Project Gotham 3 - Official Thread

Time for a new in game shot from PGR3.

From Bizarreonline.net

"As always, this screenshot is in-game and running on 360 hardware. It isn't a mock-up or such like... Pay particular attention to the reflections of the bridge on the car's paintwork and windows; this is something we're especially proud of. In fact, we're still working on improving the overall appearance of the car materials and their interaction with the scene at the moment. Charlie (a programmer at Bizarre) has taken some incredible test screenshots which I will drop into a future Studio Update."

enzo_high.jpg

Niiiiiiice :D

I am definitely going to 'wait and see' with this one. There was an article on IGN saying they saw a preview build of the actual game being played and it wasn't pretty. They did mention that it was supposedly running on a dev kit at only 60% of final 360 power but like I said I'll wait and see - if that HD clip posted a few weeks ago looks so lush why are IGN saying they've played the thing more recently and it's far from impressive?

Going on previous PGR games, I really can't imagine this game looking ugly. They've always been some of the best looking games on their consoles (Dreamcast and XBox I think in total?), and I expect PGR3 to be no different

It'll look the biz no doubt I just wonder how fast it'll run as the article said they were hoping to get it running at 60fps in the end. The possibility of it running lower than 60 is a little baffling considering it's a next-gen machine, but that's probably a personal thing for me - I think GT4 looked 10 times better than Forza just becuse of the framerate.

Ah I see what you mean. Well it looked very, very nice in the video, and I imagine they want to make it look pretty jaw-dropping so I think to get it running at 60fps is quite a high priority (hopefully)!

ClassicD said:
I am definitely going to 'wait and see' with this one. There was an article on IGN saying they saw a preview build of the actual game being played and it wasn't pretty. They did mention that it was supposedly running on a dev kit at only 60% of final 360 power but like I said I'll wait and see - if that HD clip posted a few weeks ago looks so lush why are IGN saying they've played the thing more recently and it's far from impressive?

This is taken straight from Bizarreonline.net. The reply to this question is from a BC Developer.

Dr_Colossus said:
If the game is running much faster in their office right now why are they showing such an old build? Is it just that they don't want to reveal more then the older builds already had or that the old builds only run on old hardware and they couldn't spare any newer debug kits for the show.

Stubette (BC Dev) said:
And the reason why that build was shown was twofold - firstly, it was one of the few spare kits we have (they're like gold dust here!) and secondly, because the newer build, even though it's running fast and looking better than the older builds, is only just up and running on the new kits. This means it's pretty unstable, with plenty of crashes, strange bugs and other issues to fix.

For presentation purposes, it was safer for us to show a slower build that was more stable than a newer one on the new kits that might crash due to some unforseen problem with the porting process. We're at that horrible time in development where everything is being pulled together, meaning that there's a lot of instability around - fixing one thing seems to just break another!

But the nearer we get to completion, the better it gets...
icon_smile.gif

Studio update 11 includes a 3D screenshot which is very very cool. This game is looking better and better by the minute.

Make sure you read the update for all the technical wizardry on show.

Last edited:
I love these guys in the comments section, saying the human eye can't tell the difference between 33fps and 60fps, etc. I must have special eyes then. ;)

MON THE SIXTY!

ClassicD said:
I love these guys in the comments section, saying the human eye can't tell the difference between 33fps and 60fps, etc. I must have special eyes then. ;)

MON THE SIXTY!

I know they are fools. I'm registered on thier forums and I am sick of the 60fps arguements, really irritates me. :)

You would notice a difference in FPS if it suddenly doubled from 30 odd to 60 odd :) im sure we all would :)

DJ

Of course you would, look at ISS Pro/PES on the PSOne then look at it on PS2, or look at Gran Turismo and Forza, it's clear as day.

yes it is ClassicD :) Im personally impressed with Gotham 3, that will be one of the Launch titles I buy with my 360 on November 29th :)

DJ

As it hasn't been posted I thought I would post the final list of cities.

London
Tokyo
New York
Las Vegas
plus the Nurburgring

pdvd0404lq.png

Even though there are less cities that PGR2, the area in each is about 3 times the size. There should be an excellent variation in track types around those cities.

Also here are the different race types, much more variation that PGR2. These are just the race types, this doesn't include the challenges like the Cone challenges, Time vs Kudos etc etc.

pdvd0395hk.png

DAMN!!!! No more KGB Corner antics from Moscow, I really hope they will add a few of the old PGR2 tracks in a later download, say like PGR2's greatest hits tracks, KGB Corner, St Basil's from Moscow. Captial Thrill I think from Washington, a couple from Chicago, they can keep Florence, Barcelona, Stockholm, and the other two Asian cities, Yokohama and I cant remember where else. Sydney weren't bad and the Paris Download was a great adition with some classic courses.

Yeah KGB was fab, loved that track. Remember that there are thousand and thousands of custom tracks we can design and upload to Live for us all to play on. Speaking of Live, I think we have to have a swansong session on PGR2 before the 360 arrives.

And incase you didn't know, it doesn't look like PGR3 will be a launch game. I imagine it will be launched just before Christmas so hopefully not to long a wait.

Thought I would also post this pic, it is the Mac F1 Ben was driving during the presentation at the Tokyo Games Show. The picture was taken using the photomode with a bit of sepia effect and some camera blur - nice!

pdvd0440so.png

Ah, my poor wee heart just skipped a beat due to seeing actual screens from the game we'll be playing for the first time, and then you go and tell me it's not likely to be a launch title. :(

Probably won't bother my arse picking the machine up till the game is out :(.

Looks nice though, and I'm all for a final few sessions of PGR2 ;).

That would just be a pure sly video then, I aint going to watch it. I know about the track editor but I worry about the time it'll take to download such a things, I mean TimeSplitters, and soon to be released Far Cry have map editors, but on TS the maps seemed to take an age to DL and also you didnt know which of your friends had that map if anyone at all!!!!!

Also I think it will be hard to beat KGB Corner simply due to the width of the track at times on it, I mean the start finish straight up to that first corner was mental, but a great laugh, then of course the 'T-BONE' corner coming down to the river. Basil's of course had the pair of arches that could always be taken wrong while airborne, before the little chicane that could be straight lined, or clipped and end up facing the wrong way... ;) all in prob my two favourite tracks on PGR2.

peat said:
Reactor when did you hear that PGR3 wont make launch?
cus on the 17th Sept Bizarre confirmed PGR3 would make launch day.
The news was on here:
http://www.planetxbox360.com/?view=article&article=221

That is a miss quote in that article. They will make the "Launch Window" which means up to a 3 month period after the launch of the console (I think that is how MS classify a launch title). I would have thought, like Kameo, that if PGR3 was a day 1 launch game it would have been announced by now. In the most recent vid posted above Gareth refuses to give a date and will only say that they are not delayed and they will ship in the launch window.

I would imagine we will see it before Christmas, I sure hope so.

The old 'Launch Window' rather than Launch titles has been a crafty bugger of a thing, hence why games which are 90 days after Launch can at the moment be included in any list of games that companies are floating about at the minute. I'll be gutted if PGR aint a Launch title and it may just make me hold off getting a 360, but I shall see, cause I did really want to get the 360 on Launch day, then be on PGR that night, alas it may not work out like that........

I just want to stare at my new console when it arrives, this is why I have no games on order yet :)

Back
Top Bottom