Project Odyssey Retro

mattmid

International
15 December 2011
odyssey-logo.png

***RETRO***

We're creating a separate thread for this as the other one is for modern day Leagues, Cups and Specials (like the UEFA Youth League mini release). In here from time to time we aim to release some retro Leagues and Competitions.

So if short shorts, grainy tv and mud is your thing, you're in the right place. Well, either here or some dodgy website on the dark web perhaps? Here will probably be safer though.

The first release will be coming along soon enough and will again be something never before seen on PES. We've seen some excellent classic patches and option files with various teams from the past, this first release will go a step further.

In keeping with our Project Odyssey releases so far, it will be set in it's own world within the default PES6 option file. Courtesy of @sniglet it will come complete with a FULL set of absolutely stunning kits. Trust me you will be blown away by them.

More on exactly what the first release will be nearer the time.

In the meantime some retro music to get you in the mood.

@MadbaLL It will certainly cover back to early nineties and before that it will largely depend on what CM/FM databases have been made. It's not the first one, but that Serie A one you have been waiting on should make it here ;)

@MadbaLL It will certainly cover back to early nineties and before that it will largely depend on what CM/FM databases have been made. It's not the first one, but that Serie A one you have been waiting on should make it here ;)

what do you mean by "it's not the first one"? there will be more retro OFs? :)

@MadbaLL I mean that Serie A one we talked about before isn't the one that is going to be released but I will be getting to it before long :)

So, anybody care to guess which season we are recreating for this league?

Here's a clue with a couple of screens showing off the brilliant kits made by @sniglet for this game. (by the way the grey bits on the sleeves and white bits at the bottom of the shorts are actually transparent parts of the kit and don't show in game in case you were wondering)

Code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/v79XuuW.png[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/GzcjnGZ.png[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/HlJStwE.png[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/yO7swYS.png[/img]

Ah I was narrowing everything down based on the kits and Coventry's badge. Not sure which is right then yours or HK.

Well all the kits match on 1979/80 I think, not sure about the badge though. Remember teams had the same kit for more than a season back then before today's money grabbing outfits!

Right, back working on this today after a break while working on the World Youth League file.

Just had a cup game between Spurs (me) and Middlesbrough. Crazy game!

spurs2.JPG

Some performance from Hoddle as well with no less than 4 assists!

spurs.JPG

Middlesbrough even had time to miss a sitter at the end as well.

Has it really been this long!? I eventually hoped to have 32 teams in this to allow for an FA Cup to be played from the last 32 but I haven't had the time to work on the other 8 teams. So as it's long over due and @sniglet 's spectacular retro kits really need to see the light of day I'm going to get this OF released in the next couple of days :)

A few pics....

7980 4.JPG
7980 5.JPG
7980 6.JPG
7980 7.JPG
7980 8.JPG
7980 9.JPG
7980 91.JPG
7980 1.JPG
7980 2.JPG
7980 3.JPG

A little video from a game tonight. I played as one fixed player (getting to quite like this mode) as Flanagan (CF) of Crystal Palace against Wolves. End of game highlights then a couple of bits from extra time including my successful penalty in the shootout :D There are some who'd say that was my only contribution but I was also brought down for our penalty during normal time. Those who say it was a dive are wrong.

@mattmid: Fixed player as a goalkeeper + player camera is the way to go. Not only you can - sometimes - participate on the action but it also allows you to sit back and enjoy the beautiful community-made PES6 stadiums. I remember playing on a Craven Cottage...it was lovely, looked like the real deal.

@mattmid: Fixed player as a goalkeeper + player camera is the way to go. Not only you can - sometimes - participate on the action but it also allows you to sit back and enjoy the beautiful community-made PES6 stadiums. I remember playing on a Craven Cottage...it was lovely, looked like the real deal.

Could you see the River Thames? You can from the away end, it's right next to the stand :)

Last edited:
Right here it finally is!

Option File: English First Division 1979/80. (All other teams are Original default PES6)

Teams:
Arsenal
Aston Villa
Bolton
Brighton
Bristol City
Coventry
Derby
Everton
Ipswich
Leeds Utd
Liverpool
Man City
Man Utd
Middlesbrough
Newcastle
Norwich
Nottm Forest
Stoke City
Tottenham
West Brom
Wolves

All the squads from that season. All the great players of the time. Kenny Dalglish, Graeme Souness, Alan Hansen, Terrry McDermott, Pat Jennings, Jimmy Rimmer, Peter Shilton, Terry Butcher, Arnold Muhren, Kazimir Deyna, Ray Wilkins, Gordon McQueen, Lou Macari, Joe Jordan, Steve Coppell, Garth Crooks, Glenn Hoddle, Ossie Ardiles, Ricky Villa, Steve Perryman, John Wark, Cyrille Regis, Andy Gray, Terry Hibbitt and hundreds more.

The season for those interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979–80_Football_League#First_Division

As a bonus there are also four international teams England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, allowing you play out the old favourite Home Nations tournament that used to happen at the end of every League season until the early eighties. It was played out as a group with each teaming playing the others once. Northern Ireland were the 1979/80 winners, who'll win your tournament?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979–80_British_Home_Championship

All 28 teams have kitserver kits, brilliantly made by @sniglet Also in the download in the kitserver/dat/*_text folders are a scoreboard and menu screen and a couple of other bin files. All original stuff in those is made by @sniglet

International League is renamed to English First Division

Download links@

Option File: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ro60j3kwf6c816r/KONAMI-WIN32PES6OPT/file

Kitserver files: http://www.mediafire.com/file/wgu6i95ymf0e7uc/kitserver.rar/file

If you want to keep it as a separate game I would suggest downloading Sany's Vanilla PES6 and using that to add the download files to.

Enjoy! Feel free to post any pics/videos here from the file. :)

There's not enough info to do other European clubs (or do I really want to as it's very laborious work) but what I am thinking of doing, seeing as we have 24 clubs here, is to add in another 48 best teams of Europe for that season and using the default players but renaming them with the proper squads of the time and where possible making sure the best players go over default top players. This would allow for a cracking 1979/80 Master League experience :)

Last edited:
I'm going to play out the Home Nations tournament over the next couple of days. Rather than pick one team I'm going to control all four and play a half as each team in each match. I'll play the away team first half, home team second half. I'll also play it out as a League playing half season so as it plays out properly.

First fixtures will be

England v Wales

ew.JPG

Loved that old Wales kit!

Northern Ireland v Scotland

ns.JPG

Wow, great to see there is an OF for such an old season. I will definitely try it. Would love to see other classic seasons, too.

By the way, I also have some OF I made some years ago, it includes Serie A seasons from 90-91 to 1998 or 99, all teams had their full squads and logos but I just made the kits in the editor so it is not looking that nice. For 90-91 I also made teams like Bayern, Marseille and Crvena Zvezda. Thanks to pages like Pesmitidelcalcio I could find stats for most of the players. I can upload them if anybody is interested of course. I also have a half finished of for 2001-02 season (this one is for pes5) and used French League Teams to create missing teams from PL, Serie A and La Liga. I still want to finish it completely (Serie A, Bundesliga and PL are done, La Liga maybe 35 % done too and some national teams) but when this will happen is hard to say. It is a lot of fun but sometimes I prefer to play some games in PES instead of working on OF.. Sometimes it is hard to get proper stats for some players from smaller clubs...

I look forward to using this 79-80 file, I don't know much about English football from the time before Premier League so it will be very exciting to get to know this era better and play with guys like Shilton and Keegan. Thanks a lot and much respect for this work!!

@Fenomeno9 Thanks. I think it would be well worth uploading them in either the Option Files section (there's one for PES6) or you could even just post it in the retro thread as I'd expect more would see it there. There must be some great teams in that 90-98 OF.

Oh and if you are editing PES6 option files have a look at the editor thread as there's now a csv import option added to it in case you weren't aware. Saves so much time! https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-editor-peterc10-dev.79986/

@Fenomeno9 Thanks. I think it would be well worth uploading them in either the Option Files section (there's one for PES6) or you could even just post it in the retro thread as I'd expect more would see it there. There must be some great teams in that 90-98 OF.

Oh and if you are editing PES6 option files have a look at the editor thread as there's now a csv import option added to it in case you weren't aware. Saves so much time! https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-editor-peterc10-dev.79986/

Thanks a lot, I did not know that! Will try it.

Yeah, there are many great Teams from the era when Serie A was the best league in the world. Especially 90-91 I like a lot, the year after Italia 90. The last year of Maradona in Napoli, Inter with fresh WC winners Matthäus, Brehme and Klinsmann, Milan with their dutch trio and more legendary players like Maldini and Baresi, the wonderful team of Sampdoria with Mancini and Vialli, Cagliari with a great Enzo Francescoli (childhood idol of Zinedine Zidane), Juve with Italia 90 star Schillaci and the one and only Roberto Baggio, the 1st year in Serie A of Parma that would become one of the best teams in the world in the next few years etc.... what a great season! Will upload and share it here soon.

Wow, great to see there is an OF for such an old season. I will definitely try it. Would love to see other classic seasons, too.

By the way, I also have some OF I made some years ago, it includes Serie A seasons from 90-91 to 1998 or 99, all teams had their full squads and logos but I just made the kits in the editor so it is not looking that nice. For 90-91 I also made teams like Bayern, Marseille and Crvena Zvezda. Thanks to pages like Pesmitidelcalcio I could find stats for most of the players. I can upload them if anybody is interested of course. I also have a half finished of for 2001-02 season (this one is for pes5) and used French League Teams to create missing teams from PL, Serie A and La Liga. I still want to finish it completely (Serie A, Bundesliga and PL are done, La Liga maybe 35 % done too and some national teams) but when this will happen is hard to say. It is a lot of fun but sometimes I prefer to play some games in PES instead of working on OF.. Sometimes it is hard to get proper stats for some players from smaller clubs...

I look forward to using this 79-80 file, I don't know much about English football from the time before Premier League so it will be very exciting to get to know this era better and play with guys like Shilton and Keegan. Thanks a lot and much respect for this work!!

i'm interested in that 2001/2002 option file, i hope you will find motivation to finish it ;)

Thanks a lot, I did not know that! Will try it.

Yeah, there are many great Teams from the era when Serie A was the best league in the world. Especially 90-91 I like a lot, the year after Italia 90. The last year of Maradona in Napoli, Inter with fresh WC winners Matthäus, Brehme and Klinsmann, Milan with their dutch trio and more legendary players like Maldini and Baresi, the wonderful team of Sampdoria with Mancini and Vialli, Cagliari with a great Enzo Francescoli (childhood idol of Zinedine Zidane), Juve with Italia 90 star Schillaci and the one and only Roberto Baggio, the 1st year in Serie A of Parma that would become one of the best teams in the world in the next few years etc.... what a great season! Will upload and share it here soon.

Can't wait to play that!

i'm interested in that 2001/2002 option file, i hope you will find motivation to finish it ;)

I will upload it the way it is now (not finished yet) along with my 90-91 Serie A file when I have access to my laptop again. As I said it already has finished leagues (Premier, Serie A and Bundesliga) and a lot of other teams are done too (Spanish and French top teams and most CL teams like Panathinaikos, Galatasaray, Celtic, Porto etc). Played a PL season with Leeds United and had a lot of fun and also a very tight title race in Serie A with a photo finish between Inter, Juve and Roma just like in real life that year. In Bundesliga I think 2-3 teams need a little upgrade as they were too weak compared to reality. My plan is to finish it completely to have La Liga too as well as all teams of WC 2002 and other big National Teams. Ah, Boca and River Plate are done yet and I want to add a Brazilian team later (Sao Paulo or Santos maybe).

It would be great to have as many kits and faces possible in there, but since I have no clue how to do these things I just have all teams with kits made in the editor. How to change kits for teams that are fully lincensed in the games by the way?? Cause for now these teams have their 05-06 kits from PES5.

Also I think some people use CM stats and convert them into PES stats, is there any kind of manual how this is done as it would help a lot cause I also found CM 01-02 on my collection?
And how are those stats compared to the stats taken from PSD or Miti del calcio?

Back
Top Bottom