Projector Question

Projector arrived on Friday and despite not having ceiling mount/projector screen or even sound system we managed to jerry rig it working with a shelf on the rear wall, sound through my PC and just projecting on the wall for now, even so it's awesome and we're really happy with it :)

Took a vid with my phone: YouTube - VIDEO0002 Nat was playing Saboteur on the 360 :)

Some pics:

Seems my phone's not very good in low light but it looks really good, hopefully getting a sound system tomorrow then will get the ceiling mount and projector screen in the next couple of weeks. We also got a "Popcorn Hour A-200" media player the other week which is awesome and works really well with the projector :)

why did you get popcorn hour if you have a ps3 and a pc, you hear of java media server? Plus the quality of the screen matters as well, not just the projector, im looking at the stewart firehawk.. its about 1000 pounds or $2500

Looks good. Thanks for posting some pictures up of the projector in operation, it looks very bright and detailed.

What size of screen are you running at?

What's it like in normal daylight? I seen some projectors that are bright enough to work in the day (without darkening the room).

Ill take some better picture of mine later now i have a half decent camera it should look a hell of alot better

Alot of PJ's can be used during the day but it will definitely wash the picture out, pulling over 1 curtain does the trick for me but its obviously still not as good as when its dark

If i can get it to look like it does here on camera then you will be taking the leap sooner rather than later :)

why did you get popcorn hour if you have a ps3 and a pc, you hear of java media server? Plus the quality of the screen matters as well, not just the projector, im looking at the stewart firehawk.. its about 1000 pounds or $2500

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=59239

I have a 360 and know I can stream from it, I don't want to though, I specially wanted a "standalone solution" :)

Looks good. Thanks for posting some pictures up of the projector in operation, it looks very bright and detailed.

What size of screen are you running at?

What's it like in normal daylight? I seen some projectors that are bright enough to work in the day (without darkening the room).

I have no screen yet, it's just on a painted light blue wall which is far from ideal, will be ordering a matt white 120" electric screen from Ebay soon :) My projector's only 1000 Lumens so not suited to daylight viewing unless blinds are down and something's over the window as well, but I knew that when buying it :)

Ordered the 120" electric screen yesterday as well as 3 blackout roller blinds plus a black blackout thermal curtain, gonna be so dark! Just need to buy the ceiling mount but I can get a cheap universal one of those here :)

Oh yeah i did take some pic's when i said i was going to but they didn't do the HD justice at all so i didn't post them

I guess im just shit with cameras :LOL:

Pics please :)

Sure thing I'll take some tomorrow but the wife and I are equally blown away, looks absolutely stunning, just waiting for the blackout blinds & curtains to arrive so we can then play/watch on it whenever we fancy no matter the time of day, but so far I've spent:

720p Projector = £278
Projector Screen = £140
5.1 sound system = £17
Blackout blinds/curtains = £117

Total = £552 which isn't bad IMO, projector of course was second hand but works perfectly and has a superb image, just need to buy a ceiling mount which shouldn't be more than about £20 :)

60cm Blackout roller blind - Black
£9.99 2 £19.98
120cm Blackout roller blind - Black
1 £16.99
66 x 90 blackout curtains - Black
1 £39.99
16mm Bay Pole set - Satin Steel
1 £19.99

3 blinds, 1 pair of curtains, 1 curtain rail all delivered to Sweden, funnily enough no Argos' in Sweden ;)

My office/gaming room has 2 windows plus door which leads to the balcony so all glass needs to be covered and the windows open either at the top of sideways so if ventilation is needed the curtain is there for extra darkness :) They're all thermal materials so they keep it warm in winter and cool in summer :)

I tell you this for a fact blackout/thermal curtains do not keep the place cool in the summer

They are a fucking nightmare

Haha the screen is that big the dog was scared of it!

Very nice setup, loads of room in there. When you have the PJ mounted it would be nice to see some pics or a vid of it in operation.

You mean that kinda scuff in the middle of the wall? That's where my head used to be as we had the bed there when we first moved into the apartment, not sure what made the discolouring, I'm not that dirty I swear!

i managed to get a optoma hd65 and a 92" screen for £375 last week, its superb, makes me want to spit on my 37" tv, got it linked to my ps3, xbox360 and htpc.

cannot recommend them enough.

Yeah, looks nice. Could stick a 1TB SATA HDD in there and have it all up and running for about £120 and there's plenty of storage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom