• Attention modders: We've excluded PNG files from the pool of allowed attachment file extensions because most of them are way too large and put a huge strain on too many users who haven't got a fast internet connection. Please keep your attachments reasonable, there's really no need for losless screenshots here. However, you may still post external links leading to PNG files but we'd advise you not to, if possible. Thanks!
  • Just a reminder, folks. Make sure the links to your mods and patches are in accordance to our new rules regarding Monetization! Mods and patches breaking them will find their corresponding threads removed without further warning or notice as we see fit! As of the 24/11/2019 we no longer allow any form of Monetization for mods/patches that our members make. For further in detail information please check out the following thread: https://tinyurl.com/wk2llmx By reading and dismissing this notice you hereby accept this policy and agree to its terms. Any violation to this may result in a disciplinary action. Thanks for your attention! Tom

Project Odyssey Retro

mattmid

Champions League
15 December 2011
odyssey-logo.png

***RETRO***

We're creating a separate thread for this as the other one is for modern day Leagues, Cups and Specials (like the UEFA Youth League mini release). In here from time to time we aim to release some retro Leagues and Competitions.

So if short shorts, grainy tv and mud is your thing, you're in the right place. Well, either here or some dodgy website on the dark web perhaps? Here will probably be safer though.

The first release will be coming along soon enough and will again be something never before seen on PES. We've seen some excellent classic patches and option files with various teams from the past, this first release will go a step further.

In keeping with our Project Odyssey releases so far, it will be set in it's own world within the default PES6 option file. Courtesy of @sniglet it will come complete with a FULL set of absolutely stunning kits. Trust me you will be blown away by them.

More on exactly what the first release will be nearer the time.

In the meantime some retro music to get you in the mood.

mattmid

Champions League
15 December 2011
@MadbaLL It will certainly cover back to early nineties and before that it will largely depend on what CM/FM databases have been made. It's not the first one, but that Serie A one you have been waiting on should make it here ;)

MadbaLL

Interista per sempre!
11 February 2008
"Curva Nord"
Inter Milan
@MadbaLL It will certainly cover back to early nineties and before that it will largely depend on what CM/FM databases have been made. It's not the first one, but that Serie A one you have been waiting on should make it here ;)
what do you mean by "it's not the first one"? there will be more retro OFs? :)

mattmid

Champions League
15 December 2011
@MadbaLL I mean that Serie A one we talked about before isn't the one that is going to be released but I will be getting to it before long :)

mattmid

Champions League
15 December 2011
So, anybody care to guess which season we are recreating for this league?

Here's a clue with a couple of screens showing off the brilliant kits made by @sniglet for this game. (by the way the grey bits on the sleeves and white bits at the bottom of the shorts are actually transparent parts of the kit and don't show in game in case you were wondering)

Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/v79XuuW.png[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/GzcjnGZ.png[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/HlJStwE.png[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/yO7swYS.png[/img]

Titch

Premiership
4 October 2004
Ah I was narrowing everything down based on the kits and Coventry's badge. Not sure which is right then yours or HK.

mattmid

Champions League
15 December 2011
Well all the kits match on 1979/80 I think, not sure about the badge though. Remember teams had the same kit for more than a season back then before today's money grabbing outfits!

mattmid

Champions League
15 December 2011
Right, back working on this today after a break while working on the World Youth League file.

Just had a cup game between Spurs (me) and Middlesbrough. Crazy game!

spurs2.JPG

Some performance from Hoddle as well with no less than 4 assists!

spurs.JPG

Middlesbrough even had time to miss a sitter at the end as well.

mattmid

Champions League
15 December 2011
Has it really been this long!? I eventually hoped to have 32 teams in this to allow for an FA Cup to be played from the last 32 but I haven't had the time to work on the other 8 teams. So as it's long over due and @sniglet 's spectacular retro kits really need to see the light of day I'm going to get this OF released in the next couple of days :)

A few pics....

7980 4.JPG
7980 5.JPG
7980 6.JPG
7980 7.JPG
7980 8.JPG
7980 9.JPG
7980 91.JPG
7980 1.JPG
7980 2.JPG
7980 3.JPG

mattmid

Champions League
15 December 2011
A little video from a game tonight. I played as one fixed player (getting to quite like this mode) as Flanagan (CF) of Crystal Palace against Wolves. End of game highlights then a couple of bits from extra time including my successful penalty in the shootout :D There are some who'd say that was my only contribution but I was also brought down for our penalty during normal time. Those who say it was a dive are wrong.

miguelfcp

"Why you no play Retro-PES?"
27 June 2009
@mattmid: Fixed player as a goalkeeper + player camera is the way to go. Not only you can - sometimes - participate on the action but it also allows you to sit back and enjoy the beautiful community-made PES6 stadiums. I remember playing on a Craven Cottage...it was lovely, looked like the real deal.

mattmid

Champions League
15 December 2011
@mattmid: Fixed player as a goalkeeper + player camera is the way to go. Not only you can - sometimes - participate on the action but it also allows you to sit back and enjoy the beautiful community-made PES6 stadiums. I remember playing on a Craven Cottage...it was lovely, looked like the real deal.
Could you see the River Thames? You can from the away end, it's right next to the stand :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom