
UK
Tranmere Rovers
The FIFA 07 360 Demo Impressions thread in the Other Games Discussion forum has had three posts added in the last half an hour or so (according to the "last post by:" bit), but none of them have appeared in the thread. I noticed this happened a few days ago, but only with one post, and then when it was re-posted, it appeared okay.

What's going on? Anti-FIFA conspiracy? :-s

Jack Bauer said:
The FIFA 07 360 Demo Impressions thread in the Other Games Discussion forum has had three posts added in the last half an hour or so (according to the "last post by:" bit), but none of them have appeared in the thread. I noticed this happened a few days ago, but only with one post, and then when it was re-posted, it appeared okay.

What's going on? Anti-FIFA conspiracy? :-s

Have you called Nina Myers on this? ;)

• Staff
ninja.gif

• Staff
Is nobody looking at this?

In the FIFA demo impressions thread, there's been three posts in the last half an hour. You click to read the thread, and the last post there is from three hours ago.

Come on lads, get your finger out - I made a donation to Evo-Web four years ago you know!!

• Staff
Okay, somebody listen. :(

If you go into "Other Games Discussion" right now, you'll see it says FIFA 07 (360) Demo Impressions - last post by STG. If you click on the thread, the last post was by WEtongelre. This has happened three times today and God knows how many times in the last few weeks since Evo-Web was restored.

Check the other thread above/below this, we're having a few other issues at the moment which are a little more important.

I'm sure this will be looked at when it's possible to do so.

Edit:

Checked it and it seems fine to me...

Last edited:
  • Staff

What in the name of God?! I've just been back to the thread to make sure I'm seeing things, and no, I can only see WEtongelre's last post. I've checked in Firefox and IE.

Could a virus do that?!

No, surely not, it must be a problem with my Evo-Web user account...?

EDIT: Okay, something weird is going on. Paddyknight has just made a post, and STG's post that YOU can see, between WEtongelre's last post and the last one by paddyknight, is not appearing.

Page 18:

Page 19:

Last edited:
At the minute mate that is the least of our worries. There are many members who cant even get on the site so that takes priority over the problems with the FIFA thread. Once the major issue is sorted I am sure we will get round to the other smaller issues

• Staff
Okay, I wasn't saying "my problem's the most important" - it's not just in the FIFA thread though. I'm just glad I can get on.

Same. The last post in the PS3 thread is, apparently, by tiktiktiktik, but the last post I see is still ThomasGOAL's from the screenshot above.

Mr. Bauer, I get the same problem. I see that the PS3 read has new posts, and I go to it to see ThomasGOALs GT HD post.

Not a realy biggy compared to some people not being to able to log-in, but I hope it gets sorted.

The problem is that there are no settings for me to change on a per-user basis. The thread is working fine as far as I can see. Can you try clearing out the cookies in your browser or just try a different browser altogether to see if the problem persists?

Done both, as I mentioned earlier I've tried in Firefox and IE, and I deleted the cookies a few days ago just to see if it helped - same problem.

Cheers for trying though, Mart.

Well, if nothing else the forums will be updated to the latest version soon, with any luck this problem will disappear.

Any idea what timescale we're talking about for that? Weeks, months?

I wouldn't ask but it's happening in any thread over twenty pages now. :(

If all goes to plan it won't even be weeks. I feel your pain but have no idea what the cause of it is.

That weird stuff Jack was on about is happening again. Apparantly, Tiktiktik has replied to the 'Next-Gen FIFA' thread but when I click on it the last post is mine! :weird:

I think I know whats causing it but unfortunately I dont think it can be fixed

I'm a fan of your avatar by the way as a big pedant myself. I think it needs something about "could of, must of, should of" as that seems to be a growing phenomenon. Kids these days.

Cheers. :) This time of year always brings out the new guys, the ones who go and buy PES for the first time, register on here and ask "y is liverpools kit not proper like it is in fifa?" - so I was quite chuffed when I found it.

Perhaps something could be invented to translate these posts into English, i.e. make the first letter of each sentence a capital one, change "u" into "you", "your right" into "you're right", "cud of" into "could have"...

Hey, this time next year I could be a millionaire.

If only I could program.

And I wasn't a petty, petty man.

This text-speak phenomenon amongst the youth of today is getting way out of hand. I was on some forum a few days ago and needed a translator to tell me what the hell "wot r u doing 2morrow nyt?" was in English. :roll:

Anyway, the correct grammar for that question is "Why is Red Shite's kit not proper like it is in FIFA?". :lol:

Going back to the original problem. Mr Bauer, El Diego, ash and anyone else who had the problem, is it still happening now we're up to date forum-wise?

Just to let you know that due to my expert testing skillz and the fact I'm a sad bastard, I've managed to nail down the problem. It actually affects all registered users though it's also affected by the number of posts you have selected to be shown on each page.

To verify what I mean, take my test thread in this forum. You have permission to not ignore it. :)

If you access the thread and have all of the posts shown on one page, you will see all 5 of my posts and the last one is numbered 6 [the thread has a post that has been removed hence the number 6 not 5].

Go into your User CP > Edit Options and change the number of posts shown on a page to 5.

Refresh the thread and you'll see that you can only view 4 posts with no extra page so one of my posts has disappeared and the last one is numbered 5.

Genius eh?

I'm in the process of getting VB to verify there's a bug then I'll submit an official bug report and if they're being nice we should eventually get a fix. I'll keep y'all up to date.

Such excellent work cannot be labelled "sad", mein herr!

Seriously though, thanks for all of the hard work, it's much appreciated. This place keeps me off the streets.

Poo. :(

Another thread with the same problems: Winning Eleven -> First Impressions J.League Winning Eleven 10 (apparently embraceuk1 has posted, but it's not there for me).

Any response from VB yet?

Back
Top Bottom