Project Gotham Racing 4 (Xbox360)

Just bought it off eBay for £23.98 delivered from Hong Kong :) I've used the guy before to get a PS3 game and the game came after four days or something. Looking forward to it!

Placebo, you seem to have bought a game which fundamentally isn't to your liking. PGR is all about street racing with the odd racetrack thrown in to the mix, Nurburgring + Michelin. The handling is sim/arcade, more so arcade.

Just bought it off eBay for £23.98 delivered from Hong Kong :) I've used the guy before to get a PS3 game and the game came after four days or something. Looking forward to it!

you got a link? might be interested in using him in the future. hope my copy arrives next week even though we got the post strikes again.

Well I'm not gonna give up on yet, although I'm majorly hooked on Skate, and Fifa is released in 4 days, 11 hours and 49 minutes so not sure how much of a look in PGR4 will get ;)

But can you tell me if I'll eventually race on more open tracks against more than 3 AI opponents? Cos they're the two things I dislike most (other than not being able to read half the text without getting out of bed)

CRAP CRAP CRAP.

I need my 360 back nowww. :cry:

Make sure you fill this thread with impressions guys, I'm dying to know what it's like.

into it for a few more races.

just had a blast with the m5 around the las vegas tracks, this car is so incredibly good. very nice to drift, best car so far :)

now i had an invitation race event (one race you can win one car in, but you only have one shot at it)

subaru impreza 22b around snowy quebec...weather effects are soooo massive :) you need to try it yourself jack, but this game just offers everything.

sound track is brilliant too, had 2 different maximo park songs so far, 1x kaiser chiefs, and some really odd arabian stuff i never heard before but just fits perfectly.

around the same range as pgr3 = perfect for me

I am absolutely desperate to try it. I've already pre-ordered it but I'm waiting on a replacement Xbox Elite to get into stock before I can do anything. After looking around the official website the other day, at the weather effects and everything else (I thought there would be one or two, I had NO IDEA there was light rain, heavy rain, storms, FOG!).

I hope there's loads of demo impressions etc. posted soon, I'm salivating over this one.

Apart from the higher screen resolution (less jaggies) I didn't notice much difference betweek this and 3.

And why the hell have they messed up the camera (right stick" it'sn not smooth, there's only 8 angles now, it's like the PES replays.

I personally love it! had a go on the snowy track, and the 1st 2 arcade ones and rode a bike on it.. plus I can see the difference between this and number 3. It does look a bit more detailed. If you liked PGR3 you will love this. The demo for me plays excellent! ill be buying this for sure.

Hopefully I'll have mine on Friday when I get home. It got dispatched from Hong Kong last week so Royal Mail are probably keeping hold of it.

THIS DEMO IS AMAZING! Like Hargreaves stated, if you liked PGR3 you will LOVE this. :)

Loved PGR3 and it was awesome online. Looking forward to more fun with bikes on PGR4 :D Pre ordered it should be here on sat. Not in any rush

Bah it's too arcade for me, bike are ridiculous to handle, the weather are nice but doesnt affect the drivability enough (ever try to take a u turn at 100 mpg with a Bike on snow ?) And no damage.
FOrza2 is still the best racing game out there for me.

For me comparing FM2 and PGR4 is like comparing PES with Fifa Street Soccer.

Bah it's too arcade for me, bike are ridiculous to handle, the weather are nice but doesnt affect the drivability enough (ever try to take a u turn at 100 mpg with a Bike on snow ?) And no damage.
FOrza2 is still the best racing game out there for me.

For me comparing FM2 and PGR4 is like comparing PES with Fifa Street Soccer.

Yeah, except that FM2 is just a bad game.

Played the demo for about 30min. I was looking forward to this as i got pgr3 as a classic and thought it was a lot of fun. However the handling seemed a bit lacking for me. Maybe i need to give it more time, but i seem to remember pgr3 being just a bit sharper/tighter then the demo. It also felt like it had more "angles". In the demo i used the ferrari and it seemed very heavy and seemed to go from say 5degrees to 10degrees without having a smooth inbetween element. Although it could have to do with the camera angle as it couldnt find the button to put it one closer. I did eventually but then i was racing on the snowy nurburgring with another car. Also the snow should have a far bigger effect to the racing, al it felt like to me was a nice graphics addition and the steering/braking felt a bit puffy. But i could still brake far to fast and accelerate far to easily. And if this is the most "intensive" weather i hate to think how little i would notice the rain.

Ill give it another few goes later today, but atm im a bit dissapointed, and i cant say i was expecting much more then pgr3. PGR3 felt instantly driveble and responsive. This seems a little lacking atm.

Tik, driving that Ferrari in the rain certainly makes her tail happy, felt much like a return to the heady days of PGR2, though Live will determine if I ever spend 100 plus hours online with a game again. PGR2 Live's ranking system made you really earn your rank, say you were last in a race, so long as your finished you could still have fun trying to gain Kudos to help you rank up, sure some might say thats cheating, but it worked, no one ever quit in PGR2, you played to the Chequered Flag, you got your Kudos and you moved onto the next race to see if you could do better. It worked perfectly.

From the Demo, this is PGR3 What they wanted to do! It has more cities like PGR2 had, it has weather like PGR2 had and the only really big change I can see is that it has Bikes to be different. Sure alot of things are sharper looking, but I found the handling the same PGR feel, awesome, oversteering, correct it and dont lose the car, understeering, handbrake it and let the Kudos roll!!!!!!!!

This has been dispatched, should be getting it tomorrow morning.

Shame I still have no 360. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom