@mattmid: You should keep restarting and replaying your match against Midtjylland until you trash them mercilessly, it's every man's duty to do so! :DD

It seems you chose wisely, that roster is pretty balanced compared with some that exist on the database. But then again, as our knowledge of these players is either very limited or non-existent really, that doesn't mean you're set: it all depends on how they evolve over the years.

@miguelfcp, Well Konami chose wisely really. Which is a worry :LOL:

The first game is done and what a game it was. Two crowd heroes are born as Barry the 2m striker who also has a jumping stat in the 70's to go with it, and Hamache, a lively wide man with ATT 75, SPD 76, ACC 74 and agility 80 to go with his Sht Acc of 72, scored two goals apiece in a stunning comeback.

Lille found themselves 2 goals down after just 23 minutes and not really in it during the first half. They did however grab a vital goal on 43 minutes and then following an inspired half time team talk from the manager (despite it being in English and the players not having a clue what he was on about) the crowd witnessed a remarkable turn around. Lille quickly equalised, before getting another to go 3-2 ahead. Then, two key moments decided the game. First Pyne-Coyle for Brondby hit a great volley that only just went over with the keeper beaten. Then a late tackle from Mouaddib forced one of their player's off with all three subs already used. Lille took advantage of the extra man to add a further two goals for a 2-5 away win.

Elsewhere Midtjylland strolled to a 3-0 win in Cluj whilst the other four teams shared the points in the remaining two games.

Despite their heroics, the two heroes won't be starting the next game as several changes will be made to take a look at others in the squad.

Four games into the season now...

Game 2

Midtjylland 2-0 Lille

Midtjylland showed why their youth team is a force to be reckoned with and just why they reached the last 8 of the real UEFA Yth Lge Cup. Another pair of early goals conceded for Lille but this time not a sniff of a comeback as Midtjylland never looked like letting Lille back into the game.

Game 3

Lille 0-0 Dinamo Brest

Dinamo Brest put up stern resistance in this one despite Lille peppering their goal on regular occasions. They were unable to break them down though and Brest held on fairly comfortably in the end.

Molde 1-2 Lille

The second win of the season finally arrives as Lille edge a close encounter with the Norwegians. Lille again fell behind and for the second time this season came back to win.

Table:

table.JPG

Midtjylland top the early table with surprise package Radnicki 2nd only on goal difference. Brondby appear to be full of goals at both ends of the pitch whilst Cluj are still searching for their first goal of the season. A search that Lille hope to avoid when they meet them next in the D2 Cup. A game that will see those in the Lille squad who have yet to feature get their first run out of the season.

Top Scorers.

Barry (Lille)

Hamache (Lille) Pyndt, Elkjaer (Brondby) Cajuste, Simsir (Midtjylland) Haland (Molde)

Assists

Teksen (Brondby) Stanivukovic (Radnicki)

Best Ratings to date (Lille)

Barry 6.7
Zekaj 6.5
Pau 6.3
Lesage 6.3

Development

N'Landu, an 18yr old CM is the first player to progress a complete stat level.

The pick of his stats are

Spd 73
Acc 78
DrbAcc 76
Spass 73
Tech 72

He also has playmaking, passing and middle shooting stars, so hopes are high in Lille that he will become the finished article.

I noted in a previous post about the tall striker Barry's strong points. His weakness? Mentality 15!

@mattmid: Midtjylland top of the league? Like our friend the Dinner would say, and I quote him, ":shiver::shiver:".
That's as tight of a race as it can be though. Radnicki must have a surprisingly decent squad, I don't even know the club existed at all!

About Barry, with his Mentality, it's a surprise you can convince him to get out of bed and come play some football, let alone to become the league's top scorer :DD I heard once he was coming on the pitch and some fan shouted "you're a great player Barry!" and it traumatized him for life. How can people be this cruel, he thought.

Quick update. Not far away from releasing this now, should be by the end of next week at the latest.

After a LOT of work, I've got the ML salaries looking great at the top end. :)

XgmOW6W.jpg

Just had a test League match Hajduk Split v Cukaricki that got a bit feisty to say the least - check out the foul count! :BLINK: 20 min match. Even Peter and Trevor complained about the amount of fouls :LOL: And yeah I know Hajduk is spelled wrong in the game :)

9FDd0en.jpg

and a couple of highlights from the match - a lovely finish and a great bit of skill from the Hajduk striker that was met with a good save low down.

What will be in the OF?

122 Youth teams full of real players all born 01/01/00 or later with the teams they were at for the start of the 18/19 season. 18 'teams' of more real players for use in the ML along with Free Agent real players as well.

Over 4000 real players in total .

It won't come with kitserver kits but there are plenty about for most of these teams that you'll probably have yourself already if you want to go that way. All kits for teams who weren't in the original game have been made in game by @miguelfcp (with a bit of added flair here and there) Original game teams with licensed kits have the kits they had then. So all teams have an approximation of their kit or past kit.

Last edited:
A few more clips from my next three games against Arsenal, Krasnodar and Brann. Two great saves by my keeper in one Arsenal attack followed by a thunderbolt that just went wide against Krasnodar and then some chances at both ends in the Brann game. Includes a bit of chipmunk commentary from replays I increased the speed on :DD

Guys, if you want to have a taste of our next Odyssey project, The World Youth League, come join us on the Retro-PES Corner thread for a brand-new community challenge.

As you might know, me and @mattmid have been working on a revolutionary database for PES6. We called it the World Youth League, and it's the first-ever database that includes solely youth footballers.

As we're getting closer and closer to having the file ready to be released, we decided to celebrate it with a retro-PES challenge which you all will be able to participate in.

Welcome to the World Youth Cup.
oZkskbH.png

0uAA3aw.png

The World Youth Cup is a COM vs COM competition in which you, the user, can take charge of any of the 32 participant National Teams as a football manager. You pick the final squad for the tournament, you pick the starting-11 for each match - as well as the team's formation, tactics and collective/individual strategies - and we'll let the AI take care of business. Unlike in real-life, shady practices won't have any influence on the outcome of each game: we can't buy the referee or pay the opposition to lose on purpose: if you want to win, you truly will have to outsmart your opponent and showcase your superb managerial skills.

How to play
(Choose one of the following two options for you to be able to enter this competition)
Option 1:

1. Choosing a National Team

• Choose a team you want to manage. You can only pick a team which is not yet under human control.
    You'll be sent the World Youth League PES6 Option File
    Play PES6 and register the players you want to call-up for your chosen National Team. You can also pick the starting-11, formation and strategies.
    Send the updated Option File to either me or to @mattmid
    Et voilà, you're in!
2. Pre-Match

• Before each match your team will be playing in, update your World Youth League OF with your desired starting-11, formation and strategies
    Send the updated Option File to either me or to @mattmid
    Et voilà, your team is match-day ready!
Option 2: But I'm lazy/I'm Busy/That's too much work for me/Etc.

If you choose the But I'm Lazy Or I'm Busy Or That's Too Much Work For Me Etc. option, you won't have to do a goddamn thing.

Step 1 - Pick the team you want to manage;
Step 2 - Sit back and enjoy the show: we'll pick the players, formations and strategies for you. We'll do all the work.
Step 3 - Et voilà.

(obviously, we'll give priority to users who choose the option 1)

---
If you have any doubts about the competition, don't be afraid to ask here.

Hey guys i dont know if this project is still going on but i can help and do kits for teams that mattmid will create if you guys need help feel free to pm me

@Mordor123 Hi, that would be brilliant. :) I've taken a bit of a break from editing lately but I'll probably get back to it soon so I'll pm you.

Any different leagues anyone would like to see (must be on FM to get the data) ? I.m open to suggestions

It's a shame the videos are broken, I was curious to see this idea in action. I'd love to see more countries represented in football games, myself.
Not that my ideas intend to do away with the big teams - my interest is more bringing other continents to rub shoulders with the European and South American giants (such as what I did here).
It's also too bad we can't put any more teams in PES like we can in FIFA - anyone here remember the Career Expansion Patches?

Hi bros! I think this is the appropriate place to post this..

This is a repost from something I wrote earlier in the Evo-Web Football Thoughts thread:

I feel something is missing in nowadays top-flight "Big 5" European Football Leagues, which was not the case 15 years ago or more. I can't really pinpoint what it is. I don't know if it's the takeovers, the lack of homegrown connections, the rise of social media, the predictability, or the star culture, to me modern Euro top 5 league football seems too super-stylized, a bit empty even if it has the best talent in the world.... it feels a bit soulless to me..

At least from my vantage point, watching the big Euro Leagues in South American TV channels (which unfortunately, focuses on the giants), does not satisfy me the same way that watching the J-League, the Peruvian League, Korean Second Division, the Argentinean League, does.

I remember growing up back in the 90's/early 2000's, big European football seemed much more.. accessible somehow. I know they were still giants, with a lot of money and influence, but things felt less.. corporate. It felt way more real and very cool, entertaining and relatable. Football had a much more "local flavor" (playing styles, personality of the fans, the city seemed to be more connected to the teams). I miss the unpredictability also. I don't really know how else to explain it, but English teams FELT English, Italian teams FELT Italian. Even with all the international singings, which I always thought was cool, the teams retained a lot of identity. When a Ghanaian player went to play for an Italian team, he brought Ghanaian flavor to the team, which was great and added to the personality, even if the team still FELT local. It's difficult to explain, I guess. Now when I watch the big teams in the Champions League, they seem more like corporations and less like teams representing a fanbase.

As you guys probably know, I am a big fan of South American and Asian Football (especially J-League and K-League). All of my Master League Stories have focused on these teams so far, and I have an emotional connection to these leagues. As I am South American myself, I really love not only the Colombian League, but also the Peruvian, and Argentinean Leagues, which I find have a lot of passion, and in Asia, the Korean and Japanese Leagues really appeal to me for emotional reasons. I would love to get back to European Football, it's just difficult to see where to start. Maybe a smaller league, or a mid table or second division team might satisfy what I'm looking for.....

I guess what I mean is: Things just seem too "streamlined" now. It's like they're trotting out superplayers in superkits and in shiny superstadiums. But where's the SOUL? Where can I find an emotional connection in the big leagues? Mostly I see is just a culture of celebrity and over-spending.. I don't get the same chills I got back in the day when for example, an older Roberto Baggio went back to unheralded Brescia, or the magic of the Van Basten/Gullit/Rijkaard partnership at Milan. Everything, from the Champions League to the Ballon d'OR feels pre-fabricated.. How can I get that magic back? Europe is at the center of football and I feel like I'm missing out on what made it great and appealing to me, what I actually most love about football, which is an emotional connection!

milan.png
Back when, IMO, the mainstream European Leagues had much more heart and soul..

You guys may ask now: Why am I posting this here? Well, I think in this thread, there might be some like-minded people who might share my view. As much as I would love to find this kind of old-school, sentimental approach to football fandom, I think it's leaving the big European teams, and I wonder if they will ever return. It really is a shame, because big, influential teams with huge fanbases should also have this kind of sentimentality, as they used to have. These are large, proud teams with a lot of history and which used to have deep connections with their fanbases. But I just don't see big mainstream football moving in that direction anymore. I don't know if it's just nostalgia, but I think at least in the largest leagues and teams, things are becoming too streamlined for my taste.. For some of the reasons I stated above.

That is why, in recent times, I find smaller, less recognized leagues (as well as second divisions) very interesting for my Master Leagues, and I fully support these efforts of not only showing different leagues around the world, but also including them in different PES editions. I'd love to try the Romanian League, the Nigerian League, and other places that do not get mainstream footballing attention. I think it's great that the newer editions of PES have started to include many of Europe's second divisions, but I feel like, for an international game like PES, (you guys wouldn't believe how popular PES has remained accross the years in South America, for example), these efforts of Project Odyssey are very much worth it, and are at the heart of what many of us love about football in the first place! This project is a FANTASTIC idea, and I really hope you guys can keep showcasing these obscure leagues and divisions, where we can still find a lot of heart, interesting stories, and personalities of cities, players, managers, and fans a lot of us haven't heard from. Bravo guys! :BSCARF: :RSCARF:

Last edited:
A Master League with this might be fun or just play out a league. I played out an Albanian league season with it once and it was great fun (and hard work!) It's an option file I made from 2015/16 and includes lots of 'lesser' European leagues. https://evoweb.uk/threads/option-file-release-european-leagues-1.77023/

Has the Austrian, Albanian, Belgian, Croatian, Czech Republic, Dutch, Macedonian, Poland, Slovenian, Slovakian and Swiss leagues

@mattmid Have you thought about perhaps expanding the project? Maybe include some more leagues? It'd be cool to hear how you set up the option file, did you research the players or how did you go about it? This seems like a cool project, maybe I can help you find some obscure leagues. :TU:

Last edited:
@millossobek I did it using the transfermarkt site for squads and used FM converted stats. Maybe a South American one with Colombia, Ecuador, Chile, Peru, Venezuela, Bolivia, Uruguay and depending how many spaces a left maybe a Colombia D2 ;) (All dependent on what info FM has for the likes of Bolivia/Venezuela though as I'm not sure offhand on those leagues) Not all obscure leagues by any means but they fit into the idea of leagues that aren't often found in PES.

@millossobek I did it using the transfermarkt site for squads and used FM converted stats. Maybe a South American one with Colombia, Ecuador, Chile, Peru, Venezuela, Bolivia, Uruguay and depending how many spaces a left maybe a Colombia D2 ;) (All dependent on what info FM has for the likes of Bolivia/Venezuela though as I'm not sure offhand on those leagues) Not all obscure leagues by any means but they fit into the idea of leagues that aren't often found in PES.
Wow bro.. This would be awesome, actually a dream come true haha.. :LOL: How many league slots does PES 6 have? And also, what year would you like to do it? If you ever decided to do this, I would advise to include the Brazilian and Argentinean leagues, so that Libertadores is fully playable (I know Brazil and Argentina aren't "obscure leagues", but for the sake of completion, I think this would be necessary for international cup). What do you think?

@millossobek I think I'd probably make it current as that was the idea of this thread originally, to be the current season at time of making. The league slots don't really matter too much as they rarely match up to the leagues. I just matched what did fit (like the Dutch league over the original Dutch) but the rest were mostly 10-12 team leagues or 16 so I just put them in as they were.

I'd imagine I could at least add the Brazilian and Argentinian qualifiers for LIbertadores and Sudo America (right name?) so that they could be playable too. :) As the Argentinian league has about 325 teams in the first division currently ( ok slight exaggeration, but not my much :LOL: ) I don't see adding that as an option as you can't play it anyway, just the Libertadores/Sudo qualifiers there but maybe there would be enough room for the 20 team Brazilian league.

Current league sizes are (correct me if I'm wrong on any of these or if they are changing)

Bolivia 16
Chile 17
Colombia 20
Ecuador 16
Paraguay 10
Peru 19
Venezuela 21?

What's with all the odd numbers of teams! :LOL:

So that would be 119 teams. There's 140 in PES - how many Brazilian and Argentinian teams have qualified for Libertadores and then how many for Sudo? Can't be more than 20 can it? So there should be room to add them.

@millossobek Are all the promotions/relegations finalised now for this season in those leagues? Would you be able to help let me know who is promoted/relegated because of the two stages in a lot of the leagues I'm not sure who goes down in some of them and who's coming up.

I'm not sure if the Paraguayan, Bolivian and Venezuelan leagues are in FM (there's no demo quickstart for them at least) but I can use transfermarkt hopefully to then use similar players to make them. I seem to remember Paraguay being in it before though.

@mattmid Hi bro! Ok let me see.. (I wanted to reply earlier but the forum was down, hehe)..

So it looks like you're gonna go ahead with it, that's great!! Man and I think it's awesome that it's current season, right now there is the December/January transfer market in South America, so player movements and transfers are going to be quite active in all South American Leagues..

What I'd suggest is.. Have the entire Brazilian, Argentinean, Colombian, Chilean, Peruvian, Ecuadorian, Uruguayan and Paraguayan Leagues.. And add Bolivian and Venezuelan qualifiers if there isn't enough space.. (since they are the two smallest leagues in the continent I would say). That way, you'd be covering quite a bit of "obscure" leagues, but would also include a very complete South American patch! Just a suggestion, hehe. :) Actually what I would do is have the top 20 for Argentina, (leave out a few of the smaller Argentinean first division teams, and ones that finished in the last places, for example Tucuman, Sarmiento, etc).

Now let me see..

I think relegation/promotion is finished for most South American Leagues. (Except for Chile) I believe they are the following.. :TU:

Brazil:
Relegated: Gremio, Bahia, Sport Recife, Chapecoense
Promoted: Botafogo, Goiás, Coritiba, Avaí

Argentina:
No promotion/relegation this season.

Colombia:
Relegated: Atletico Huila, Deportes Quindío
Promoted: Cortuluá, Unión Magdalena (2nd one is up for discussion still, due to controversy regarding their promotion match).

Peru:
Relegated: Deportivo Binacional, Universidad San Martín, Alianza Universidad
Promoted: Atlético Grau, Carlos Stein, Alfonso Ugarte

Ecuador:
Relegated: CD Olmedo, Manta FC
Promoted: Libertad FC, Imbabura SC

Uruguay:
Relegated: Progreso, Sud America, Villa Española
Promoted: Albion, Danubio, Defensor Sporting

Paraguay:
Relegated: Sportivo Luqueño, River Plate
Promoted: General Caballero JLM, Resistencia, Tacuary, Sportivo Ameliano (12 teams total in first division)

Chile:
Relegated: Huachipato, Santiago Wanderers
Promoted: Coquimbo Unido, i believe the other one is yet to be decided..

Bolivia:
Relegated: Real Potosí, San José
Promoted: Universitario de Vinto, Universitario de Sucre

Venezuela:
Relegated: Yaracuyanos FC, Lala FC, Trujillanos FC
Promoted: Titanes FC (The Venezuelan League will have 19 teams instead of 21 this season)

@millossobek Great stuff, thanks for that! :) Venezuela still not taken the chance to even the number of teams up :LOL:

That might be an option re your suggestion depending whether any of those three leagues are/aren't in FM. If not it would certainly be easier to just make the qualifying teams from those leagues.

That would give it
Brazil 20
Argentina 20
Chile 17
Colombia 20
Ecuador 16
Peru 19

112 then possibly

Paraguay 12

leaving 16 spaces for qualifiers from Bolivia/Venezuela and maybe fill it with 21---? from Argentina

Bolivia 16
Paraguay 10
Peru 19
Venezuela 21?

Back
Top Bottom