ProEvo6 option file/update? PS2

K

kortist

Hi I am wondering how i would get the latest and best update or option file to update all teams and stadiums and extras ect...I am new to this and dont know anything about it...My playstation 2 is not chipped or modded and i dont have max load for it either, is it possible to just burn it to a disc and load it onto the memory card...any help would be appreciated.

the editing section didnt really help me (i am in the same boat as Kortist) because of the sheer volume of threads and posts. In brief how on earth do you do the updates??? cheers

you would benifit from buying a maxdrive, then its easy to download an option file, there are a lot to choose from, and then transfer that to your memory card. Its a simple process once you have a maxdrive.

hope i havent broken any rules Mods, feel free to remove if i have

try this hope it helps tutorial is at afterdawn.com
This is a tutorial on how to copy game saves to your PS2 memory card using uLaunchELF (required for games like GTA)

What you need:
- PS2 Save Builder (http://www.ps2savetools.com/download.php?op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=74)
- Game saves (I get mine from http://www.gamefaqs.com/)
- uLaunchELF (http://www.sksapps.com/index.php?page=launchers.html)
- How to boot uLaunchELF from CD (thanks kiwi1 for the link!) (http://www.sksapps.com/index.php?page=bootelf.html)

I’ll use Gran Turismo 4 (PAL) save as an example here.

1) Use PS2 Save Builder to open the save file you obtained

2) Select all the files on the left hand side of the program, right click and select on “Extract”

3) Create a folder with the same name as the game ID (in this case, it’s the first file in the list, BESCES-51719GAMEDATA (everything after the “B” could be different, depending on the game and which region the game came from, but this file should be really easy to find), then click on OK (the filename will say “not used”, don’t worry about that)

4) Open the folder you just extracted the files to, if you did it correctly this is what you should see:

5) Copy the FOLDER (not just the files) to your USB flash

6) Load uLaunchELF on your PS2, browse to your USB flash (under mass:/). Locate the folder you just copied, then press R1 and select “Copy” to copy the entire folder

7) Browse to your MC (mc0:/ for the first MC, and mc1:/ for the second MC) and in the base folder press R1 again and select “mcPaste” to paste the entire folder here (do NOT use “Paste”, while it works for most games, some games like GTA, GT4 will only work if you use mcPaste)

8) You should see a folder called "BESCES-51719GAMEDATA" (again, name varies for different games) under mc0:/ (you may need to exit this folder and go back again to see it), and if you go into the "BESCES-51719GAMEDATA" folder, you should see the 4 files in there

9) Reset your PS2 and load the game, the game should now load the game save correctly.

You can also reverse this process to copy your game saves from your PS2 MC to your PC

Region of the game save:
It IS possible to use game saves from different regions, what you need to do is to change this file "BESCES-51719GAMEDATA" (again, going back to my GT4 example) to match with the same game from a different region.

Using a different game as example (Kingdom Hearts 2), the Japanese version is "BISLPM-66233-01" and the US version is "BASLUS-21005-07". If you want to use the Japanese save on the US game, you'd need to rename "BISLPM-66233-01" to "BASLUS-21005-07", save this change, then save the whole thing to a folder called "BASLUS-21005-07"

Last edited:
Yes thats how i di it :) i used swapmagic 3.6 cd version and my psp as the usb device hope this helps

Last edited:
DUDE it's so easy, look on e-bay and people sell memory cards with updated option files on (they're BRILLIANT, all the kits, all the stats, transfers...) quite cheaply, some people you can send them your memory card, they put it on and send it back. Which is cheaper. I just copied one of a friend......

hey i am new here so im sorry if im wasting your time. i have a chipped ps2 n wondered how i can can get kits,badges etc onto my game either pes5/6. it would be a great deal if you could help me.

i dont really have a clue how to do it or what i max drive is so if u can help thanxs

ray

ps how did u find the updated memory cards ?plz tell me

Back
Top Bottom